Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 497
Total: 498

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Cunnilingus question  (Read 8978 times)

Offline evesregnar

Cunnilingus question
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:48:59 am »
Hi,

I recently visited a massage parlor and received a blowjob. The sex worker there put the condom on with her mouth and sucked for a couple of minutes. She then took off the condom to finish with a handjob with some lotion, but after a couple of moments of doing that I got paranoid and worried. I told her to put the condom back on, but by this point I had gone totally limp. As she was trying to put the wet condom back on, parts of it touched the tip and head of my penis. I'm pretty sure there was only saliva, but it was a dim room. After a few moments, she was finally able to wrap the condom around my penis and had to suck to let it expand into the empty condom and I came in the condom after a couple of more minutes. I feel like I messed up and should've just let her finish with the handjob. The whole thing was a bigger wet mess that I'd liked it to have been.

1) Did I practice safe sex?

2) Do you think I have any need to test for HIV at all?

3) Can I continue and have sex with my regular partner?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Unprotected Insertive Oral
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 11:01:38 am »
It doesn't matter if there was a bucketful of the woman's saliva on the condom or your penis. In the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a case of transmission from someone receiving a blowjob. It's safe to say that you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

I do recommend that you read the lesson on Transmission on this site. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV, so if you are sexually active it's a good idea to regularly have a full STD panel done -- at least annually.

As far as HIV is concerned there's no need for testing in relation to this incident nor is there any reason to be concerned about same in relation to your partner.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 11:06:03 am »
Thanks for the respond Andy,

I think most of my fear is driven from guilt of the whole incident. Also the fear or paranoia that there was some blood that may have been on the condom. Just a stretch, but it definitely played with my mind in the situation and the fact that it was a massage parlor environment.

Definitely a worried well here.

Offline evesregnar

Cunnilingus question
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 06:56:03 pm »
Hello,

I've looked at some information on dr. gallant's website, which this forum has often referenced to for sound information regarding oral sex and hiv in general.

It seems that you actually can get hiv from giving oral sex to a woman who has hiv.

http://qa.hopkins-aids.org/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&category_id=90&id=2836

http://qa.hopkins-aids.org/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&category_id=90&id=14127

But from the advice you guys give, there's absolutely no risk involved with cunnilingus. What do you guys think?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Cunnilingus question
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 07:40:48 pm »
I need to rely on more expert voices to give you a more concise response, but meantime a few things spring to mind:

1.  To me, there is a huge difference between theoretical risks and real-world risks.  One of the links you provided seemed to be referencing performing oral sex on a menstruating HIV + woman...with deep open cuts on your face, perhaps?  I mean, whatever the actual statistical evidence might be on such a scenario, is that really a situation you see yourself likely to be in...ever?

2.  Those links sure seemed to be exceptionally brief and somewhat vague to me also.  I'd be curious to learn where you've seen that site 'referenced for sound information'.  I've personally been unaware of it.  I may be out of line on this, but I didn't find those links to be very helpful or informative at all.  I was rather suprised to see them under a 'Johns Hopkins' banner. 

3.  I couldn't help but note how old some of these Q and A links are you are referencing...7, 8. 9 years or more.  If I were you, I'd steer toward the most recent information available on any given subject.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 02:13:38 am »
Yes, they are quite a few years old.

Just wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts. I think that dr.'s site has some good info, but definitely has some old postings. Not really sure about the sound info either.

I'm sure scientifically, anything can be considered theoretically possible, but not realistic.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:12:26 am »
eve,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection. Have a look through some of the threads on the subject in this forum - you'll find all you need to know.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 04:25:30 am »
Thanks for the input. I'll keep it in the same posting thread.

As for my initial concern about receiving a blowjob from the sex worker at the massage parlour, after about 11 days from that incident, I decided to go see my doctor to get a full std checkup. The results came back two days later and were fine.

I know it was too early for hiv testing, but for other stds like gonohrea and others, was it too early for the tests? Is retesting necessary for other stds?

I want to make sure before I engage in sexual activity with my regular partner...and put that incident behind me and move on.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:29:53 am by evesregnar »

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 08:05:14 pm »
Can you guys revisit this question of mine?

I got a full std checkup done and everything came back fine after 11 days from the blowjob incident at the massage parlour.

Was this too early to test for stds such as gonohrea, chlamydia, etc?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 08:08:27 pm by evesregnar »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 09:50:51 am »
Syphillis has a 3 month testing period same as HIV.  And syphilis is much easier to contract than HIV and can be gotten by oral copulation.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 06:33:49 pm »
Just curious...is a runny nose a symptom of hiv?

Also from my somewhat protected blowjob incident, should i be worried about any hepatits? or does the condom protect against this as well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 06:43:29 pm by evesregnar »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:41 pm »
No, a runny nose is not a symptom of HIV, but it is a cold, flu and allergies.

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 01:18:57 pm »
A couple of days after the 4th week since the massage blowjob incident, i got a sore throat. I've been sick for about a week now, with stuffy head, pain under my armpits, flemage in the morning, and overall just dizzy and fatigued on and off throughout the days.

I'm freaking out! can i get some reassurance that this is not related to hiv?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 01:23:45 pm »
evesregnar, see a doctor if you are concerned. Those aren't ARS symptoms and it's not HIV related. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 01:25:55 pm »
This is what I said to you in my original response to your concern:

As far as HIV is concerned there's no need for testing in relation to this incident nor is there any reason to be concerned about same in relation to your partner.

Nothing you have reported since symptomatically or otherwise gives me cause to think you have any cause for concern. If you are having troubling symptoms that is something to discuss with your doctor. They are not about HIV. Period.

As you yourself have observed you're loaded with guilt about this incident. That's no tribute to your higher character nor a loving penance in relation to your partner. You need to take a good big breath, accept the incident as a part of your history and let it go. That's the best thing for all concerned. You can make yourself as crazy over this as you choose and it still will not have any basis in HIV science. Period. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 01:42:07 pm »
One thing i forgot to mention, i had a couple of nights, last night being the latest, where i woke up pretty wet from night sweating during sleep. I think this really made me panic.

The flu that i think i have has just been lingering and hasn't really peaked like it usually does when i get sick. It's just been coming and going, on and off this past week so it's making me worry.

When someone does get infected, do they actually get the flu? or is it is an imitation of a flu.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 01:44:02 pm by evesregnar »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 02:22:50 pm »
Some people get "flu like" symptoms.  Some people do not.  The come on all at once and leave all at once.  They start between 2 and 4 weeks after exposure, and last from a few days (my case) to a week or so.

You are not experiencing ARS but I would see a Dr. if it continues. 
RIDE!!!

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 03:03:20 am »
Thank you all for the reassurance and advice. I will try my best to move on from this no-risk incident, as ironic as that sounds.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:25:02 pm by evesregnar »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 09:51:15 am »
Your welcome and good luck.
RIDE!!!

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 01:58:05 pm »
It sounds like this person got infected by getting a blowjob somehow:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2511.0

Do you believe him? it's making me worry.

Also, my partner has developed a rash on her neck area, behind her ear, and some on her face. It is raised in a couple/few spots, but mostly flat. This morning, some of the raised bumps have leveled out. She also had diahrea the night before i noticed the rash.

I'm really trying hard to let it go, but seems like all these wierd symptoms are popping up.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:34:49 pm by evesregnar »

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 03:12:05 pm »
But you didnt have that.  You recieved oral sex with a condom on.  You did NOT have a risk.  Go to the Dr. if you have symptoms we don't diagnose them here.  From what I can tell you have NOT consulted a DOCTOR for any of this as of yet.

Dont you think that would be a very good place to get answers?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 03:14:09 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline evesregnar

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 03:24:09 pm »
I did see my doctor, but it was about 11 days after the massage/blowjob incident. All tests came back ok, albeit too early for hiv.

I haven't seen the doctor for the symptoms that i described that started happening just after 4 weeks,...sore throat, dizziness, fatigue, night sweats, pain in lymph nodes...etc. These symptoms all went away after about a week, so i didn't feel the need to see the doctor anymore.

And by what you guys have told me, i DO NOT need further testing for hiv in particular, and did not need to test at all in the first place for that.

I wanted hear what the moderators thoughts were on the guy that did get hiv from getting a blowjob.

(AC, your response tells me that you can get hiv from blowjob without a condom.)
But you didnt have that.  You recieved oral sex with a condom on.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 03:36:47 pm »
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2511.msg28506#msg28506

For clarification on that subject, I present you with the above link, which is in that persons thread.  I personally do NOT believe what they were saying and feel they were trying to push an agenda.  But, that individuals situation is totally irrelevant to yours. 

You did not have a risk because you had a condom on.

There is a THEORETICAL risk of giving a blowjob, not receiving one.  Just like there is a theoretical chance that you can run as fast as the speed of light!
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 07:09:11 pm »
eves,

Test all you like, dredge up all the old threads you like, but you didn't have a risk and you will continue to test negative over this incident.

Ann

PS - no, on second thought, don't bother dredging up old posts. Our answers won't change no matter what you manage to find.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.