Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 340
Total: 342

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Mr. Andy Valez Please Reply - HIV From Fingering Experience -  (Read 18659 times)

Offline wondering1234

Hello,

My friend told me this site had a lot of valuable information. This past Thursday evening I had one too many beers (not the norm) and ended up fingering this woman I met at the place where I was drinking.  During the process of fingering her I felt a sting a noticed a very small cut about 1mm in length on my middle finger.  I think she nicked me with her fingernail. This finger was inside her vagina.  I came home and four hours later woke up in a sweat and have done the same for the last three nights and have had a runny node and headache.  Are these symptoms of the virus or my worrying?

I am extremely worried and to be honest am married and do not wish to expose my wife to any potential illness. I do not do what happened and all that happened was the fingering.

Am I at risk?

I apologize if I was too tag onto a similar link, but was unsure.

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 08:51:04 am by wondering1234 »

Offline wondering1234

Re: HIV From Fingering Experience
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 02:20:12 pm »
Is there a reason no one is replying?  Is my post stupid or is there uncertainty in this situation?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 02:27:15 pm »
Your symptoms don't have anything to do with HIV. No one has symptoms such as what you are aquiring about that soon. You had a NO risk situation. For your other symptoms please see your doctor. Take time to read the Welcome page at the top of these threads.

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 02:27:52 pm »
Wondering,

There is no risk of hiv infection in what you describe. None whatsoever.

And symptoms, should there be any, would not materialize for 2-4 weeks post exposure.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 02:36:33 pm »
So even though she nicked me with her finger nail at that time and made a 1mm cut an dthe cut was inside her vagina, I should have no conern about HIV?

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 02:42:17 pm »
Yep.
Morgan Landers

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 02:45:42 pm »

I noticed potentially what may have been blood on the tip of my finger.  She said she was not due for her period for two weeks.  If I tore her fingering her and had this cut on my finger, am I at risk?

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 02:47:40 pm »
Wondering,

Hiv is a very fragile virus that does not easily infect.  It requires contact with specific cells under the right environmental conditions for transmission to occur.  

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 02:49:43 pm »
Wondering,

You can spin this any way you want to, you won't become infected through fingering.... even with your little cut.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 02:57:55 pm »
If fingering is truely all that happened, you are not infected with HIV.  No way.  No how.  HIV (thankfully) is not that easily transmitted.  Fingering is not a risk.  Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV.  Several things I would suggest:
1.  Be honest with your wife about what happened.
2.  Get some HIV education STAT.
3.  You seem to be overly paranoid about HIV.  This could possibly be guilt.  It might be helpful to see a therapist if these irrational fears continue.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 08:04:39 pm »
I want to accept what is being said, but I have had a headache and on/off soar throat for the last few days. Is there any chance?  My firend said to get Andy Velez to comment, as he is the expert.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 08:34:48 pm »
Your headache and soar throat has nothing to do with HIV. Your symptoms came on too quick to be relation to HIV. Fingering is not a risk for HIV, nick or not.

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 08:47:11 pm »
Are u sure?

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 09:18:58 pm »
So there is no reason that I should get tested? I am trying to listen and move on.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 09:20:55 pm »
Yes I'm sure. We don't sit here and give out false information. What would we benefit by it?

Offline wondering1234

Re: HIV From Fingering Experience - Andy Please Reply
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 07:32:09 am »
I mean no disrespect to everyone that has replied, but Andy please let me know if I had a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Mr. Andy Valez Please Reply - HIV From Fingering Experience -
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 09:27:58 am »
You were not in anyway at risk for HIV during this recent incident you are concerned about. Nicks to fingers, bruises, even cuts and more are common occurences which have never been a source of transmission and you are not going to make history by becoming the first to be infected in that manner.

So many elements would have to come together for it to be genuinely risky -- well, it just doesn't happen and like I said, you aren't going to be the first.

If you haven't already done so you should read the lesson on this site about transmission. You'll find the link to it in the first thread in this section.

I suspect the real issue that is driving your anxiety is guilt about having allowed your fingers to stray outside of your marriage. Guilt is poisonous in a relationship. You can't undo this bit of your personal history. You're a dog like the rest of us and you went wandering. Take a breath, see that clearly and let it go. That's the best thing you can do for all concerned.

This is not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline wondering1234

Big Mistake - Don't Want To Make Another - Help Please
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 11:05:16 am »
Being stupid I drank too much and had sex (oral (she did the oral  and vaginal) with a stripper in Mexico 1 1/2 days ago. I did wear a condom, which she put on.  I was not able to achieve orgasm and just stoped after about ten minutes. I left the condom on and went to the bathroom after 15 minutes later.  I removed the condom, filledit with water and there were no leaks.

1,) Do I ned to be tested?
2.) I am now concerned that since the condom was in my underwear that once I took the condom off
     the tip of my uretha could have made contact with fluids left on my underwear from the condom?
3.) This happened like 1 am Thursday evening and the next morning/day I feel like I am peeing more
     often than normal, no pain or anything? Could an STD develop that quickly or is it my anxiety?

I am married and have a lot of guilt. I do not want to give my wife anything as she should not have to share my stupidity.  Do I need testing?

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:51:21 pm by wondering1234 »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Big Mistake - Don't Want To Make Another - Help Please
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 12:53:22 pm »
Please return to your original thread.

Offline wondering1234

Re: Big Mistake - Don't Want To Make Another - Help Please
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 12:54:58 pm »
What original thread?

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 01:04:38 pm »
Being stupid I drank too much and had sex (oral (she did the oral  and vaginal) with a stripper in Mexico 1 1/2 days ago. I did wear a condom, which she put on.  I was not able to achieve orgasm and just stoped after about ten minutes. I left the condom on and went to the bathroom after 15 minutes later.  I removed the condom, filledit with water and there were no leaks.

1,) Do I ned to be tested?
2.) I am now concerned that since the condom was in my underwear that once I took the condom off
     the tip of my uretha could have made contact with fluids left on my underwear from the condom?
3.) This happened like 1 am Thursday evening and the next morning/day I feel like I am peeing more
     often than normal, no pain or anything? Could an STD develop that quickly or is it my anxiety?

I am married and have a lot of guilt. I do not want to give my wife anything as she should not have to share my stupidity.  Do I need testing?

Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 01:06:52 pm »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV. You had protected vaginal sex.

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 01:09:48 pm »

What about the fluidCans in my underwear and my uretha touching them? 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 01:13:01 pm »
No.. You cannot contract HIV off environmental surfaces.

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 01:21:32 pm »
how about other std's like gonorrhea?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 01:42:13 pm »
OK. I have merged your threads here. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

HIV is not contracted from environmental surfaces, cans, doorknobs, toothbrushes and anything else you can throw into the mix. This is an HIV-specific website so if you have any concerns about other STDs, you need to discuss them with your doctor.

Right now based on what you have reported you have no cause for concern about HIV. And there is no need for HIV testing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:51:08 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »
Andy,

So am I to understand that if I did test positive for another STD, I do not need HIV testing since I had a condom on? No worry about fluids in my underwear?

Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 08:30:37 pm »
Andy has already answered your question, at no time were you at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2009, 08:57:38 pm »
Fluids in your underwear only make for messy laundry, not a risk for HIV transmission.

You are worrying needlessly about HIV. There's no need for testing for HIV, not even if you test positive for some other STD.

Get on with your life and stop with the drama.
Andy Velez

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 09:41:01 am »
Andy,

If the outside of the condom came in contact with the tip of my penis when removed, could I aquire HIV?

Thank you

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 09:43:20 am »
No.. Now get one with your life.

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 12:18:04 pm »
My only other concern is that I sucked on her breasts and she said she had a 1 year old and was lactating. If I swallowed any, could I become infected?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 12:29:28 pm »
Can you just answer my last question nd I am done?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 12:35:19 pm »
Sucking on the nipple of an HIV+ woman is only a risk for a newborn, not an adult.

If you come back with more about this unwarranted worrying over the non-risk situation, you're going to get a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 06:02:48 pm »
I heard they may reuse condoms in Mexico. Although this is gross and not something I would see happening, if the condom put on me was used previously and had sperm on/in it could I contract HIV?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 06:15:59 pm »
No.

And this e enough of the what ifs. You did not have a risk. If you continue to just come up with more of this anxiety-driven speculation, you'll end up getting a Time Out for 28 days. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline wondering1234

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2009, 10:13:38 pm »
I had a physical and my CBC Lymph % was elevated. Lymph # was in range. Now I don't know what to think. I had a DNA PCR run today, 32 days post exposure.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2009, 07:44:34 am »
Wondering,

Not only is the DNA PCR NOT recommended for diagnostic purposes as it has a high rate of false positive results, but it was also a huge waste of time and money. You did not have a risk and you don't need antibody testing over this protected incident, nevermind PCR testing.

I'm giving you that time out Andy warned you about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.