Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

CircularNatural - Intro thread.

(1/4) > >>

CircularNatural:
Hello, I am from Argentina as well. Received muy diagnosis recently and just finishing my first months on Dovato. Until now, no side effects. I wonder how do you buy meds to keep in stock, I'm afraid of what you mentioned about med shortages related to gov't or country issues. I thought that you couldn't buy these kind of meds here due to regulations. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about the diagnosis.  I've split your post into its own thread as it's standard to have an introduction thread as a new member, and we don't post our issues or concerns in other people's threads.

Glad to hear that you have started treatment. When will you have follow-up labs already to see how the viral load is doing? How are you feeling/coping otherwise?

Anyhow, I doubt you will be able to order Dovato. I'm not sure, but you might be able to order dolutegravir and lamivudine separately, though.  Other forum members order their treatments online etc. They would know better and might chime in on the subject.

Best, Jim

CircularNatural:
Hey there, sorry to hear that this neuropathy's causing you distress. Do you mind if I ask what is it related to? Is this due to HIV or the meds, or both? Is neuropathy related to a specific medication? I'm on Dovato and read that Lamivudine could cause neuropathy, which worries me. I've been diagnosed recently and I believe that I have had HIV for no more than 3-4 months (got tested after having the acute syndrome). The only "symptom" that I feel for now is a little pain on knees and wrists but maybe I had that before, just that now I'm constanty checking my body for signs or issues.
I already had anxiety and chronic insomnia before all of this, and take zolpidem 10mg and pregbalin 75-100mg daily (for anxiety not pain).
Thanks for reading, I would find any info related to neuropathy and chronic pain useful.
Best regards

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

I moved this post and merged it here from my vampire thread.

Reading PN, well untreated HIV has also been shown to cause nerve damage & earlier HIV meds that you are not taking did contribute or caused the condition. Newer HIV meds, although many come with the same warnings, have not shown this risk. You're taking DTG & 3TC, and even the older (3TC) lamivudine is only rarely suspected in certain situations, haven't seen anything in recent times.   

--- Quote ---now I'm constanty checking my body for signs or issues.

--- End quote ---

Understand you are new to HIV & treatment. It can be a lot to digest and I don't think it's uncommon to hyperfocus on things at first, but extremely doubtful this combo, in such a short time has given you PN. I fancy the odds of being cured tomorrow better by some miracle. Do consult and keep your healthcare provider updated about any issues or concerns you might feel.

--- Quote ---zolpidem 10mg and pregbalin 75-100mg daily
--- End quote ---

Ambien and Lyrica, just wondering no increased issues or side effects from this combination? How is it working for you?

--- Quote ---I'm afraid of what you mentioned about med shortages related to gov't or country issues.
--- End quote ---

You could try the old trick of renewing your script a few days early each time to build up a little bit of stock over time. Not sure if that will work where you are based. You are not going to be able to buy generic Dovato though. You might be able to buy DTG & 3TC separately online, I've never tried that, but maybe one of the other forum members who buy drugs online will chime in.

--- Quote ---When will you have follow-up labs already to see how the viral load is doing? How are you feeling/coping otherwise?

--- End quote ---

I presume you had labs when diagnosed, when is the follow-up to see if the drugs are working to suppress the viral load?

Jim

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/peripheral-neuropathy
https://i-base.info/ttfa/4-side-effects-of-arvs/6-peripheral-neuropathy-d4t-ddi-rarely-3tc/

CircularNatural:
Thanks for your replies!
So far I haven't experienced any side effects or interactions with Ambien and Lyrica regarding my (generic) Dovato treatment. I know Dolutegravir is associated with insomnia but I used to suffer from that beforehand and have not noticed anything related to mental health worsened by these meds. By the way, I'm a psychiatrist myself (and attend to my own psychotherapy and psychiatric treatments as well due to GAD/insomnia, even before HIV diag).

I will try what you suggested related to trying to get my meds a couple of days earlier to see if I can save a 5-pill blister per month (my medical insurance has approved my meds for 3 months in advance so all I have to do is contact the authorized pharmacy with my script in hand). I'll have to see what happens if I use scripts a little bit earlier each month, it might work.

Regarding my check ups, my ID doctor said to just go on with another month of meds and I'm guessing he'll want 2 o 3 months before my next blood check up. I could use my own scripts to do a blood check up, but would this be advisable? I'm feeling good in general so I'm just trying to manage my own generalized anxiety / health anxiety :) Generally speaking I'm coping quite well (thanks for asking).
Being a gay male, I was always scared of this since an adolescent, given the higher risk. I contracted HIV using a condom that was not apparently broken during sex so I guess that having fear does not protect you of anything, maybe that's what I have to learn from all of this :)

Thanks for your replies

--- Quote from: Jim Allen on October 08, 2021, 04:41:52 am ---Hiya,

I moved this post and merged it here from my vampire thread.

Reading PN, well untreated HIV has also been shown to cause nerve damage & earlier HIV meds that you are not taking did contribute or caused the condition. Newer HIV meds, although many come with the same warnings, have not shown this risk. You're taking DTG & 3TC, and even the older (3TC) lamivudine is only rarely suspected in certain situations, haven't seen anything in recent times.   

Understand you are new to HIV & treatment. It can be a lot to digest and I don't think it's uncommon to hyperfocus on things at first, but extremely doubtful this combo, in such a short time has given you PN. I fancy the odds of being cured tomorrow better by some miracle. Do consult and keep your healthcare provider updated about any issues or concerns you might feel.

Ambien and Lyrica, just wondering no increased issues or side effects from this combination? How is it working for you?

You could try the old trick of renewing your script a few days early each time to build up a little bit of stock over time. Not sure if that will work where you are based. You are not going to be able to buy generic Dovato though. You might be able to buy DTG & 3TC separately online, I've never tried that, but maybe one of the other forum members who buy drugs online will chime in.

I presume you had labs when diagnosed, when is the follow-up to see if the drugs are working to suppress the viral load?

Jim

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/peripheral-neuropathy
https://i-base.info/ttfa/4-side-effects-of-arvs/6-peripheral-neuropathy-d4t-ddi-rarely-3tc/

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version