Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:12:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 648
Total: 648

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Getting Electrolysis Possible?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline ahdrey

Getting Electrolysis Possible?
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:37:18 pm »
Hi, I have searched up and down the internet/this forums/Google for an answer to this, and have come up short.So here I am, asking the community.

I am a 25 y/o trans women, living with HIV for 3 years now. Been Undetectable for 2 years.

I am looking to start electrolysis for permanent hair removal. And want to know if this is possible due to me being positive...

If it is possible what are the complications?

I have already been to two LASER places that said they would NOT work on me because of my status, so my hope is already getting down there. So I scheduled consultation for electrolysis.

I want to know if I should disclose/what to say before I go for my consultation next week.

Please any advice/links to articles would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Getting Electrolysis Possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:06:23 pm »
why don't you ask a dermatologist, MD, or your HIV doc, if there is any reason you should avoid electrolysis. 

If a hair removal salon refuses to work on you, it is probably out of prejudice, not science. 

It seems to me you should be able to tell a good spa/salon this info and they shouldn't care.  If they care, and refuse, why would you want to give them your money?

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »
no risk at all. all equipment should be sterilized. screw them, either their ignorance or prejudice take your pick

my tattoo artist barely even blinked

"The needles used in tattooing, ear piercing, electrolysis and acupuncture carry no risk of HIV if they have been sterilised, or if new ones are used each time. Ask about sterilisation before you have the treatment."

googled "electrolysis hiv risk"

http://www.thebody.com/content/art50252.html#tattoo

Offline ahdrey

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:58:44 pm »
Thank you, perhaps I'm just being paranoid. That's what my mother was saying, that they are just being ignorant. Just that after those two times, I was starting to think that it just wasn't a possibility anymore, and made me go a lil crazy lol.

Going to try and be positive and hope this place is different. If not, I guess I will keep looking elsewhere.

Like above poster said would I really want to give them my money if they DO refuse me.

Again, thanks guys, I feel better and I hope this goes well.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.