Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:49:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 616
Total: 616

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HAte being back on this site worried again  (Read 6617 times)

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
HAte being back on this site worried again
« on: May 05, 2017, 08:26:57 am »
I would like to know the accuracy of an 8 week result on a rapid finger prick and oral swab test. The test was called HOME OB TEST on the box mailed to the house .
Experiencing  all the symptoms in the book since exposed a little over two months ago.
Right now I have a burning white tongue and small little fungus on my penis gland
itchy skin headaches for weeks and muscle aches in my legs and chest
I am freaked out and didn’t know about pep until after the window of time to take.
How accurate are those tests?
Thanks you for your help !

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: HAte being back on this site worried again
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 09:39:02 am »
Hi, A result at 8 weeks is rare to change, however a negative result still must be confirmed at 13 weeks. The result from the test you have taken would be accurate.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 11:30:50 am »
Thank you for the Encouragement
I just don’t believe the tests when, I start looking up all the possible things this could be wrong with me and it freaks me out.
What could cause every symptom explained in an early Infection
I feel horrible and weak all the time
How often does a 8 week test turn from negative to positive on the 13th week
I took all the other tests also they sent a full std panel kit
all Negative
'Home OB Test' is a reliable company ?

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 11:42:01 am »
What is it you don't believe about your negative test results ?
Take a look though some of the posts in the AM I infected, almost everyone has had no risk and all have symptoms...You sill have not stated your risk concern ?

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 12:28:24 pm »
If you must know It was oral both taking and receiving, then condom for sex with female unknown of her status, which slipped a little then takin off more oral both ways then never had this happen reused the condom and not sure what kind of condom this was we where using it was in a weird package looked pretty generic. I was Drunk and drugs and made a life changing mistake from the way my body has been feeling. 3 days after this My genitals burned and then the aches and pains fatigue  itchy skin started 1 week  thrush then headaches lymphs and penis fungus about 6 weeks in 8 week rapid oral and finger prick negative.  still symptoms are on going. My body temp never had a fever but was low like 95.8 highest 97
I just feel like I want to die.
Tried to play it safe with the condom but looks like it was a fail .

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 12:51:57 pm »
See, you have been worrying over nothing to begin with.
HIV is sexually transmitted though unprotected anal and vaginal intercourse, you were protected by a condom. Cunnilingus and getting a blow job are NOT risks for HIV.
Other STIs are much easier to transmit and you tested negative for those as well.
It is safe for you to move on and enjoy life.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 07:42:11 am »
Hi

Please don't log mod reports, if you continue to do so it will result in a permanent ban. Its simple as explained to you cunnilingus and getting a blow job are NOT risks for HIV.

Other STIs are much easier to transmit and also the testing procedures and guidelines for other STI's will differ from HIV.  - so stop asking! Nobody gives a whistle about herpes, herpes is a contact virus, HIV is not - Herpes infects different cells, through different roues that HIV can not and survives differently.   

""Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs""

Move on with your life.

Jim

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 07:53:08 am »
Ok so I donated to update you all on my issues, thanks for listening. 
SO I took two more tests that where negative, but I think I didn’t swabbed the gums I swabbed the inside of my mouth, freaked out and didn’t read directions till after.
tested finger prick 67 days
oral test 78 days
oral test 87 days
Negative

Questions are If I swabbed my mouth not gums is that a false negative ? will just saliva work to test?
Will Herpes virus and CMV virus Delay seroconversion?
And I still feel lousy with tons of symptoms and thrush that won’t go away.
Doctor gave me antibiotics and still there.

I am testing again lab box today at the actual 91 day mark.
Thanks again I know your going to say I am crazy and whatever but I know there is something off with me.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:13:02 am by HelpHelpme »

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 08:11:38 am »
Nothing you mentioned would interfere with your test results.
Your tests have been negative and you do not have HIV.
These results are not going to change, but I know you will test in a few days anyway.
Read the directions and collect your negative result.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 08:14:18 am »
I expect you to test negative (conclusively) today.  there maybe "something off" with you but whatever it is has nothing to do with HIV.  Discuss your concerns with your doctor.  HIV is not your problem whether you believe it or not.
Andy Velez

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 08:27:39 am »
I hope so thanks for your support, I am terrified and I know, What it feels like to have a viral infection(CMV)(Herpes). I just can’t see tests always being accurate especially if not a lab test. There’s always something named for it there is no such thing as a coincidence or mystery illness these days. I’ll accept whatever is coming to me.
Cheers

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 08:36:28 am »
Please don't post again until your are sharing your negative result.
If what you posted was true you had no risk to begin with and a negative result is exactly what you will receive.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 09:02:44 pm »
Mr. Wade & Gang
Negative Orasure walgreens 91 days
literally set it in the truck swabbed by directions this time!
Had a bud lite in my friends house came out to a negative test in 20 minutes 3 oral tests FDA approval  negative even though they approve a lot of hurtful drugs…ect..
Not out of the woods yet!
Earlier today I took a Lab box send away test also FDA dry Blood. Though I felt like the blood device was going to kill me, it did not hurt one bit!
5 drops of circles and pee test
all std panel you need to worry about.
results come in 8 days max, 
Not going to blow this feed up with any more symptoms cause I have had them all!
Cheers Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Especially to those who have served this great nation USA.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:22:43 pm by HelpHelpme »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2017, 02:40:36 am »
Out of kindness I am giving you a ban for 30 days.

Do not come back about your no risk situation again after the ban.

You simply had no risk and no exposure to start with, move on and if you can't speak to your therapist face to face about helping you past your irrational fears.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 04:49:29 pm »
So I had a similar post a year or so ago
Here it is again
I went to the place I shouldn’t have and played with my life again . drunk on drugs again I made a huge mistake.
two encounters female condoms for both oral and vaginal both protected. I have herpes and had no noticeable sores around the area of where the condom does not cover. but i read it doesn’t matter and you can be infected easier with herpes tiny wholes in the skin,

My issues are If the first girl is for sure HIV positive I stopped in the middle of the event I saw her legs had lesions on them and her skin on her ass felt like it was dry and falling off the bone

If I had the condom on she gave me I think she tampered with it so I would catch the virus.

I don’t know how to explain 3 days after the exposure
My whole body from head to toe became itchy hot and tingly
my skin got dry around my face and lips and my tongue has a lesion on the side and white.
My legs burning like muscle in the inner thighs my penis and around the groin are flames
im dizzy fatigue eyesite is off neck is aching like lymphs are pushing into my brain making me dizzy and off balance  and no appetite
I am tired and can’t keep my eyes open and when they are my vision is off
first two nights after symptoms I could not sleep restless waking up all hours

If this is all ars Symptoms wouldn’t they start later then just a few days after exposure and would come all at once or in waves as i am experiencing.

Any way what are you thoughts of my situation
I panicked and got a rapid saliva test to see what my status right now is negative
of course I know i need to wait 3-6 months to retest but I have anxiety and probably jump off a cliff before then. thank you for listening 

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 05:00:59 pm »
Dude,

Stop hammering on with your herpes creating a HIV risk, it simply does not exists or not the way or level your fear is twisting it. Majority of adults have one or both herpes types with or without symptoms.

If someone has a preexisting STI to causing lets say as example inflammation, warts or open sores etc within their anal or vaginal track or top of their penis than it might when this someone takes an already known established HIV risk, lets say unprotected intercourse increase the likelihood of HIV being transmitted during that know risk event, inside the confides of the human body.

Now to the point being STI's do not create a HIV risk where none existed in the first place and like every adult should be doing use condoms for intercourse, and as long as it did not break during the intercourse there is no reason whatsoever to test for HIV outside of standard routine.

Should a condom break or unprotected intercourse occur there is no reason to be testing at 6 months unless you travel back to 1987 . 6 weeks for an initial result and 3 months if you wish yo confirm it, simply as.

Now if you keep having fears about sex than I would suggest talking to someone face to face as in a therapist, as its not healthy to carry around this continued feeling of fear.

BTW If you post about your herpes again its going to be a ban, as you tested our patience last time.

Jim

Hi

Please don't log mod reports, if you continue to do so it will result in a permanent ban. Its simple as explained to you cunnilingus and getting a blow job are NOT risks for HIV.

Other STIs are much easier to transmit and also the testing procedures and guidelines for other STI's will differ from HIV.  - so stop asking! Nobody gives a whistle about herpes, herpes is a contact virus, HIV is not - Herpes infects different cells, through different roues that HIV can not and survives differently.   

""Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs""

Move on with your life.

Jim
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:03:20 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 05:25:44 pm »
I knew you where going to come out firing on me Jim I get it I know It sounds stupid for me to even ask since yes there was a condom but If infact she was Hiv +
What are the chances the condom was faulty tampered or was not even latex I wouldn’t know since I was wasted and she provided the condom.

I have a long wait ahead of me I wont  bother you guys until 5 weeks more from today
as of now the test says still negative a week after this event.
I will try to not stress these weird symptoms and just go on with my life as you said.
headache and all
Chow for now

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 05:43:00 pm »
One last question before I go in waiting mode
If someone is seroconversion is taking place would the symptoms come all at once
and I read it usually is like 2-4 weeks past the exposure
have you heard of anyone having symptoms as fast as I did 3 days after the exposure?
Is it possible ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 07:49:56 pm »
No it's not possible
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 10:15:14 am »
Feeling sick still over this I can not sleep correctly I wake up with my hands and feet
Burning and tingling every hour. I now have a sore not a herpes lesion it’s different in the pubic region that won’t go away now for 4 days
My whole body while sleeping burns tingles and aches.
I am fatigue and scared to death now this crazy only been 10-11 days since this exposure I thought I was protected and here I am!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 10:57:05 am »
I am sorry you are feeling unwell and, I hope you feel better soon.

However letting you continue to post (nonsense) here is not helping or enabling you to move forward, so out of kindness and as warned before I am giving you a new ban (the 2nd) to encourage you to seek professional help.

See a GP and treat whatever is giving you lumps, its not HIV regardless of your HIV status but whatever the cause is it should be treated and, I recommend you seek face to face support in regards to learning how to cope with your fears & thoughts in life. 

Now I don't know what else you have been doing in life ... but you had no HIV risk from the encounter posted here - End of story.

Jim

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 11:08:33 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline HelpHelpme

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 02:09:23 pm »
10 weeks saliva test negative 
Still scared and confused
3 month mark coming up first week of next month  :-[

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 02:54:30 pm »
You did not acquire HIV from this incident posted about here. If what you posted was your only encounter than there is no HIV exposure to test over.

Now I am really sorry to hear your fears continue and, that you can't move forward.  That said, I am unable to assist you in this limited setting further, there simply is no HIV issue and, your fears & thoughts is something I recommend you consider speaking face to face with a qualified therapist.

Permanent ban, as warned.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:57:26 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.