Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:27:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 639
Total: 642

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just a Vent  (Read 2445 times)

Offline RobbyR

Just a Vent
« on: June 28, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »
I am ALL for testing and knowing one's status, knowledge is power not to mention being on top of one's health..That being said why do a lot of guys always post on Facebook that they just tested negative or say "disease free" on some of the sites. Is that just a form of ignorance because they seem to be spreading the mindset that HIV is still some dreadful unmentionable disease. Like I said I think people must get tested and know their status but why the continued discrimination amongst guys regarding HIV? Some seem to think you an still get it by touching someone else or drinking after someone for pete's sake. I've had many guys who ould seem cool and then when I told them my status they got all fake and fed me some bullshit platitudes instead of just being honest with me and telling me they weren't cool with it. People who are HIV negative could learn a lot about HIv from poz people.

I mean the way some people act it's like smallpox or something. Like I said everyone should be testedand know their status but I hate when guys post their HIV results on Facebook like it's somehow shaming people who are HIV poz but we still are healthy and able to live somewhat normal lives.

Today alone I've seen like 5 people post the pics and results of their negative HIV rapid screens, and I'm like, why would you post something that private anyway? To me it kind of reinforces that anyone who happens to be positive is somehow less worthy..I dunno..Like I said knowledge is power I wish there was more information among people and that the stigma was less..

I mean lets be real there's a ton of people walking around who either don't know their status or lie about it so people who are honest about our status should be given some credit..I respect if a guy doesn't want to deal with me after I told him I'm poz, let alone sleep with me, but at least I told him. It's just weird when all these guys post their negative hiv screens on Facebook. I'm glad their negative, because I don't wish HIV on anyone but they shouldn't advertise it like some kind of trophy..after all people who are poz deserve to be heard and live full lives just like them..just a vent on my part lol
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Almost2late

Re: Just a Vent
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 04:43:22 pm »
Doesn't mean they"re telling the truth does it?  :-\

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 04:56:09 pm »
My thoughts exactly..To me it comes off really pretentious and fake when guys post the photos of their "Negative non reactive" hiv screen I mean why post it for the world to see first off that's like really private it's like their overcompensating or something. I see guys posting that stuff and I think why are they putting that out there. It's really weird. It's like their tryin to say, "hey world look at me, I'm still fuckable because I'm negative"...its strange.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline initforlife

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »
LOL what I say to that is  well im still fuckable and im Pos ! plus everything you see on the internet is true right? 

!
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 05:10:55 pm »
Haha very true..It was just an observation. What's really funny to me is the guy who posted pics of his "negative non reactive" HIV screen all over facebook today is supposedly in a committed relationship..so why is he showing everyone else his HIV screen results. Pretty weird if you ask me lol. Maybe he's not as committed as he wants people to think..shocker lol

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Bowie-esq

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 06:02:31 pm »
I agree with Almost2late, and it also doesn't mean that they are practicing safe sex. A piece of paper ain't gonna protect ya!
Infected: +\-01/2010

Tested positive 08/2010
28/07/11 CD4 420 9% v.l. 20500
16/10/11 CD4 320 10% v.l. 185000
10/11/11 begin Truvada/Viramune
29/12/11 CD4 410 13% v.l. 115
14/4/12 v.l. undetectable
05/7/12 CD4 520 19% v.l. UD
21/08/13 CD4 470 20% v.l. UD
19/12/13 CD4 430 23% v.l. UD
8/12/14 CD4 600 21% v.l. UD
4/2/15 CD4 600 v.l. UD. Cholesterol 6.2 ....

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 07:00:52 pm »
I didn't know that Facebook is used for cruising. I didn't know that people advertise anything about sex and stds on Facebook profiles.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:29 am »
I've never experienced this on Facebook.  Could the postings be due to World HIV Test Day on Friday?  If that's the case, I suppose it is good folks were getting tested.  Perhaps posting their results was a way to promote testing and their friends would probably test neg, too, so go get tested?  I would think seeing 5 people in one day post their results would have to do with HIV test day.  Otherwise, that would be odd so many posted them on Facebook. 

As for the hookup sites, I agree.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.