Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:15:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37681
  • Latest: huangDi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773464
  • Total Topics: 66367
  • Online Today: 380
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 249
Total: 249

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Weird dreams  (Read 7208 times)

Offline ShadesOfGrey80

Weird dreams
« on: April 09, 2015, 02:42:33 pm »
So I have been having random dreams about death lately. My friend who was staying with me for the past 2 weeks said I was yelling in my sleep. I'm not sure if this is caused by my meds or more serious emotional issues. It has been difficult to figure it out.

Of my 2 dreams, the first involved me killing someone (who I haven't seen in over 20 years and don't speak to), while the other, which I had last night, involved myself dying. The first dream caused me a lot of distress, to a point that I felt confused even after I woke up. In the second dream where I died, I was sad but unusually calm about facing death but was sad that I haven't done everything I wanted to do - I wanted to be around people I love.

I'm unsure if this is a result of the drugs I have been taking as I hear my doc has told me that Kivexa can sometimes cause depression in certain people.

Has anyone else have similar experience?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Weird dreams
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:41:28 pm »
What else are you on besides Kivexa? That's only two NRTIs so you must have a third drug in your regimen that could be causing this issue.

But it also could be caused by stress and end up going away. I had a bad period of a couple months where I thought it was my meds but ended up not being that.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:57:32 pm »
I have been taking Kivexa, and only Kivexa for a while now and I have never suffered from bad dreams or depression, but I know it can affect everyone differently.

If you are on a third drug then could be the answer, or as Miss P said, it could be caused by stress.

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline ShadesOfGrey80

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 09:54:31 pm »
Hey all,

Besides Kivexa (Stocrin), I'm also taking Efavirenz.

Not sure why... Could be because I haven't been exercising as regularly as I usually do?

Offline zach

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:20:16 pm »
it's the efavirenz causing the dreams, powerful vivid dreams are a common side effect

google "efavirenz dreams" you'll get pages of hits

Offline elf

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 06:09:36 pm »
I'm taking the same combo as you,
weird dreams went away after I added melatonin (10 mg time release).

The good: You don't have to use ayahuasca or mushrooms if you want to meet aliens and higher entities
The bad: if you take Sustiva with food it will give you a feeling of being drunk (this can be a good thing too, you can get drunk without spending money on alcohol)

Sustiva is considered hallucinogen stuff by some (and your urine can test positive for marijuana).

I hope it won't give me a brain cancer eventually,
just like hallucinogens did to Terence McKenna.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:19:54 pm by elf »

Offline johnboy2015

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 05:45:24 pm »
meds, depending on which ones can cause crazy dreams.  If you're seeing a psychiastrist for treatment and or anxiety meds, this is A MAJOR contributor to strange dreams.  I was put on Trazadone and started having dreams, whereas I DIDN't dream before. 
It's just my observation but you state that you're dreams are death or end of life.  In your therapy you might want to pursue this mind set as it could be a nagging un-solved personal issue.  We can't control our dreams, put persistent subject matters is a good clue to what's deep in our psyche that's trying to surface.  Many times we're afraid of  or dread what floats to the top!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.