Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:37:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: rubbing risk?  (Read 21150 times)

Offline screwed

rubbing risk?
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:41:54 pm »
Is there any risk for rubbing penis to virginal? I rubbed my penis to SW's virginal. Side, underside, top of my penis was touching her virginal and fluid. I also exchanged unprotected oral sex. I have some dental issues, having  few cavities (front teeth has tiny holes). With my dental issue, am I at risk? No intercouse.

After 2 weeks, persistent cough, fatigue, back pain, muscle aches around knee and calf for a week.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 12:45:43 pm by screwed »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: rubbing risk?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:58:31 pm »
Screwed,

You're actually NOT screwed. Rubbing genitals together, without penetration, is called frottage and frottage is not a risk for hiv infection.

Neither going down on a woman nor getting a blowjob are risks for hiv infection.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER ANYTHING YOU BROUGHT TO US anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline screwed

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 01:09:22 pm »
I'm still not screwed even if the underside of the foreskin was touching her virginal and fluid?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 01:22:36 pm »
That's right. Your penis touching her vagina or the vaginal fluids in the manner you have reported is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. You are worrying needlessly. Just make sure your penis is covered with a condom during vaginal or anal INTERCOURSE and you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. It's really that simple. Don't make it more complicated than it actually is.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:23:58 pm »
Screwed,

You're still not screwed. I know exactly what takes place during frottage. My ex-partner and I used to do it all the time and he was also uncircumcised. We were together for over eight years and he remained hiv negative. The only precaution we took was to use condoms for any anal or vaginal penetration. You did not penetrate her and therefore you were NOT at risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline screwed

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 02:07:55 pm »
Thanks Ann and Andy  :) I've tested before, negative. I've never had unprotected sex after the testing so I should be nagative.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 02:33:17 pm »
You "should be" negative? Uh. I hear the doubt in that comment.

And yes, doubts you're holding on to notwithstanding, you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:27:59 pm »
Thanks Andy. I know I shouldn't think negatively but keep thinking the symptoms that I had after two weeks and now I recall I had some small bumps on my ankle and a small canker sore after two days of the event. Makes me to think not just a coincidence.... I am also having another flu-like symptoms (sore throat, headache, fatigue). I think this is just a cold since my gf caught a few days ago.

I start having this "what if" thought...what if my penis was slightly in without noticing...what if my immune system was down on the day and had some cuts in my mouth. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:33:48 pm by screwed »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:32:21 pm »
None of those symptoms are in anyway HIV specific. That's no surprise since nothing you are reporting put you at risk for HIV transmission.

Stop with the drama and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:54:55 am »
Thanks Andy. This will be the last time. So even if my top of penis was slightly in without noticing I'm still be fine? I'm just thinking of possibility. I know for sure that I didn't penetrate inside. I never do that without condom because I am uncircumcised like Ann's ex and too scared. I wanna put this behind and move on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:58:48 am by screwed »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 10:11:21 am »
screwed,

If you didn't penetrate, you didn't penetrate. It's time you moved on.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 10:13:06 am »
"Slightly in without noticing"???!!! Baloney. You're either in or not and if you were in you would have known it. Stop with the what ifs and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 10:28:02 am »
You're right. Worries make me thinking stupid things. Fact that I know for sure I've never thought penetrating anyone without condom. I've never lost the control. I must stop this negative thinkings and move on. Thank you guys.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:35:29 am »
That's right. Move on.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 10:41:18 am »
I will. You guys are great mentors!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:43:36 am by screwed »

Offline screwed

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 12:05:31 pm »
Race or nationality will make any difference in the risk? Or just simply think the behaviors (which only verginal and anal penetrations are the only risk for HIV transmission)? I see some rash on my face so I am wondering about racial diffrences. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »
screwed,

It's called Human Immunodeficiency Virus for a reason. It's not called, for example, Caucasian Immunodeficiency Virus. Race makes no difference. It's all about behaviours.

If you're worried about your rash, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv as you did NOT have a risk, no matter what your race or the other person's race was.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline screwed

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 12:15:17 pm »
Thanks Ann. I'll stop coming back now. I just wanted make sure.

Offline screwed

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 12:41:04 pm »
Hi. I was just reading dwucc99's posting about newly infected and highly contagius. I also read the Andy's answer. So frottage can be said same thing that even if the woman on whom I performed frottage was newly infected is still no risk. The vaginal fluids which would contain HIV are in the cervical area. So what is the fluid that coming out around vergina? Is this the reason why the unprotected intercourse is the only risk and all other sexual activities are no risk?

I think this is a new question. I want to educate myself.

Thank you 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 12:55:49 pm »
Unprotected intercourse provides the perfect receptive setting for the transmission of HIV. Even if the vaginal lips are secreting and the wetness is felt against the penis OUTSIDE of the vagina, it's not a risk.

I'm going to make a judgement call here. I think you need a vacation from the site. And stop surfing the net for fuel to feed your fears.

I'm giving you a 28 day time out. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name. We'll spot that right off and it would get you permanently banned.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 06:59:46 pm »
Hi Andy, Ann

I'm just assuring of the non risk frottage situation with female (vagina fluid) stay as non risk even I am uncircumcised and suffering genital Candida/thrush time to time under stress situations since I was 20. I'm 38 years old now. Just making thing clear that this Candida is not caused by HIV. I am negative but it can be caused by stress and can be seen more to uncircumcised. Like me who don't have much scientific knowledge about HIV transmision should think simpler way that the unprotected intercouse/penetration is the only way to transmit HIV.

Thank you for answering my final question. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:30:02 am by screwed »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 07:52:21 am »
That's right. Frottage is absolutely not a risk for HIV. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 03:17:07 pm »
Thanks Andy for confirming.

I finally got it. It’s all about unprotected anal and vaginal intercourse/penetration. This is the only way to sexually transmitting HIV. Simply wear condom when you are about to have anal and vaginal intercourse/penetration. All other sexual activities (oral sex, frottage, etc.) are non-risk activities even adding any situations (uncircumcised suffering  from genital Candida/thrush time to time, dental issues, cuts, etc.).

Mind is much simpler and pure when you are younger. Once you are getting old, you mix with all your thoughts and blocking and accepting the real facts even professional is giving them.

Thank you for your all advises and “I get on with my life” (I borrowed your word). In the future, I stop coming back to this forum with the non-risk activities other than the real risk active (unprotected anal and vaginal penetration), which I’m sure I will not take the risk.

Thank you!!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 04:20:43 pm »
You're welcome. You've got it down now.
Andy Velez

Offline screwed

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 01:46:24 pm »
Hi Ann,

Is it still non-risk if the head of penis (urethral opening) touching against the vaginal opening area with vaginal fluid? Is this still consider as frottage?

Thank you,
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:53:19 pm by screwed »

Offline screwed

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 01:52:06 pm »
Hi Ann,

Is it still non-risk if the head of penis (urethral opening) touching against the vaginal opening area with vaginal fluid? Is this still consider as frottage?

Thank you,

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 01:57:41 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline screwed

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 02:17:49 pm »
Sorry, Rapid. Iwasn't sure whether the urethral opening touching against vaginal opening (not just vagina) is still consider as frottage. I guess it is frottage and no-risk situation since I received the warning from you.

Sorry and thank you.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:31:34 pm by screwed »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »
Screwed,

What you describe is indeed considered frottage and frottage is not a risk for hiv infection. You're worrying needlessly, yet again.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline screwed

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:12 pm »
Ann,
Thank you and sorry for coming back.

Offline screwed

Re: Cunnilingus
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:11 am »
If my tooth (wisdom tooth) is chipped/cracked and having a big hole due to a cavity not treated, is cunnilingus (going down on a woman) still safe activity?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:44:53 am by screwed »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 10:46:38 am »
Seek professional mental help for your HIV obcessions.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 12:25:07 pm »
Along with what you have already been told about non-risk, your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of HIV while you are giving oral sex.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.