Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:13:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773208
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 575
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 561
Total: 561

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Living With HIV / Re: Regular labwork didn’t go as planned
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 09:08:09 am »
Yea thanks for putting that whole “Charley eating me after I’m dead” fear in my head 🤣

You're welcome, now you don't have to worry about Charley starving :) Just don't sleep too deeply, Charley could get confused.
« Last post by numbersguy82 on Today at 08:57:56 am »
Life is full of disappointment, I was already planning my trip and had pictured a closed coffin funeral due to your cat.

Anyhow, glad to hear it was just a blip. :)

Yea thanks for putting that whole “Charley eating me after I’m dead” fear in my head 🤣
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 08:54:22 am »
Jim hold off on that gofundme and put away your wash-n-wear funeral tux… for now 😅

Life is full of disappointment, I was already planning my trip and had pictured a closed coffin funeral due to your cat.

Anyhow, glad to hear it was just a blip. :)
« Last post by Tonny2 on Today at 08:38:44 am »

ojo.                 Hell numbers, if you knew how many times I felt like you after seeing a lab work result was mistake And they way I felt, just like you felt, and then knowing that was the error, that’s why I decided to focus and that a battery solved. It could be a mistake until otherwise proven the country.. I remember one time well I was in the hospital because of hemolytic anemia that after I started treatment, prednisone, the nurse came to get some bloodwork done and lay it on, came back and told me that the treatment wasn’t working. What meant that I was dying, I told him to check my blood again so he did and he came by later on with different results, treatment was working my hemoglobin was increasing. Sometime we had to hold down to hope most of the time. Hope they last. I’m not sure I’m making sense because I’m dictating this message with an awful headache. In an event, I told you, I’m glad that everything is OK and less keep fighting,… Hugs.

Ps. if you’re having prob urination  prolems, check with the urologist I think that you are in your 40s and maybe it’s time for you to be checked for prostate problems.

Ps. again, I’m sorry for the typos. I’m not thinking straight.
« Last post by numbersguy82 on Today at 08:02:04 am »
Tonny I will def take your advice, from now on I am not worrying unless i see a result twice!

I do feel like there’s something going on as my urination has been off as of late and also I have felt poorly. But I’m glad to know it’s not kidney failure!
« Last post by Tonny2 on Today at 07:57:13 am »

Ojo.                @numbers?, i’m glad that you are back to normal and you know that we are here for you for whenever you need a lift. Usually sometimes lab work has to be repeated because they are not perfect. He had to happen to me and the best is to worry until you have something to worry about, easy to say, but I know what I mean. I’m glad that you have it a good health plan, we unlucky to do have it because there are other people in different countries that you could sleep for one night because of the result of other people they had to wait  weeks or even months… again, I’m happy for you and please keep us posted.… Hugs

Ps.
Sorry for the typos
« Last post by numbersguy82 on Today at 07:43:09 am »
Bubba and Dave, you both are fantastic.

Bubba I need to take you along to my next appt so I can be sure to get proper care 🤣

Dave that is super helpful information. Also mildly frightening that you never knew why it was elevated and that it just went back down on its own. Reading your comment made me feel much better!

My updated results came back in much better. My creatine was down to 1.14 and everything else was within normal parameters. My Doctor called it a transient blip…. But is still having me return in 2 weeks to test again.

Honestly I'm on the fence with my feelings about this situation. On one hand I’m annoyed that I lost sleep and worried over results which probably weren’t much to actually be concerned about. On the other hand I feel extremely blessed that my provider was so proactive, pulled in colleagues, and made the ordeal have a sense of importance and urgency. I know not everyone has access to that kind of care, so I feel like being upset would be just rubbing in my privilege.

So for now I guess I’ll make sure I’m drinking enough water and watching out for symptoms until my next appt. Thank you again everyone, and Jim hold off on that gofundme and put away your wash-n-wear funeral tux… for now 😅
Do I Have HIV? / Re: HIV risk from small cut
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 06:35:32 am »
I read your post three times. What you posted isn't an HIV risk, zero! Move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.
Do I Have HIV? / HIV risk from small cut
« Last post by Aman08 on Today at 06:29:40 am »
Hello ,

Please help me as I am worried and getting anxiety attacks due to this incident.

I am male 26, I met one guy in dating app , what we just did is simple hugs and cuddles. We didn’t even remove our underwears .
What is making me worry is he started sucking my nipples along with that he started biting my nipples, i felt good and I didn’t stop him. At that time I didn’t notice any visible blood. I didn’t check his mouth properly.

I noticed my nipples after he left .. I could see there was a very small cut and abrasion, it was reddish. ( there was no oozing blood from that scratch  ) .. I felt tingling sensation and small pain for sometime.

Now my question, since there was a small cut and tiny bit of blood involved.

1. Am I at the risk of hiv?
2. What if he had cuts on his mouth or bleeding gums and while biting my nipples, his blood would have entered my body via that small cut I mentioned earlier? Is this risky situation?
3. Do I need to get hiv test for this ?
« Last post by daveR on Today at 01:38:34 am »
1.44 is a bit high but I think still a long way off failure. Mine rose slowly then peaked in around 1.36. stayed there for years even through medication changes. Then suddenly dropped back down to normal range again.
If it can happen to me it can happen to you. I did nothing special.

Good luck
Dave
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.