Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 09:50:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 205
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Relax folks, the Egyptian Army has CURED teh AIDS  (Read 15206 times)

Offline zach

Relax folks, the Egyptian Army has CURED teh AIDS
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:18:00 am »
i couldn't bring myself to put this in research news

http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-army-aids-detector-instead-finds-ridicule-214317040.html

The way this seems to work, first they Degauss you, kinda like the old TV thing, remember way back when. With a device called a C-Fast.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Stage two of the treatment, they feed you a skewer of infected AIDsy meat, I guess like a kabob. Please don't ask me where they get said meat from.

Where do I sign up?!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Relax folks, the Egyptian Army has CURED teh AIDS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:25:38 am »
i couldn't bring myself to put this in research news

LOL . I found the strength to do it for you . Its hard to say where it fits but one thing is for sure, it does not belong in off topic because off topic is a HIV free zone as far as discussion goes . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31:25 am »
i move for a whole new forum.... Totally bogus pseudo crapola 

I'm no expert, but I seriously doubt there is anything to this. I do love kabobs though, with bell peppers, onions, and well, that other stuff.

hows your butt doing jeff, wanna donate a couple plugs to the cause, we need meat sir!

i'm sorry, i know i shouldn't, i can't help myself, i should be stopped, very nervous, going to IDP tomorrow, Tim has been talking me down. This just hit right on time.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 12:37:52 am »

hows your butt doing jeff, wanna donate a couple plugs to the cause, we need meat sir!

Its flat but perfectly fine ... do you know something about my butt that I do not ?

Im much relieved and happy to hear you are going to the doc . Start a thread and update us please .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline YellowFever

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 12:42:03 am »
i move for a whole new forum.... Totally bogus pseudo crapola 

Agreed. There should be a repository for all this ridiculous stuff about HIV. Like stuff Peter Duesberg bangs on about, quotes by ignorant politicians who we can throw rotten eggs at....
08/2010 HIV- 08/2012 HIV+
10/2012 CD4 415
04/2013 CD4 457
10/2013 CD4 520 VL 650
02/2014 CD4 410 VL 390
08/2014 CD4 580
01/2015 CD4 500 VL UD
05/2015 CD4 420 VL 2500
08/2015 CD4 460 VL UD
03/2016 CD4 500 VL UD
08/2016 CD4 410 VL 4467

Offline geobee

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 11:53:02 am »
I couldn't resist. 

At 2:30, AIDS is cured and given back to you on a kebab.

http://youtu.be/O1fdHT5PfcA

And two minutes of this next video is all you need to see this amazing device in action. 

http://youtu.be/DZVB55DGu84

Offline Zoob626

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »
Zach  ???
You may not have to take the subject in a way (mockery).... Look what theguardian say
("It's not a miracle. It works," said Prof Massimo Pinzani, chair of hepatology at University College London's institute for liver and digestive health. Pinzani witnessed a prototype of the device in Egypt earlier this month, and now hopes to trial it at London's Royal Free hospital. He said that if the scientific basis for the
concept could be proved, it was potentially a "revolution in medicine".)

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/feb/25/scientists-divided-device-hepatitis-c

BTW  ;D some Scientists sceptical for THE EGYPTIAN ARMY CURE ..... SCEPTICAL not Mockery  :P

Offline zach

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »
I will put up with any mockery rather than pretend that I am satisfied when I am hungry.

I am hungry, and want my kabob

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »
Zach  ???
You may not have to take the subject in a way (mockery).... Look what theguardian say
("It's not a miracle. It works," said Prof Massimo Pinzani, chair of hepatology at University College London's institute for liver and digestive health. Pinzani witnessed a prototype of the device in Egypt earlier this month, and now hopes to trial it at London's Royal Free hospital. He said that if the scientific basis for the
concept could be proved, it was potentially a "revolution in medicine".)

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/feb/25/scientists-divided-device-hepatitis-c

BTW  ;D some Scientists sceptical for THE EGYPTIAN ARMY CURE ..... SCEPTICAL not Mockery  :P

Hello. Up your attention to reading comprehension.  The London expert is saying maybe the HEP C detection might work.  Nothing about the originally claimed CURE FUNCTION!   
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 12:35:38 pm »
Nobody got my Fyodor Dostoevsky quote, I'm disappointed. I thought I was being clever.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 12:38:59 pm »
Nobody got my Fyodor Dostoevsky quote, I'm disappointed. I thought I was being clever.

I'm from Alabama so English is my second language .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Zoob626

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »
Hello. Up your attention to reading comprehension.  The London expert is saying maybe the HEP C detection might work.  Nothing about the originally claimed CURE FUNCTION!

Hello Mecch here is another link
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/egypt-unveil-device-detects-cures-aids

I mean The 1- Scientists sceptical
2- The Egyptian Army Did not ask for financial support for the treatment of AIDS or Hep C  thy say we have cure 100% för Hiv  and 93 or 95 % for HEP C ...
3- Do not forget that the army will lose his reputation in front of the world
4ـ If you speak Arabic .. here is Witness Man who cured from HIV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2F4nWmlso
and here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ-nj8xBXyo
sorry its in arabic
 If I find a more scientific explanation'll put it in this forum. I mean, explain scientific'll put it here  :P

Offline zach

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 06:29:55 pm »
sorry its in arabic
 If I find a more scientific explanation'll put it in this forum. I mean, explain scientific'll put it here  :P

i for one can't wait

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/egypt-unveil-device-detects-cures-aids

2- The Egyptian Army Did not ask for financial support for the treatment of AIDS or Hep C  thy say we have cure 100% för Hiv  and 93 or 95 % for HEP C ...
and here
sorry its in arabic

Surely you jest with this nonsense.  Anyone, with even a basic understanding of HIV, knows you cannot cure someone with just an external device.  Sadly we remain only muggles, so no magic wands exist.

Joe

Offline mecch

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 07:20:20 pm »

and here
sorry its in arabic

Read the articles, dear. The British scientist only mentioned that the virus detection might work.

There is NO ENGLISH PAPER and NO ENGLISH SCIENTIST giving any credibility to the CURE claims.  Jeesh!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Dr.Strangelove

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 08:51:21 pm »
How about their patent application: FAST (Field Advanced Screening Tool) (via this BBC article)

According to the patent application the device can not just detect and cure viruses such as HIV and HepC but also detect drugs and explosives, other bacteria and viruses, gases, liquids and metals as well as plant diseases. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

And here's how it works:
The theory of this device functions as each molecule in any component has a quantitative imprint to be distinguished from the other molecules existing in other materials known as (MOLECULE SIGNATURE). This imprint was registered and stored inside its device. If the same material is found near the device, the device indicates its place.
The device can define the virus through positive sample got from infected case. Detection experiments were conducted on the positive sample and the device was able to define its place.

Unfortunately, the patent doesn't explain how the viruses are killed. But according to a report by Egyptian TV channel Sada al-Balad:
It then uses electromagnetic waves to kill the virus and turn it into amino acids

Well, that should settle that question...

The sad news:
The device will apparently not be available outside of Egypt, however. Egyptian daily Al-Ahram quoted Major General Abdullah Taher, the head of the army’s engineering authority, as saying the devices would not be exported abroad in order to protect them from “the mafia” of big pharmaceutical companies and nations that control the pharmaceutical industry.

I booked my flight to Egypt already. How about you guys?

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 08:58:44 pm »
Cairo is one of my favorite places. I'll be more than happy to go there to get cured if the Egyptians will lower themselves to allow a citizen of the lands of Big Pharm to come be saved by their anti-colonialist miracle.

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:10 pm »
Given the difficulty getting hotels at a reasonable rate in San Diego, I propose that we move this year's forum gathering to Cairo!
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline Zoob626

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »
Surely you jest with this nonsense.  Anyone, with even a basic understanding of HIV, knows you cannot cure someone with just an external device.  Sadly we remain only muggles, so no magic wands exist.

Joe

Hello Joe  :)

it's a matter of time and we will knows more about The EGYPTAIN Cure ...  and BTW thy have Two machines
To diagnose and treat ...
I heard they will start in June so its just a matter of time .... and Minister of Health  had prior knowledge of clinical trials and patients who are sent by the Egyptian Ministry of Health

Offline Zoob626

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 04:50:18 pm »
How about their patent application: FAST (Field Advanced Screening Tool) (via this BBC article)

According to the patent application the device can not just detect and cure viruses such as HIV and HepC but also detect drugs and explosives, other bacteria and viruses, gases, liquids and metals as well as plant diseases. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

And here's how it works:
Unfortunately, the patent doesn't explain how the viruses are killed. But according to a report by Egyptian TV channel Sada al-Balad:
Well, that should settle that question...

The sad news:
I booked my flight to Egypt already. How about you guys?

Thanx DR  ;D

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 04:54:57 pm »
HI Zoob ... you do no that this is a false claim of a cure don't you ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »
i'm sorry i started this thread now. at the time i needed a laugh, and thought the article would be treated as such. now i see differently. it's gotten bizarre

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 05:09:40 pm »
i'm sorry i started this thread now. at the time i needed a laugh, and thought the article would be treated as such. now i see differently. it's gotten bizarre

Don't be sorry . Its a good thing we discuss this even as a joke so that people do not read these stories and believe it . We had a member a few years back that was hellbent going to Thailand with a small fortune to get cured and I think we gave her a dose of reality on the subject instead of an expensive fake cure . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 05:13:50 pm »

I'm glad you posted it, it makes my perspective on the Immunity Project look reasonable and it gives Ann and I something to agree on!
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 05:25:21 pm »
I'm glad you posted it, it makes my perspective on the Immunity Project look reasonable and it gives Ann and I something to agree on!

We need that immunity ray gun asap .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Zoob626

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 06:06:11 pm »
HI Zoob ... you do no that this is a false claim of a cure don't you ?

helllo Jeff  :)

Do you think so ??
What about the reputation of the Egyptian army and the Ministry of Health in Egypt??
I am a young boy ... and I hope thy can cure HIV Because I lost my family and my friends because of this virus  ;D

Offline Zoob626

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »

Dont be sorry  ;D  Not everyone will agree with you.. but its nice to discuss the ARMY CURE here  :P
BTW I open this forums everyday to learn more and more about Research News & Studies  8)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 07:07:38 pm »
helllo Jeff  :)

Do you think so ??
What about the reputation of the Egyptian army and the Ministry of Health in Egypt??
I am a young boy ... and I hope thy can cure HIV Because I lost my family and my friends because of this virus  ;D

Im sorry about your family and I too know the pain and loss this virus has brought to all us . I'm so very sorry your loss .

I am quite sure that there is no cure for HIV at this point and I am certain that in a short time that the reasons why these men made these false claims will come out ... or at least people will know that the story was not true .

We have many wonderful treatments to assist in keeping us healthy so we can be thankful for that and in the mean time we can all learn from each other how to live a better life despite HIV . You are not the first person to be disappointed and let down by dishonest people making claims that seem real to some people so don't take it too hard .

Welcome to the forum and look forward to hearing more from you .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Dr.Strangelove

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 09:03:08 pm »
One of the Nature blogs has an article about the claimed cure here:
The false science behind Egyptian army’s AIDS and HCV cure

@Zoob626
I'm very sorry you've lost someone due to AIDS.
I was hoping it was rather clear that my previous post and that of others were meant to be ironic. I don't know much about Egypt or the Army but anyone with a basic understanding of science can tell that this claimed cure is obviously not real. I don't know about the reputation of the Army in Egypt. But their claim certainly hasn't helped their reputation in the scientific community.
I understand that with a deadly disease such as AIDS, people a longing for hope and clutch at any straw.
I, too, hope there will be a cure soon. But until then the antiretroviral therapie is the best we got.

Offline georgep77

Come on Sangamo,  Geovax,  Bionor immuno, ...Make us happy !!!
+ 2008

Offline buginme2

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 03:31:59 pm »
Not to be xenophobic but did anyone really have a doubt that the "miracle cure from the Egyptian military" was a big o'l pile?

There seems to be a rash of miracle cures lately.  Lets see there was the norwegian (or was it finland?) cure that was promised "in months."  There was the "doctor" from Kenya or somewhere that even posted on here saying he had "the cure."   There was the "Miracle water" cure...where was that from??? It was like Tanzania or somewhere..not sure.

Rule #1...If the cure for HIV isnt announced at a reputable HIV research organization such as CROI..its probably a crock of shit.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »
Not to be xenophobic but did anyone really have a doubt that the "miracle cure from the Egyptian military" was a big o'l pile?

There seems to be a rash of miracle cures lately.  Lets see there was the norwegian (or was it finland?) cure that was promised "in months."  There was the "doctor" from Kenya or somewhere that even posted on here saying he had "the cure."   There was the "Miracle water" cure...where was that from??? It was like Tanzania or somewhere..not sure.

Rule #1...If the cure for HIV isnt announced at a reputable HIV research organization such as CROI..its probably a crock of shit.

Hey Bug,

Sure we knew this was a false claim, but what else is new?  Since the beginning, there have been claims of cures, anything and I do mean ANYTHING, ranging from certain herbs, syrups or extracts, to bleach baths and exposure to just about any substance known to humans.  As always we will scoff and poke fun, however the sorry fact is that hoaxes like this can be, and often are, very, very dangerous.

In a way, this is no different from denialists claiming that HIV does not cause AIDS, because it misleads people into thinking there are other ways to control HIV, other than what the science tells us and that is through the use of anti-retrovirals.

With any luck, we will continue to learn about these hoaxes, so we can label them for what they are.

The only thing worse than no hope, is false hope, to believe in something that has no hope at all of ever working.

Joe
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:56:45 pm by Joe K »

Offline mecch

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 06:11:35 pm »
I feel bad for all the Egyptian scientists and doctors and public health officials who are probably right pissed off that the military whoevers released this embarrassing mixture of tin-foil ray guns and miracle elixir kababy snake oil.  If the military did this for some sort of election strategy, it doesn't bode well for their ability to lead...  The NYTimes seems to imply its a sort of smoke and mirrors to gain popular support, as the country has a terrible HEP C rate.  Clearly they can't foot the bill for the hugely expensive new HEP C treatment.

Offline zach

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 06:56:59 pm »
so what will they do in a year, didn't they think this through at all?

Offline mecch

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2014, 08:06:16 pm »
Maybe a few people went rogue.  Hardly unheard of.  WMDs and mobile chemical weapons labs in Iraq, remember those?

Desperate times calls for desperate strategies, and lies, I guess.

Offline mecch

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 08:07:51 pm »

Offline zach

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »
really? this again? i can't believe they are sticking with it. why not. double down and go for it  8)

atl>zrh>cai

i can buddypass you for the flight, but you buy your own cure

changing my profile now. clean ub2

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 11:57:47 pm »
mecch;  you may have to postpone your cure-cation -- apparently the device needs more testing....

http://tinyurl.com/pontg8l
[/size]
[/size]But at a press conference on Saturday, a military representative said the devices required further testing, due to the limited sample size in its original trial.[/font]
[/color][/size]No members of the team responsible for the devices were reachable for comment on Saturday, and Abdulatty was conspicuously absent from the event.[/font]
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.