Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 665
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 673
Total: 673

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: San Francisco Trip  (Read 2573 times)

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
San Francisco Trip
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:38:03 pm »
Hey there everyone!
   I wanted to let the folks in San Francisco know that I will be in their 'hood for a few days starting this coming Sunday afternoon, the 8th. I will be there until late morning on Wednesday, the 11th. If anyone would like to meet while I'm there for luch or dinner, or just hang out for awhile, that would be great. I will be busy in the mornings at UCSF Medical Center, but afternoons and evenings should be free time. I would really like to meet some people from the forums in person if possible. Just let me know how to contact you through a PM or whatever. I know it's late notice but things have been a bit crazy lately here, and I lost track of time. Hope to meet a friend in a place where I know absolutley nobody. Thanks...

CaptCarl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline chm02

• id est
Re: San Francisco Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »
Wanna climb to the top of Buena Vista hill with me? One of the best photo ops in the city. I'll send you my contact info.

-Mark

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:32:54 pm »
Mark,
   Thanks for the response. Sounds good to me, my hiking boots are packed and ready to go. The first time I was in the area in '95, I hiked the trail to the top of Mt. Tamalpais. What a great view! I am looking forward to seeing things from the top of Buena Vista. I will call you on Sunday after I get checked in to my hotel room.

CaptCarl

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 03:05:51 pm »
Mark,
   ... my hiking boots are packed and ready to go.
CaptCarl

The top of Buena Vista Hill?  For your hiking boots.  What you'll need are your knee pads.

robert

Offline chm02

• id est
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 03:35:31 pm »
Back off, Robert!
 This one's mine!

:D

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:53:42 am »
Hi Carl

Just wanted to wish you a safe flight, don't forget to let us know how you got on when you get home again.

Big Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline chm02

• id est
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:52 pm »
It was great meeting you, Carl. I enjoyed our conversation and our little hike up to Tank Hill.
Wishing you the very best,

Mark

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 10:13:00 pm »
   Well, I'm back! I just got back a few hours ago from San Francisco, and if I never have to fly again, I'd be a happy boy. Unfortunately though, flying is in the foreseeable future :P I really enjoyed the trip. And especially enjoyed meeting and spending some time with Mark. I see that he has already posted a picture from the top of Tank Hill. I will post a few too as well. SF is a beautiful city, and if I HAD to live in a city, that would be the one. If I could afford it, which I cannot. I did a few touristy things while there, but mostly just looked around, and enjoyed the feeling of being somewhere that I felt not only accepted, but welcome as a gay man. Seeing rainbow flags everywhere was a great feeling...But still, there's noplace like home and I was glad to return to it, to Norm, and to the dogs. I missed them all very much. I actually went to the dog park at Noe and Duboce street just to watch dogs play when I was missing them. When I was missing Norm, I went down to the Castro and bear watched for awhile.

I would like to thank Mark very much for spending a morning with me and showing me around a bit. I had a greta time getting to know him, and look forward to meeting up with him again on my return trip sometime in the fall.

There are a few things to report on the medical aspect too, but I will put them in the Living With forum as I think that it would be more appropriate. Have a great day everyone!!

CaptCarl

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.