Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:03:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OOwwwww!! My guinea pig just bit me!  (Read 5962 times)

Offline rocket

OOwwwww!! My guinea pig just bit me!
« on: July 01, 2006, 03:47:37 pm »
I know this sounds stupid but is there anything to be concerned about getting bit by a guinea pig?It wasnt intentional as these are very meek animals(I was feeding him a grape by hand),I squeezed as much blood from the tip of my finger ,washed it with warm water and put antibacterial cream on it and a bandage.For a nonhiver it would be nothing but for us Im not sure.  I realise I have it easy as Im not on meds yet,Im still a newbie and not totally sure what to be worried about,butIm learning fast. :o

Offline blondbeauty

Re: OOwwwww!! My guinea pig just bit me!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:57:38 pm »
Dont worry about that. My dog Diana, bites me from time to time when we play and even makes me bleed. We also do long sessions of french kissing and the cat of my friend Arantxa scratched my arms the other day... Nothing has happened to me so far...
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 04:23:42 pm »

You probably ran more of a risk from the grape that the guinea pig...
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 04:44:08 pm »
I'd of bitten it back!
Shame on the guinea pig...

i m sure you'll be just fine.

Jeff

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 05:14:43 pm »
Used to be that HIV poz people were told to get rid of pets.  Now its just the opposite.
However, if I were you, I would not want to handle a giunea pig that bites.
When I lived in South America they were a delicacy and made very good dinner.....broiled, barbecued or roasted on a spit. lol
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 05:36:23 pm »
Have you ever heard of GPF??? (Guinea Pig FootBall)".  They are pretty Aerodynamic.. ;D

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 05:39:01 pm »
BB

We also do long sessions of french kissing / quote...

Are we french kissing our (((((dog))))?????  blaaaahhck! :'(

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 06:29:19 pm »
Yes! I frenck-kiss my dog.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 08:00:54 pm »
You wont catch anything from your guinea pig.  trust me.

Offline rocket

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 08:52:21 pm »
Ok,thanks guys,and in defense of poor little piggy,he bit my finger accidently thinking it was a grape. :o.So no slow cooking of little piggy or throwing him around like a football :'( Now if you want to know what small critters really do bite,look no further than hamsters.Oh,and BB,I wont be french kissing him anytime soon,yuuuuuch.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 09:00:20 pm »
You know if you squeeze em, their little eyes do this funny little "looney-toon-ish eye bulge?" ::)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.