Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:06:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 284
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Michell our Queen  (Read 5290 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Michell our Queen
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:32:41 am »
I didn't want this to get lost in the other forum.  This for those who knew and loved Michelle.  A beautiful lady.

In sadness
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Michell our Queen
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 09:59:51 pm »
73 views and not one comment about how beautiful Michelle was....how sad.

Jan

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 10:09:34 pm »
I'm sorry Jan ... I was one who viewed the pic and I guess I just got caught up in thinking about her and didn't post . She is very beautiful and that is forever . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jody

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 10:10:18 pm »
Hi Jan, thanks for taking the time to post a lovely picture of Michelle.  Sadly, she left us way too soon.  I once invited her to dinner here in New York but she couldn't make it and unfortunately we were never able to hook up.  Queen will be missed by us all here in the forums.

Thanks again for your very thoughtful gesture.

Jody :'(
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:16:32 pm »
Thank you and sorry if I sounded bitchy but I'm still reeling from this, and I just couldn't believe no one commented on this beautiful troubled lady, I know people have other things to think about and things to do, I guess I'm not in a great place right now.

Aroha

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:28:01 pm »
Thank you and sorry if I sounded bitchy but I'm still reeling from this, and I just couldn't believe no one commented on this beautiful troubled lady, I know people have other things to think about and things to do, I guess I'm not in a great place right now.

Aroha

I didn't take it as bitchy Jan ... I know you are hurting . We have lost too many people in a few short years and its almost too much to bare .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 10:34:05 pm »
much love to the queen of the board

meant with respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 10:42:56 pm »
much love to the queen of the board

meant with respect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb1ZvUDvLDY

I think Michelle would have liked that Zach.

Aroha
Jan

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 07:55:52 am »

Aroha

Bitchy?  No way -- sad, hurt and emotional, without a doubt.  It is clear that this loss, coupled with so many others has deeply hit you.  Never apologize for being human Jan.  You know you are loved.........

Queen was a beautiful lady - I always loved reading her perspective on things.  I've missed her postings and am so sad to know that I will never hear "her side of a situation again........

Hugs,
Mike

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »
As you might know from FB, I just learned of this about 2 hours ago.  I am still reeling from it as well.  She and I talked frequently on FB, and I am going to miss her terribly.

I can't type any more without crying, and I have to pull it together to go to work.

There aren't words enough for this sort of thing anyway.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 05:43:27 am »
This has left me totally shell shocked.  We had just texted, and she was so happy to be back in her hometown.  I just don't understand.

As Jan and Ann know, we once had a regular on-going, long-running thread in the ladies forum, and Queen and I were among the regular posters.  Then she quit posting, and when I joined facebook we connected again. 

Michelle was unique, and unstoppable.  As those of us who knew her already know, she was mainly deaf and when I talked to her on the phone a few times, I really had to speak up.  But, she did not let that stop her.  She continued to go on, and thrive in her life.

RIP Michelle, you will always be missed, and you will always be this forum's Queen.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 07:32:06 pm »
I don't get here all that much and post even less but I was saddened to hear about Queen. She was irreverent and buoyant. I admired her ability to cut right to the crux of things. I'd like to think that even though she is no longer with us, her many, subtle gifts to us will long continue on.

RIP Queen.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 10:58:05 am »
I am still feeling her absence on a daily basis.  It's still very soon.

I want to thank Jan for posting this thread and the beautiful picture, and for putting it here where it would get the most traffic.

If it is alright with her, I'd like to ask if it can be moved, photo and all, to the memorial forum sometime soon, now that it has had time for most everyone to see it.  I want it to have a permanent place and not just drop away.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 11:34:15 am »
If Jan wants the threads moved I would be happy to do so . Jan was understandably upset by the loss of a friend and I didn't want to go moving her threads about . We can leave them be or do one in the memorial thread .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 11:49:02 am »
If Jan wants the threads moved I would be happy to do so . Jan was understandably upset by the loss of a friend and I didn't want to go moving her threads about . We can leave them be or do one in the memorial thread .

Whatever she wants.  I just like all the respects paid in this one and the photo she had, so I thought it would make the best option.  If she doesn't want it moved for some reason, I will create one for the Memorial Forum.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.