Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:28:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 531
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 518
Total: 519

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I just can't....  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Texan38

I just can't....
« on: July 15, 2008, 06:27:30 pm »
I met someone this weekend.  He was nice, cute, mainly spoke Spanish and when he spoke English he spoke it with an accent which I found so sexy.  We walked outside and sat on the bed of his truck.  There was a cool breeze.  We talked, laughed, joked around, held hands, caressed, kissed.  We would look into each others eyes, kiss on the cheek then slowly have one of those passionate, long kisses.  No sex happened. Not even oral.  It was all......so very.....nice.  So I had to go.  He asked me when we could see each other again.  I smiled at him and said someday.  I put my hands on his cheeks and gave him one last kiss then I turned and left.  I just couldn't stay.  I can't do it.  I try, I really do but...I just....can't.   :-\
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
Re: I just can't....
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:38:11 pm »
Tex,
Do you have someone close and present in your life to talk this stuff out with in reflection, like a therapist, clergy person, or counselor?  Someone reading your post could arrive at varied conclusions about your present state:

afraid of disclosure, despite knowing your HIV status for 15 years?

afraid of emotional intimacy? ......and the oxytocin high doesn't count....

classic "tease" needing to let someone down, though one wouldn't ordinarily associate such things with someone posting here

None of these three conditions would be a good place to be.

Best,
David

"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline Texan38

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:32:32 am »
Hey David,

No, I don't have anyone to talk to about this.  I once asked my Doctor once about anti-depressants and all she basically said, everyone gets depressed every now and then.  On my last appnt, the PA saw me and I asked him, he asked me how I was feeling and he told me it sounded as if I was going through a midlife crisis - that was all.  I guess maybe because I don't look or act down - I'm not.  I'm always cheerful and say HI to everyone with a smile.
I've disclosed a couple of times, willing to take a chance, and I was rejected.  Emotional intimacy...scares the shit out of me.  I wish I could go more into detail about that but I'm at work and...can't type for too long.

Thanks,

Take care.
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Iggy

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:32:57 pm »
Tex,

You most certainly CAN do it, but you need to give yourself a break first.  I hope that if you just take it in little pieces (like going out with the guy again without strings attached) rather then worrying about the bigger issues, you find it is very doable.

Just a thought.

Offline steps

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 03:36:09 pm »
I just just can't. your ethic of not wishing to expose others to the possible of infection is a high ethical standard.
It does not mean you will be forever alone it only means you have an honest outlook about you.
You need not worry or give up on being with someone your ethic will bring someone to you without you even trying to find it you only need to see the possiblity

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 05:57:04 pm »
Emotional intimacy...scares the shit out of me.

Hi Tex,

That was exactly what I wondering about when I read your first post in this thread. I've met other positive people (men and women) who have developed that problem after diagnosis (if they didn’t already have it before). Trust and vulnerability can be scary, and especially so for people living with HIV. Hope you can find a way to work that out some day.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:11:09 pm »
Tex,
I can so relate, emotional intamcy scares the shit out of me. Especially after my HIV diagnosis. I can so understand your story, all the way to the hands on the cheeks it was a picture of something I would do. I find that I just keep myself out of the situation all together.
I go to therapy and it is something that I am working on. But I want you to know that you are not the only one. Although I have no words that can make it better, I do know that at times knowing you are not alone matters.
Peter

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.