Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 02:15:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773100
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 305
Total: 305

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Deliberately infected  (Read 83813 times)

Offline komnaes

Re: Deliberately infected
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2008, 04:12:19 am »
MtD
(Who, having been to a Catholic boarding school, knows these things) :)

I WAS sent to ("locked up in" may be a better way to describe it) a Catholic boarding school and I have no clue of what Matty meant by "these things".. I missed out on the much craved "abuses" from the PE teacher.. and now "these things"? ;D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2008, 04:18:36 am »
I WAS sent to ("locked up in" may be a better way to describe it) a Catholic boarding school and I have no clue of what Matty meant by "these things".. I missed out on the much craved "abuses" from the PE teacher.. and now "these things"?

Clearly you were a snotty little teacher's pet. Not like Matty the Damned and FraidKnot -- two Rebels without Causes out to show the world a thing or two . . .

;)

MtD

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2008, 04:22:48 am »
Has anyone figured out where the 91-year-old grandmother fits into all of this? If so, could someone please tell me so I can change channels.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2008, 04:29:16 am »
Clearly you were a snotty little teacher's pet. Not like Matty the Damned and FraidKnot -- two Rebels without Causes out to show the world a thing or two . . .

More Pest than Pet I reckon.. which is exacly what I still am now.. ;D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2008, 05:30:31 am »
He did both. I also deep throated his 8.5 inch dick which left my throat a little raw. Maybe that was what did it? He also fucked my ass, with and without a condom. He chewed my twat raw and loved to bite me on the neck though I don't think he ever drew blood. There is lots more.

Oh you poor dear..you are obviously the innocent party here and had no idea what he was doing to you, I say hang him now  and get it over with...how could we have possibly believed that someone as innocent as you could have had anything to do with this, what were we thinking..I can see it all now, it's clearly not your fault you became infected...oh how we have misjudge you.

Just out of curiousity what planet you live on.

Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline carousel

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2008, 06:04:17 am »
I sort of understand your response, even though in the long run, I can't see it helping you to come to terns with having HIV.

Wanting to lash out at who you think infected you is one response, though as you can see from above, it makes a lot of people round here angry.  It's your response to the situation you are in.

Your stories do seem, from what I've read, farfetched and there seem to be a lot of inconsistencies, which any court case could easily exploit.

I hope you find a way to move on from this, accept what has happened and concentrate on your wellbeing. 

Personally, I am sick of people who are are happy to have unprotected sex and when the shit hits the fan, accept no culpability for their own actions. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2008, 08:43:02 am »
Like Matty said, Fraid is getting off on all of these "corrections of character."  Matty, although it wasn't Catholic school, I went to Seventh-Day Adventist schools for the first 10 years, and know quite well about being a "rebel without a cause." ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline racingmind

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2008, 09:32:11 am »
this thread is really unproductive. the original poster obviously engaged in some risky behaviour. getting mad about it after the fact is really pointless.  these things happen.  do yourself a favor, seek counselling, get a good ID doc and take care of yourself. it's a long process, but the sooner your forgive yourself the better. trust me.
Tested Negative: 5/06
Tested Positive: 9/06 
9/06: CD4: 442 (28%) VL: +100,000
10/06: CD4: 323 (25%) VL: 243,440
11/06: CD4: 405 (28%) VL: 124,324
12/06: CD4: 450 (29%) VL: 114,600
1/07: CD4: 440 (27%) VL: 75,286
3/07: CD4: 459 (30%) VL: 44,860
5/07: CD4: 353 (24%) VL: 50,852
7/07: CD4: 437 (29%) VL: 39,475
9/07: CD4: 237 (32%) VL: 372,774
10/07: CD4: 324 (27%) VL: 115,454 
Started Atripla: 10/07
11/07: CD4: 524 (?%) VL: Undetectable!
2/08: CD4: 653 (35%) VL: undetectable
5/08: CD4: 822 (40%) VL: undetectable
8/08: CD4: 626 (35%) VL: undetectable
12/08: CD4: 619 (36%) VL: undetectable
3/09: CD4: 802 (38%) VL: undetectable
7/09: CD4: 1027 (43%) VL: not tested
10/09: CD4: 1045 (43%) VL: undetectable

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2008, 09:33:55 am »
Betty, I went to a Seventh-Day Adventist college. Their food sucked and I was in the Dean's Office more than I was in class. I don't think they liked me all that much.  :D If I heard "Rodney" please report to the Dean's Office once, I must have heard it a hundred times. Most of the time was because I would pick up a group from the dorm on Friday and Saturday and took them to the Gay Bars.  :D At least my Prof. in Religion liked me.  ;)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2008, 09:49:57 am »
I hear ya, Roddles.  I was always in the principle's office.  At the academy I went to, they had morning devotions every morning.  I would always go into the girl's bathroom and smoke a couple doobies, then hide out in one of the stalls and laugh after morning devotions was over and the girls would come in and say "what is that smell?" :D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Florida69

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2008, 10:28:16 am »
Fraid, I have deliberately not read anyone’s posts in this thread but yours.  I am so sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis and that you have been put at risk in this way.  You are right in Florida there are very stringent laws that are in place that are there to try in help stop the spread of HIV.  Unfortunately, those laws are not working very well and we are introducing more and more HIV+ people into our prison systems, where there they have medical opportunities not to mention the opportunity to spread this disease.  A few months back I saw a HIV+ young man of 22 on the news that was having unsafe sex with young girls.  He was put in prison, and he was pretty so you know who is probably going to be getting freaky in the jail.  All of those prisoners will be released and guess what back to spreading HIV.  It is an imperfect world I understand.  It is not anyone’s place to judge you, we have all been where you are angry and unnerved and trying to deal with new diagnosis of living with this life altering disease.  I understand that you want to help stop the spread of this disease and stop him from spreading this disease to others.  Please take a breath, give yourself a chance to accept your diagnosis and grieve for the loss of your life before you were infected.  You have done what the health department wants you do, and name names; it is their job to keep records on who is infected and how they were infected.  Whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant, what is now important is that you move forward and deal with your life.  Life is not over, it has only just begun.  I was infected by someone who did not know his status, he took the condom off during sex, and once I realized that the condom was not in place, I stopped the act and ended the relationship.  I did test within two weeks of this encounter and my results were negative, never experienced ARS, and met a new person whom I am still involved with.  I found out my status a few years later, by applying for life insurance.  I know who infected me, because I was not sexually promiscuous during this time and I only had one partner, and he is still negative.  I am in the legal field and pretty good at PI work that is how I found this guy again.  I did the right thing and made sure that I listed his name with the health department, which as a Floridian is your duty according to the law that is also how I found out his status.  I wanted you to know how I was infected, as I have always played safe unless I am was in a committed relationship and we both tested together after a considerable amount of time.  I have known my status for two years.  My advice to you is to start by forgiving yourself, and maybe forgiving him.  I know that is very difficult, but it is important in order to start your new life.  You don’t want this to be hanging over your head for the rest of your life.  You are not broken; just now you have to be a lot more cautious.  This will always be a part of you, but now you are a part of something bigger.  It does take two, and as humans we tend to trust, which may be a flaw.  Anyway, I hope you find support in these words and good luck to you.. D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2008, 12:02:29 pm »
Fraid, I have deliberately not read anyone’s posts in this thread but yours. 

Heh.  There's where ya blew it, Florida.

She isn't gonna get any good diddles off your post at all. 

I used to work for a gripe line...ya know, one of those places for customer complaints ("my pizza was too greasy, my fries were cold, that girl at the drive up window was a real cunt"....that sort of thing).  We occasionally had people call up to talk dirty to us under the guise of a "complaint" (example:  "I went into the Arby's bathroom to change clothes for some reason.  A male employee came in to clean it, and...he saw me....naked.   I mean....my shaved pussy  was just exposed  for him to see!") 

You get the idea.  They did this because they were too cheap to cough up for a 900 phone sex line and we were an 800 source for free thrills. 

And so it is with this tawdry little girl.  Not only does she engage in nasty behavior, she doesn't know the proper places for it.  Not to mention that she's cheap, too.  It's appalling, and she deserves every bit of ridicule we can heap on her.

Meh.  That's it for me.  Too much effort involved.  Not my sscene.  Too many whistles and bells required - even for simple masturbation, apparently. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2008, 03:06:44 pm »

Heh. Donny, you always surprise me. Just when I think you can't get anymore sanctimonious, you go and prove me wrong. It's a real talent you have there sweetpea.

Maybe you can take FK across to be a blogger in the Othe Place? ;)

MtD

Offline Florida69

« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:50 pm »

Heh. Donny, you always surprise me. Just when I think you can't get anymore sanctimonious, you go and prove me wrong. It's a real talent you have there sweetpea.

Maybe you can take FK across to be a blogger in the Othe Place? ;)

MtD

HMMMMMMMMMMM..  Something to consider and no I am not trying to convince anyone to leave this site, as it is obvious in need of some new people with personalties.  I think you are flamebaiting me, but you know, my flame is so bright I have no need to find a dimmer switch.  It appears as some can get away with it and others can't.  I hope you remember this sentiment when you come to that other place snook em.  Honestly, I pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, I have no need to look for a life, mine engulfs me and gives me pleasure.  With that sad, I too will put you on that persistent ignore with your mates, sugar plum.  D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2008, 03:58:11 pm »
HMMMMMMMMMMM..  Something to consider and no I am not trying to convince anyone to leave this site, as it is obvious in need of some new people with personalties.  I think you are flamebaiting me, but you know, my flame is so bright I have no need to find a dimmer switch.  It appears as some can get away with it and others can't.  I hope you remember this sentiment when you come to that other place snook em.  Honestly, I pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, I have no need to look for a life, mine engulfs me and gives me pleasure.  With that sad, I too will put you on that persistent ignore with your mates, sugar plum.  D

Just one question. I thought you deliberately didn't read anyone's post in this thread but Fraid's?

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2008, 06:02:45 pm »
I have filed criminal charges against him and am considering filing civil charges. Is there anyone else who has been in this situation? If so, is there any advice you would extend to me?

This specific portion of Fraidknot's post is what I responded to via PM to her. I also related trying to get input early on after joining the site.

In subsequent threads, I noticed this topic, yes invariably, draws response which I described as cannon fire. When a person asks a question ...is there any advice you would extend to me? with regard to experience pursuing a transmission case and the responses are anything but related to that, and are opinionated as to how to get over being infected, to get counseling,to go on and live your life, to realize the damage such action causes all positive people, etc. it reads like cannon fire to me. I suppose I would have been safe to have written    it nets a lot of response.

I did stuff, or stop, seeking any info here on that topic, but in the months since have continued to find the site a source for important medical info, witty and bawdy humor, friendship and activism.

Beyond taking Fraidknot's query at face value, I don't know, nor do I care what her intentions are. I knew my response was best shared in a PM rather than a post. I made a choice to read her request as legitimate and to reply.

This topic is touchy and I understand why. My favorite ID doc was a defense lawyer before going to med school and we discussed HIV transmission law at length. There are pros and cons to such legislation and every case is different.

I don't believe my comments regarding the usual receptivity for this hotly debated issue paint the site nor its members negatively. I've observed it's a touchy topic, threads can derail, people can be hacked at and at times I've wished it weren't this way. But, again, I get my discourse needs on this topic met elsewhere.

Em

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:06:55 pm by emeraldize »

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2008, 07:01:00 pm »
Thank you Em. There were several others that responded with encouragement via PM as well. I do understand how identifying in any way with my situation in the forum will bring potential backlash. Others have already seen that. I appreciate the support from those who have given it.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2008, 08:00:01 pm »
I have filed criminal charges against him and am considering filing civil charges. Is there anyone else who has been in this situation? If so, is there any advice you would extend to me?

This specific portion of Fraidknot's post is what I responded to via PM to her. I also related trying to get input early on after joining the site.

In subsequent threads, I noticed this topic, yes invariably, draws response which I described as cannon fire. When a person asks a question ...is there any advice you would extend to me? with regard to experience pursuing a transmission case and the responses are anything but related to that, and are opinionated as to how to get over being infected, to get counseling,to go on and live your life, to realize the damage such action causes all positive people, etc. it reads like cannon fire to me. I suppose I would have been safe to have written    it nets a lot of response.

I did stuff, or stop, seeking any info here on that topic, but in the months since have continued to find the site a source for important medical info, witty and bawdy humor, friendship and activism.

Beyond taking Fraidknot's query at face value, I don't know, nor do I care what her intentions are. I knew my response was best shared in a PM rather than a post. I made a choice to read her request as legitimate and to reply.

This topic is touchy and I understand why. My favorite ID doc was a defense lawyer before going to med school and we discussed HIV transmission law at length. There are pros and cons to such legislation and every case is different.

I don't believe my comments regarding the usual receptivity for this hotly debated issue paint the site nor its members negatively. I've observed it's a touchy topic, threads can derail, people can be hacked at and at times I've wished it weren't this way. But, again, I get my discourse needs on this topic met elsewhere.

Em

Yeah...I tried to look up that old post you had made seeking input to get a bit more context and perspective.  As has happened with several of your posts, it had been deleted and left with only a "*".  I'm taking the liberty of quoting this one in full as a preventative measure.  I made the bold emphasis because I wanted to address that specific part.

The main thing I want to say is that "how to get over being infected, to get counseling,to go on and live your life, to realize the damage such action causes all positive people, etc"  is NOT "anything but related"....it is DIRECTLY related.  I'm at a loss as to how that isn't immediately evident, especially to someone like you, Em.  You...of the "Starving HIV Stigma" movement.  You...who currently ask alongside every post you make, "Have you written or called your rep yet?"

It is most likely the lion's share of the responses because they are the most appropriate for the lion's share of cases.  I think you should only expect otherwise once you've made a clearly defensible case otherwise.  And a case such as this one ain't it, hon.

The only other thing I want to address is this part:  "I suppose I would have been safe to have written    it nets a lot of response."

My question here is:  Do you feel unsafe  that I called your post into question?  If so, you shouldn't.  I think you should know me well enough to know that I have a great deal of respect for you not only for your recent efforts regarding the travel ban, but as a person in general and would not look to form any sort of attack on you if that is how you are perceiving it.  Just so we are clear there. 

The statements about safety and the history of taking a "*" to controversial posts you've made do give me pause, though.  I don't think you should feel "unsafe" about tabling any subject here, and I worry you second guess yourself more than you should - rather than just fielding opposition and responding to it like you've just done.  ;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled nonsense.

-YPT
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2008, 08:53:30 pm »
Hi Tim,

Nope, I don't feel unsafe about about you calling my post into question, posting or as you noted, tabling--I didn't think I was tabling, I was trying to clarify. What I meant by safe was perhaps it would have been better to select words other than cannon fire to convey what I meant in terms of volume, and in some cases, style, of responses.

I still come back to the specificity of FK's initial query and that's what I meant by responses being directly related to her request. She stated the premise and asked if anyone had been in the situation and if so, did anyone have any advice to extend. I read it as only that, asking for advice in that narrow setting of having relevant experience and wanting to pass it along.

Regarding asterisks in my boring portfolio. Back in the days when we could delete posts, I deleted some for a variety of reasons. I know that's looked down upon by some, but I don't regret doing it nor do I think my deletions affected the quality of the threads in which they were nested.

I know, I know. What if everyone did it? That's the social question to pose. Why we'd have swiss cheese threads and no evidence of previous blunders, boneheaded thinking, fetish confessions and unbridled sarcasm. I haven't deleted a post in quite some time except when a moderator asked me to because it was believed a site member could be affected negatively by non-site folks. So, I was enabled by the moderator to delete the post. There's a shelf life now isn't there for how long you have to go back and retract? Anyway, suffice to report, I presently don't delete unless asked. I'm trying, Youth Pastor Tim, to conform to the ways of the Youth Group. Honest, I am.  8)

I think destigmatization efforts, HIV transmission laws and activism can co-exist and not in such a way as to contradict. Are we at the optimal level of that? No, not by a long shot and I only hope I'm not dead before that occurs. I'm sure we'd prefer to see none of them having to exist at all.

Thanks for remarking on my rather stale profile attributes. Perhaps it's time for a change. I could use an Extreme Makeover...no second guessing there! Heck, it's a new year. We're making progress on the HIV Travel Ban, slow but sure. Bobino and Mouse have anything ENDA-related well covered. I can strip out all that tired text, find something by Emerson and pick another fetching head shot.

Em

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:23 pm »
I gotta give it to ya Em, this:

Regarding asterisks in my boring portfolio. Back in the days when we could delete posts, I deleted some for a variety of reasons. I know that's looked down upon by some, but I don't regret doing it nor do I think my deletions affected the quality of the threads in which they were nested.

I know, I know. What if everyone did it? That's the social question to pose. Why we'd have swiss cheese threads and no evidence of previous blunders, boneheaded thinking, fetish confessions and unbridled sarcasm. I haven't deleted a post in quite some time except when a moderator asked me to because it was believed a site member could be affected negatively by non-site folks. So, I was enabled by the moderator to delete the post. There's a shelf life now isn't there for how long you have to go back and retract? Anyway, suffice to report, I presently don't delete unless asked. I'm trying, Youth Pastor Tim, to conform to the ways of the Youth Group. Honest, I am.

I think destigmatization efforts, HIV transmission laws and activism can co-exist and not in such a way as to contradict. Are we at the optimal level of that? No, not by a long shot and I only hope I'm not dead before that occurs. I'm sure we'd prefer to see none of them having to exist at all.

Thanks for remarking on my rather stale profile attributes. Perhaps it's time for a change. I could use an Extreme Makeover...no second guessing there! Heck, it's a new year. We're making progress on the HIV Travel Ban, slow but sure. Bobino and Mouse have anything ENDA-related well covered. I can strip out all that tired text, find something by Emerson and pick another fetching head shot.

Em

is quite possibly the finest piece of passive-aggression I've ever encountered on Teh Intahwebz. I take my hat off to you. :)

MtD

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:27 pm »
MtD

Passive-aggressive? Nope. Just a reply with some pretty mundane stuff in it. I don't delete any more and it's intentional. I'm abiding by the site rules and member preferences. My portfolio is quite boring, in the world of all things written. Previous profile was old and tired. Really old and tired. Tim's post caused me to realize that. I could take out a reference to ENDA because Mouse really has done a good job addressing the issue and Bobino has been weighty counter-balance. I am not capable graphics-wise as you are or I would do something creative. Wish we didn't have all the problems there are related to HIV. Added another clarification re: the FK response. The danger of posting rather than phoning or chatting in person is that simple statements rather plainly written can be misread. I like Tim, have from the start and replied to his post. I don't see what all the flap about responding to FK's post is about, but oh well. As Tim put it, it really did go back to our regularly scheduled nonsense. And, the ratings are really up on this one!

Em

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2008, 02:44:58 am »
There are so many red herrings being tossed around here that you could all feast on fish for a month - and all that serves to do is detract from the fact that we are being asked to swallow the plainly inconsistent and the unashamedly unbelievable .. dressed in a sauce dripping with disingenuity.   

Anyone for sockpuppetry 101?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:30:11 am by vokz »

Offline Florida69

« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2008, 10:57:28 am »
After going back and reading through the entire request that fraid asked in regard to information and other’s responses, I wanted to address my stance on this issue so that you all can see that I clearly was not being self-righteous as those indignantly called me in this forum.  I was attempting to address what she was going through and show empathy, which is obviously lacking in many places in the world.  What I find humorous among most is that instead of understanding the fire came in full force, from folks who should have been more understanding and not let their personal feelings be involved.  Florida law is just that the law, I am attempting to address these issues here in Florida, on a judicial level and perhaps get the law changed.  At this point it is not his word against hers, basically even if they are living together if someone files a complaint against someone in regard to HIV, then the infected person is presumed guilty.  I do not agree with this law; however whether I agree or disagree is a mute point, as it is the law in the law books in the state of Florida. 
Whether you disclose or not disclose, unless you have something in writing or proof that you disclosed and know your status then you are at fault.  The health department keeps records of who in the state of Florida is infected with the virus.  All fraid had to do was say this person infected me, and did not tell me he was positive, then the police go and look up his information in their database and find out he is indeed infected and therefore criminal charges are enforced.   “Abstract: 960.003 HIV testing for persons charged with or alleged by petition for delinquency to have committed certain offenses; disclosure of results to victims. 381.004(3)(e) (http://www.doh.state.fl.us/disease_ctrl/aids/legal/hivindex.html) to those who undergo HIV testing shall also be afforded to the victim or the victim's legal guardian, or to the parent or legal guardian of the victim if the victim is a minor. (b) The results of such HIV testing have been furnished to the victim or the victim's legal guardian, or the parent or legal guardian of the victim if ...” which basically means the victim has the upper hand.  I have not now nor will I ever be someone’s victim, not of this forum with your callous or snide unintelligible remarks, or your fire for being nice to someone who is feeling tortured by their new diagnosis.  I did not file a formal complaint, if you would have read carefully you would have realized that the person who infected me did NOT know their status.  I don’t hold it against him, things happen in life in which we have no control.  I only turned his name into the health department by hopefully helping him know of his status.  There were never charges pressed against this person, in fact I have had no contact with him since our relationship ended.    I am in a relationship, with a negative person, and I trust that he will not get angry one day and use my status against me, as in the laws of the State of Florida he could.  I never said that I was not party to my own infection, as I believe that indeed I was.  However, I never agreed to have unprotected sex with anyone.  I now understand how some get themselves into dire and dreadful predicaments, by letting their mouth run while their brain is in a resting mode. 

Honestly, I have to work and do not have the time nor the patience to get involved in the war of words or the touchy subject that is presented here.  I am not intimidated, but I do not have the need friends, I am lucky that I have an abundance.  Take care, D
Calvin Coolidge

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2008, 11:08:27 am »
Florida69, I'm sorry, but that story was a waste of bandwidth. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2008, 11:09:55 am »
Florida, your attempts to belittle and berate us are going to get you nowhere; my feelings stand, and they're not just feelings, they're logic and ethical.  If one doesn't insist on condoms, unless one is raped, then both parties are responsible.  That's just elementary.  Your tirade of words is nothing more than just that-a tirade.

Offline Florida69

« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2008, 11:32:37 am »
Florida, your attempts to belittle and berate us are going to get you nowhere; my feelings stand, and they're not just feelings, they're logic and ethical.  If one doesn't insist on condoms, unless one is raped, then both parties are responsible.  That's just elementary.  Your tirade of words is nothing more than just that-a tirade.

I am not attempting to belittle or berate anyone and I never addressed anyone, except fraid.  You all have gone out of your way to attack me, because I understand.  I never said that I agreed.  Everyone is entitled to their opninion.  Unfortunately, the law is black and white, there is no gray.  I provided the link, it is there for your education, so that maybe we can graduate.  D
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2008, 11:36:15 am »
I now understand how some get themselves into dire and dreadful predicaments, by letting their mouth run while their brain is in a resting mode. 

Honestly, I have to work and do not have the time nor the patience to get involved in the war of words or the touchy subject that is presented here.  I am not intimidated, but I do not have the need friends, I am lucky that I have an abundance.  Take care, D

You know Donnie, where I come from, we would say, "boy, he's got a lot of nerve." We get it, you don't like the folks at AIDSMEDS and the few times you choose to post prove that. You don't think we are very nice people. I find it remarkable that you chide us for our welcomes when your welcome at "the other site" consists of this.

I hope this is Steve from Aidsmed, you will see Steve that we are a much better group of people (although we all have friends there), none of that crap that goes on at that board.  We are supportive and compassionate, I think we are the lucky ones to have such a great forum with such a great group of people.  I am glad that you joined us here, and I look forward to getting to know you better.  Donnie

I've yet to see anyone here at AIDSMEDS welcome someone by denigrating another HIV site. In fact I'm sure we would get a bit of a tongue lashing if we did.

Give me a break.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2008, 11:59:31 am »
but I do not have the need friends, I am lucky that I have an abundance. 

wut
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Florida69

« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2008, 12:00:49 pm »

You know Donnie, where I come from, we would say, "boy, he's got a lot of nerve." We get it, you don't like the folks at AIDSMEDS and the few times you choose to post prove that. You don't think we are very nice people. I find it remarkable that you chide us for our welcomes when your welcome at "the other site" consists of this.

I've yet to see anyone here at AIDSMEDS welcome someone by denigrating another HIV site. In fact I'm sure we would get a bit of a tongue lashing if we did.

Give me a break.

I was simply stating the law and perhaps educating you all on Florida law.  I never ever said that I did not like the people here, or that I thought that they were not nice.  I was welcoming you on the other site and letting you know that the cannon fire that goes on here, would never be tolerated there.  You are right by showing my words to you show that this site is different.  None of the stuff that goes on here, would ever happen there.  Your welcome to fraid was really great, I see how you all treat new members.  I wasn't denigrating aidsmeds, I was simply stating that the what goes on here, stays here.   I guess you didn't get that.   D
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2008, 12:08:06 pm »
I was simply stating the law and perhaps educating you all on Florida law.  I never ever said that I did not like the people here, or that I thought that they were not nice.  I was welcoming you on the other site and letting you know that the cannon fire that goes on here, would never be tolerated there.  You are right by showing my words to you show that this site is different.  None of the stuff that goes on here, would ever happen there.  Your welcome to fraid was really great, I see how you all treat new members.  I wasn't denigrating aidsmeds, I was simply stating that the what goes on here, stays here.   I guess you didn't get that.   D

you will see Steve that we are a much better group of people

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2008, 12:21:38 pm »
Just my two cents here.  Was on a jury panel recently. The case was not anything to do with  fraidnot's situation.  HOWEVER, not being judgmental, looking at fraidnot's background, irregardless if she is insistant on bringing the alleged individual to justice,  I wonder if it will even make it to court.   Her lawyers, looking at her background, know that his lawyers will certainly bring up all of her background (including as much of her sexual escapades as they can).   
No matter how she trys to protray the fellow who supposedly infected her, which she will have to prove with out a shadow of a doubt (good luck).  The jury will weigh all the evidence, and looking at her past, and compairing it with his past.  I honestly don't think she can win.
Plus unless she doesn't mind her life style publicly displayed in the courtroom as well as in the papers.  Is this worth it.   
"To all within the sound of my voice, I appeal: Learn with me the lessons of history and of grace, so my children will not be afraid to say the word “AIDS” when I am gone. Then, their children and yours may not need to whisper it at all."  Mary Fisher

Offline Florida69

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2008, 01:59:53 pm »
you will see Steve that we are a much better group of people

I just realized that you can’t be Steve because he obviously is not acrimonious, I do have you on ignore for a reason, as you are one of the biggest flame baiters in this forum.  By the way, Steve did say that his welcome at that sight beat the welcome he had received in other places. 

The definition of better is (of the same class or set or kind) in excellence or quality or desirability or suitability.

So, I guess you proved that I was right.  By the way, I don’t have any ill feelings towards anyone in this forum.  The fact is I am not a bitter person.  I do not engage for a reason, and you showed that reason to be on point.  D
Calvin Coolidge

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2008, 02:13:52 pm »
How is it that Donnie can see all these posts if he has the posters on ignore?   ::)

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2008, 03:17:17 pm »
How is it that Donnie can see all these posts if he has the posters on ignore?   ::)

Depends on if it's the Romulan or Klingon version of the cloaking device.  They operate differently.

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2008, 04:04:57 pm »
Lonewolf - this is not a CIVIL suit. It is a CRIMINAL suit. In addition to my history, I have documentation, a physician's visit during my seroconversion and the confession of the man who infected me.

YES, I understand that my background will be looked into and be torn apart. My history against his? Piece of cake. Does he want his name in the paper? I think not. State health care worker said his name has come up in conversations with other newly diagnosed HIV people as well.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2008, 04:09:55 pm »
Huh?  What is she...??  Oh...that.  Girl, are you still going on with all that?  Face it, honey:  You're thread's moved on without you. 

It climaxed before you did.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2008, 04:49:24 pm »
WOW yall are deep..im afraid to voice my opinions...and im not reading each and everything that was posted, i get the gist i think...i know in florida, u must disclose before having sex PERIOD. protected or not...So if this is legit i say sue em..If thats what u want to do. I was infected in florida, but kids dad didnt know..but i did know that kids dad was a cheat and i still slept with him unprotected..so i def know my and accept part in my infection..

I find it funny tho if yall chk out florida dept of corrections they will list if a person is convicted of transmitting HIV..all women..havent seen any men tho..Also its usually women who were convicted prior of prostituion, so what i am assuming is that if they get picked up and test pos..they automatically charge them with criminal transmission of HIV...Anyone else know anything about this...??
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2008, 04:52:36 pm »
Who is Steve?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2008, 05:02:34 pm »
They're referring to SteveA, Philodendron. Covered himself with glory here in the latter part of last year.

MtD

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2008, 06:11:32 pm »
I didn't read all the back posts because frankly there is too much of it. The descriptive deep throating, penis size, anal sex and chewing of the "twat" caught my attention enough to graze the page.

With consentual sex I'm wondering how someone could prove that a HIV positive person willfully and knowingly had unprotected sex with someone without receiving consent first.

Wouldn't it be one persons word against another?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2008, 08:07:45 pm »
I wanted to address my stance on this issue so that you all can see that I clearly was not being self-righteous as those indignantly called me in this forum.

Would that be a wide stance Donnito or just another "mute point"? ;)

The health department keeps records of who in the state of Florida is infected with the virus.  All fraid had to do was say this person infected me, and did not tell me he was positive, then the police go and look up his information in their database and find out he is indeed infected and therefore criminal charges are enforced.

Really? I know it's Florida and everything but they'll "enforce" criminal charges in the absence of any definitive evidence? Wow. Well you're the para-legal so I 'spose you know these things.

Regards,

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2008, 08:54:39 pm »
I wanted to address my stance on this issue so that you all can see that I clearly was not being self-righteous as those indignantly called me in this forum.

Would that be a wide stance Donnito or just another "mute point"? ;)

Reminds me of a certain airport toilet escapade.... ::)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Florida69

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2008, 09:32:04 pm »
Reminds me of a certain airport toilet escapade.... ::)

I guess you would know..  I am not into that type of stuff, but please do keep us updated. 

D
Calvin Coolidge

Offline fraidknot

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2008, 09:43:16 pm »
I didn't read all the back posts because frankly there is too much of it. The descriptive deep throating, penis size, anal sex and chewing of the "twat" caught my attention enough to graze the page.

With consentual sex I'm wondering how someone could prove that a HIV positive person willfully and knowingly had unprotected sex with someone without receiving consent first.

Wouldn't it be one persons word against another?

If you are interested you can read back through the thread. Simply stated, in Florida you must disclose you are positive before having sex whether the other person asks or not. He didn't. I have proof.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2008, 09:46:44 pm »

I guess you would know..  I am not into that type of stuff, but please do keep us updated. 

D

Oh dear, someone hasn't been keeping up on  current affairs.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:51 pm »
If you are interested you can read back through the thread. Simply stated, in Florida you must disclose you are positive before having sex whether the other person asks or not. He didn't. I have proof.

Sweetheart,

I'm afraid the law is an ass.

Do you videotape every sexual encounter? Unless you do, I fail to see how you have "proof". It's your word against his. How do we know that one of your other Dominate Tops didn't infect you before you even laid eyes on this guy?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Florida69

« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2008, 09:49:49 pm »
Oh dear, someone hasn't been keeping up on  current affairs.

I choose to be better and set the example, oh I thought that was your job.  I really had a lot of respect for you, I will remember to flush next time.   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 09:53:47 pm by Florida69 »
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Florida69

« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2008, 09:53:24 pm »
Sweetheart,

I'm afraid the law is an ass.

Do you videotape every sexual encounter? Unless you do, I fail to see how you have "proof". It's your word against his. How do we know that one of your other Dominate Tops didn't infect you before you even laid eyes on this guy?

Ann

Again, I never said that I agreed with the law.  It is the law, I will agree that the law is not always functional.  Basically, not disclosing your status is the criminal act.  Whether you use protection or not.  It is what it is, people are convicted on this issue on a regular basis.   I have nothing to gain by lying to you, I was basically sharing my story, and look lets come out of the from under the rock and attack.  I am so glad that things are better for you there, please feel free to read what I posted, before you go get all knowing.  Which I now see you are not.  D
Calvin Coolidge

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2008, 09:59:27 pm »
I will remember to flush next time.   

Me too buddy, me too. ;)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2008, 10:01:30 pm »
Again, I never said that I agreed with the law.  It is the law, I will agree that the law is not always functional.  Basically, not disclosing your status is the criminal act.  Whether you use protection or not.  It is what it is, people are convicted on this issue on a regular basis.   I have nothing to gain by lying to you, I was basically sharing my story, and look lets come out of the from under the rock and attack.  I am so glad that things are better for you there, please feel free to read what I posted, before you go get all knowing.  Which I now see you are not.  D

Uh, duh, I was responding to Fraid, as should have been obvious. It's not all about you, you know. ::)

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.