Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:28:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 649
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 641
Total: 641

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bictegravir (GS-9883) Phase 1/2 suppressed HIV as well as Tivicay (dolutegravir)  (Read 7764 times)

Offline Matts

http://www.gilead.com/news/press-releases/2016/6/gilead-presents-preliminary-data-on-bictegravir-an-investigational-integrase-strand-transfer-inhibitor-for-the-treatment-of-hiv

I think that Bictegravor of Gilead could become a new Blockbuster. I dont find all the links of the studies, but it works better than Tivicay against resistances. It is quite impressive. The new STR of Bictegravir+TAF+Emtricitabine will work for everyone, even with heavy resistance issues. Let's see :)
Dovato

Offline gorka

I am supposed to get my pills for study tomorrow.  That said I dont know which one I will be taking either this or Triumeq

Offline gorka

Took my first ever ART pills today.  Dont know which one I am actually taking either Bictegravor/TFA/TFC (the pill is HUGE) or Triumeq but they give u both and one is placebo.  Did not have any side effects so far that I could tell knock on wood.  Hope it continues this way. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:33:58 pm by gorka »

Offline gorka

I take that back.  Triumeq pill is huge the new drug that includes Bictegravir is tiny (easily 3 times smaller)

Offline gorka

Been taking meds for a week now.  Absolutely no side effects that I can notice other than some anxiety but that could be from anything.  So I guess I am tolerating either new drug or Triumeq pretty well.   My initial viral load was 300 copies/ml and test before starting medication was 800 copies/ml.  I tested negative in Dec 2015.  Am I considered viremic controller or you need to be wo meds for longer to determine that?

Offline Matts

I wish You the best for Your trial. I am surprised that they have choosen You with 800 copies. :)
 But anyway, it is a new drug and nobody knows the side effects yet. BIC  is similar to Dolutegravir. DTG can cause insomnia, anxiety, psychosis. Maybe the some for BIC.
But as it looks, it can  still work as once-daily even for patients resistant to Elvitegravir, Raltegravír or Dolutegravir.

Please keep us reporting.
Dovato

Offline gorka

Thanks Matts.  Yeah I was surprised also.  Dr said I should do really well on either drug.  I wish I didnt have to take placebo for so long though (96 weeks)

Offline gorka

I have been now on meds for about 10 days.  I started experiencing some side effects.  The best way I can describe it is I seem to get tingling in my face and I also get the feeling as if I am getting a cold or getting over it about 20 minutes after taking meds.  it lasts for a few hours after taking the meds but it goes away as the day goes by so by evening I dont have the same sensation.  Again I dont know what I am taking either new drug or Triumeq.  Anyone on Triumeq experience anything similar? 

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
I have been now on meds for about 10 days.  I started experiencing some side effects.  The best way I can describe it is I seem to get tingling in my face and I also get the feeling as if I am getting a cold or getting over it about 20 minutes after taking meds.  it lasts for a few hours after taking the meds but it goes away as the day goes by so by evening I dont have the same sensation.  Again I dont know what I am taking either new drug or Triumeq.  Anyone on Triumeq experience anything similar?

Gorka. Low level side effects, if caused by HIV meds should calm down over time. Obviously, can't speak for the new drug but this is a general pattern.

If it becomes a concern feed it back to your doctor.

If you have a specific question about Triumeq, it's best to post a new thread in the 'Treatment & Side Effects' forum as many won't venture into the research forum.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline gorka

wanted to update this thread as well that switching to evening seems to resolve issues I was having in case anyone else in the study experiences similar problems. 

Offline gorka

I have been taking drugs for over a month now and just got a note that my VL is undetectable.  So either Triumeq or Bactigravir is working great.  Some goodn ews out of all this.  Yaaay. 

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
great news gorka.

The Integrase class of drugs are phenomenal at viral suppression.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline gorka

been on the meds for 3 months now and switched back to taking them in the morning along with my blood pressure meds.  it seems the side effects I was experiencing in the beginning have disappeared.  still doing great VL undetectable and high CD count although I have to say I do feel depressed and not motivated at times

Offline Mightysure

Hey,
How's the study going? Is this a study comparing Triumeq to the BIC combo?  That's so cool bc you're getting your meds for free without t hassle of insurance and specialty pharmacies. And you're contributing to HIV-1 knowledge.

How much longer do you have?

Offline gorka

The study I am in compares Triumeq to Bactegravir combo.  I am not sure what I am taking though.  I will know at week 96.  Taking 2 pills one placebo and one for the drug.  So far so good.  Been undetectable after 4 weeks and stayed that way.  The only bad part I gained weight and my cholesterol went up.

Offline awakening

~~~~
[month/date/year]
3/1/16: Tested neg (Oral swab)
6/17/16: Diagnosed poz (finger prick), confirmed w/Multispot assay
6/17/16: VL 22,900, CD4 - 524 cells/uL (30%)
7/2/16: Started Triumeq (DTG+ABC+3TC)
8/1/16: VL 30
10/4/16: VL <20, CD4 - 630 (31%)
1/4/17: VL 90
2/7/17: Undetected
4/17/17: Undetected, CD4 - 695 (33%)
7/20/17: VL 75
8/21/17: VL <20
11/27/17: VL<20
3/26/18: VL<20, CD4 - 701 (36%)
5/14/18: Switch to Juluca (DTG+RPV)
6/11/18: VL<20
7/25/18: Undetected, CD4 - 632 (38%)
1/22/19: VL<20

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Well I think its impressive results despite the small trial size and looking forward to seeing the larger phase 3 study results on this one if they go ahead. 

https://www.poz.com/article/gileads-investigational-bictegravir-treats-hiv-tivicay-dolutegravir

Gilead’s Investigational Bictegravir Treats HIV as Well as Tivicay (Dolutegravir)
Each integrase inhibitor was paired with Descovy (emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide) in a recent small trial.

Gilead Sciences’ investigational integrase inhibitor bictegravir (GS-9883) suppressed HIV as well as Tivicay (dolutegravir) when paired with Descovy (emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide) in a recent Phase II trial. Considering these results, along with previous promising Phase I trial findings, researchers concluded that bictegravir merits further study.

Investigators enrolled 98 people living with HIV who had not taken antiretrovirals before and randomized them to receive, along with Descovy, bictegravir (65 participants) or Tivicay 33 participants) on a blinded basis. Findings were presented at the 2017 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) in Seattle.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:28:26 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.