Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:50:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 316
Total: 316

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Boston Weather!!!  (Read 8851 times)

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Boston Weather!!!
« on: July 23, 2009, 09:13:24 pm »
Just looked up the 10 day forecast on TWC and the HIGHS are in the low 80's and upper 70's ??

My God, could this be true? Halleluah! What a heavenly place!!! Hopefully the cool temps will hold during our gathering!

I may not ever want to leave Boston:D

-Will (In South Texas where the last 21 days have been 100+)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Boston Weather!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:44:21 pm »
It's been unusually chilly and damp all summer in the northeast -- it's not usually like this.  Though I'm not attending this year, I'd advise everyone to pack a collapsable umbrella and light rainproof type jacket.

For example, right now in Boston (and all along the NE coast) it's in the lower 60's, with strongish +20 mph gusts of wind blowing off the ocean, and with light to heavy rain because a low pressure system is sitting right off the New Jersey coast.  And it's been like this all day long.

Normally it would be easily 90 degrees, sunny and very humid at this time of year, but there's been very odd things going on with the jet stream for months.  Even as far south as Philadelphia we've not gone over 90 the entire summer.  Boston has been even worse if you look at the following link for the observed highs/lows so far for all of July -- highest it's been there is 85 for only 2 days and as low as 57 one night:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/monthly/USMA0046?from=interactive_topnav_business
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 10:27:29 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »
Just looked up the 10 day forecast on TWC and the HIGHS are in the low 80's and upper 70's ??

My God, could this be true? Halleluah! What a heavenly place!!! Hopefully the cool temps will hold during our gathering!

I may not ever want to leave Boston:D

-Will (In South Texas where the last 21 days have been 100+)

Ah, yes -- please do remember the ol' adage -- "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute"

I lived the first 38 yrs of my life in New England, so I can tell you from experience that things can change fast.  Boston is typically fairly humid in the summer, but with far more days in the 80's than in the 90's.  Miss P is quite right -- bring an umbrella and a rain jacket of some sort.  Boston is also extremely windy -- so an umbrella is often not practical during bad weather.
This year has been unbelievably wet in the area -- hopefully, it will have rained itself out before we arrive, but I plan on being prepared.

No matter the weather, I am still looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in less than 2 weeks.

Mike

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:09 am »
Miss P You missed your calling in life....you should have been a weather girl ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 08:40:15 am »
Miss P You missed your calling in life....you should have been a weather girl ;D

Ain't she the 'cats meow' lately? What's up with that Miss P. Why the efficiency and dead-on advice bestowed to the commons?

;D
Mike

Offline positivmat

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:41:04 am »
I am leaving provincetown tomorrow and it has been very wet but if you have never been here before, the foggy cool weather is beautiful in itself. It has taken away a lot of tennis days from me ): but tea dance at the boatslip yesterday to its raining men in a cape cod fog with sweaty torsos all around was some comfort. Enjoy yourselves. I wish I could gét back up here to meet everyone.

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 09:14:21 am »
I'm a much nicer person in cooler (cold) weather.  We've had amazing summer weather - Highs in the 70's with a nice breeze.  Keep cool thoughts flowing towards Boston.  They'll have plenty of time to be hot after we leave.

Accuweather has Thurs 8/6's high at 85 and Friday 8/7 at 88!!!  That's stinkin' oppressively HOT!!

Mum
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:19:26 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 11:52:33 am »
Accuweather has Thurs 8/6's high at 85 and Friday 8/7 at 88!!!  That's stinkin' oppressively HOT!!
Mum

88 is not oppressively hot.  Oppressively hot is Miami at 93 with 99% humidity, where you can drink the air. Or the southwest with temps of 100+, where you need something to open your car door, so you don't burn your hand and if you don't have a sunscreen, you will need gloves to drive home.  Now that is hot!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:28:15 pm by killfoile »

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:19:25 am »
I just looked up Boston weather on accuweather.  I know things can change, but let's hope it doesn't ;D

Thursday 8/6:   Hi: 81   Low: 66
Friday 8/7:  Hi: 79  Low: 60
Saturday 8/8: Hi: 74  Low: 56
Sunday 8/9:  Hi: 71  Low: 58
Monday 8/10:  Hi: 78  Low: 63
Tuesday 8/11: Hi: 78  Low: 58
Wednesday 8/12: Hi: 75  Low: 62
Thursday 8/13: Hi: 85  Low: 66

Sounds PERFECT to me!

See you in 6 days!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 11:48:24 am »
YAY!

*Note to self -  Must pack parka*
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline mjmel

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 11:56:52 am »
Temps sound great! Is that with or without rain, Madame Mum?
Will pack a parka too. (ha. ha. just noted the play on words )

Mike
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:11:33 pm by mjmel »

Offline minismom

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 05:13:52 pm »
Possibility of rain on Thursday before we get there and Friday during the M&G.

PARKA :o  Good grief!  70 is perfect shorts and t-shirt weather. ;D

Madame Mum - I like that ;)
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 07:17:27 am »
For those who haven't finished packing and are still at home, here's an updated forecast for Boston.  SOURCE: Accuweather.com

Wed. Hi: 88 Low: 65 Thunderstorms in the afternoon

Thurs. Hi: 80 Low: 62 Sun

Fri. Hi: 78 Low: 62 Sun and pleasant

Sat. Hi: 80 Low: 62 Partly cloudy

Sun. Hi: 77 Low: 67 Thunderstorms possible

Mon. Hi: 88 Low: 71 PM Thunderstorms possible - Don't forget your ponchos for the ball game.

Tues. Hi: 86 Low: 69 Humid with clouds

See you guys tomorrow!!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline mjmel

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 07:35:38 am »
Forecast has changed for the better since I checked a couple of days ago. Very nice that it's not hot as it could be in Boston.

A parka (meaning light rain jacket) for those rainy afternoons/eve. One that breaths so one doesn't get a stick and clammy.

Thanks, Madame Mom for the update. I know you will be a busy bee today while hubby chills in the hammock--after his workout at the gym.
 :)
Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.