Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:44:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 238
Total: 240

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My hiv risk!  (Read 24506 times)

Offline Mikey1985san

My hiv risk!
« on: March 13, 2016, 01:58:30 pm »
Morning I was recently Gambia and I took a Gambian girl back. At no stage did we have penetrated sex however I did engage in genital rubbing with my penis head pulled back I think my penis was exposed to her fluids what are the chances I have gotten HIV. At no stage did we have sex. Also I took her for a HIV test in Gambia at a clinic 2 weeks after our exposure and she tested no- reactive.  The reason I am so worried is that 10 days after the exposure I had a white tougue and night sweats for nearly 2 weeks.I also felt fatigued and my skin In my hands started to peel. Now I am at 6 weeks after exposure and I have muscle and joint pain and more frequent bowl movements. Risk level and advice please.

Regards

And thak you all in advance

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: My hiv risk!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 02:31:52 pm »
Hi

Firstly I have split your post into a new thread, Please only post in this thread going forward. This is the only place you should post.

I read your post and you did not have an exposure to HIV from the incidents you mentioned. You had no HIV transmission risk whatsoever and if what you posted is your only concern it is safe for you to move on.

It's simple HIV does not survive outside the human body, once hiv finds itself outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH / moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.  HIV needs to be sexually transmitted inside the Human body.

As for your symptoms they have nothing to do with HIV and we don't discuss them, if you are feeling unwell please speak to a doctor to find out what is making you ill.

As a side note her HIV status is not your concern and none of your businesses. Even if she was tested today all it means is that she was negative 13 weeks ago, it's simply not important. Please leave her alone and instead focus on knowing your own HIV status and continue practicing safer sex.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for all (STI's) sexually transmitted infections together.

If you are sexually active, it is highly recommended that you get a full sexual health check-up / screening at least annually including but not limited to hiv testing.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Finally use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, to avoid sexually transmitted hiv infection.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 06:32:44 am »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am wating for the 3 month period to pass to get tested. I really hope you post is right as the doctor told me if fluids got on my penis head there is a good chance I was infected. My foreskin was pulled back during the rubbing. I also had a blood test 12 days after expsure and the doctor told me my body was fighting an infection and he informed me to test for hiv after 12 weeks. Its been 7 weeks now and have a white tougue with patches. Neck and slight throat pain. I havecreally bad muscle pain in my legs and feel sick mist of the day . Thank you in advance for all the good work you guys do on here

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 08:02:38 am »
Hi , as Jim has advised , body fluids are not infectious once outside the body.
There has been no risk for HIV . It is safe for you to move on.

Best , Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 12:08:53 pm »
This has been my only exposure I tested positive all I did was genital rubbing. How is this possible. I am so scared

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 12:57:29 pm »
Hi

Genital rubbing is not a risk, if this was the only exposure/concern since your last negative result it should not be an issue.

As for your last post, I adjusted you posts number so you can reply to this.
When did you test positive, how and did you have a confirmatory test done ?

Jim
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:32:58 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »
Tested Positive yesterday it took 30 min to get the results.Its now 8 weeks from expsure. Going to wait until 12 weeks for the next test. So worried

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 01:45:00 pm »
Hi

What did the clinic say regarding your result and the next steps?

Look if you have had a HIV test that came back with a positive result (Reactive) you need to work with the Clinic/Doctor that took the test to now run a confirmation test run. If that comes back positive only then will it be confirmed. 

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 02:06:23 pm »
They told me to wait until 12 weeks to get the next test. Then they run tests on my bloods to see my count etc...
I must be the unluckest person alive

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »
Hi

Well I am sorry to hear that your initial test came back positive.

I am moving your thread to "I just tested poz" section and adjusting your account. Here you can get support from the other members and keep us updated. However until your results are confirmed I will still ask you to only post in this one thread.

Kind regards

Jim 
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
I'm struggling to understand this.

You are 7wks post exposure, test positive and the clinic say they want to wait til 12wks post exposure before running a confirmatory test?

That doesn't make much sense. A confirmatory test should be run immediately once the positive test comes back. Waiting for the 12 week window sounds more consistent for a neg result at 7 weeks.

To the OP. Are you ABSOLUTELY certain you have had a positive result?

Finally, your Doctor told you that exposing your penis to fluids from a girl who was confirmed as HIV- would mean you have a 'good chance you are infected' is absolutely ridiculous.

You had zero risk from this encounter. IF you have contracted HIV then it will have been from a different time/place.

I know it sounds a weird question to ask but i'm just trying to understand
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:01:52 pm by caveyuk »
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 03:35:38 pm »
Thats what the doctor has said. To wait until 12 weeks now for the second test. This is my only exposure I have had. She must have been recently infected and had a high load of the virus and I have been unlucky. From my symptoms I kind of knew. I must been one of the unlucky ones to have been infected from genital rubbing.

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 03:36:41 pm »
Yes sure about the postive results

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 07:00:55 am »
Today has been a bad day. I broke down crying and with anxiety. I feel like the world is ending for me And like if I have failed my baby girl whom is only 2 . I just feel like I will not be able to provide for her. I am sure to lose my job as I am in the British Army. I am in tunnel without light at the end

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 08:30:52 am »
If what you say about your risk is true, then I doubt you have a positive diagnosis

As your doc has said they want to wait for the 12 weeks to re-test, suggest not going to pieces until you have that info.

Most people will get a confirmatory test done immediately. The only reason people wait for the 12 week window to pass is to get a negative test confirmed after a specific risk event, which it could be argued you didn't have in the first place.

The 12 week window is rendered irrelevant if you get a positive test result prior to this.

My suggestion to you would be to call your clinic/doctor tomorrow and say you want a positive confirmatory test run immediately as your previous test was positive. Say you want this as you need to understand your numbers and work out the next steps for treatment. Say that waiting a further month before confirmation is affecting your mental health.

Then - if you have misunderstood the results from the first test they will tell you this and if you haven't, you can get the wheels in motion quickly.

Until then, don't panic.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 08:34:56 am »
At the end of the day you still need to get the tests confirmed, no point in even thinking about the impact it might have to your life until it's confirmed.   

True it might mean some changes to your life, if you are HIV positive and depending on your situation, however we always face changes in life HIV or not. All I can tell you is I have 2 wonderful kids aged 4 & 6 and I have not failed them.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 10:22:38 am »
Thanks for the support guys. I hope I can be half as strong as you guys. I really hope to God that I have some luck but I am sure that from my symptoms and the positive test I have got it. I was told by a doctor that the possibility that the girl was newly infected would increase my risk. And in Gambia there is a high hiv rate.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 01:13:10 pm »
When was your last HIV test before this incident ?
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 01:18:10 pm »
2 years ago but I have no exposures since then. As I have been in a relationship and my wife os negative. I use condoms. The only exposure I have had has been the one in Gambia 8 weeks ago

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 09:10:28 pm »
The rate of HIV in Gambia isn't really relevant though. The two key bits of information are (1) the risk of the act and (2) the status of your partner.

What we do know from your original post is that
(1) the risk is extraordinarily low based on your non-penetrative sexual contact. So low in fact that it would have to be a freakish set of circumstances that introduced any risk at all, such a set of circumstances that would lead most to say there was zero risk.
(2) the girl you had the encounter with was tested negative for HIV 14 days after the event. Whilst this doesn't mean she hadn't picked up the virus already, it means she won't have seroconverted, at very least.

Now you started getting symptoms that worried you 10 days after the encounter. This was prior to the girl testing negative and really would be unusually early to see seroconversion symptoms. The symptoms you experienced are non-specific and not directly connected with HIV infection.

That is why I think you need to get in touch with the clinic and demand a confirmatory test.

Now, it may be that you are positive (although I still hold out hope you are not based on the above). And if you are, the 'unlucky' nature of the transmission doesn't come into it. You have it, so will need to deal with it and not concern yourself with the how's and where's.

I really do wish you well, and hope you get formal confirmation one way or another very soon. In the meantime, try not to worry about it too much although I know it will be hard.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 03:03:32 am »
Thanks for the support. I worry because I am in the British Army and I will lose my job if I am hiv positive! I have spent hours online doing research  (which I now is wrong) and it says symptoms appear from 7 days. The night sweats fever were for 10 days. I had chills really bad were my facw would burn a white tougue/dry mouth.  Feeling weak and also dry skin on my hands. I even went to the doctors there at 12 days after exposure. To be honest at first I did not tell him about my exposure. I told him I was unwell and he took my bloods. After waiting 20 to 30 min he called me back in and he said my bloods showed I was fighting an infection this is when I told him my exposure and he told me there was little risk and told me if I was worried to get a test after 3 months. What worries me is that I still have muscle weakness in my legs and my joints hurt mostly in my ankles. My tougue has trush as its white and when I brush it comes off my skin is really dry on my palms and on my face on my hands are so dry it peels and my stomach rubbles so much. My stool is lose especially in the mornings the worse thing is the weakness I have everything is a struggle. As I stated before I just feel like I have let down my daughter and my partner 😣

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 06:36:09 am »
None of the symptoms you describe are HIV specific

Just get that confirmatory test done asap
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 07:23:55 am »
Thanks guys

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 07:24:43 am »
I will I am justvso scared to lose my Job

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 04:33:01 am »
Guys thanks for the support.  Doctor wants to test me again but I have not gone yet. Reason being is that If I am confirmed positive I will lose my job as I am in the Army. I made some inquries and I would get discharged. I live in Gibraltar which is british place were there are only 30,000 people living. It would be impossible for me to gond a job. I have a house. So without a job I would not be able to pay for it. I am going to wait for a few months so I can save some. I am worried because its over 8 weeks and I have really bad sickness, my hands are extremely dry. Have no energy, my muscles in my legs hurt, my tougue has trush on it and I mostly have a lose stole mainly in the morning
Did any of you feel like this before starting meds and is it common so quick in only after 8 weeks. Also how long do I have before I can start getting really really ill?

Thanks for the support guys

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 05:10:49 am »
So look I understand the small community concern and the job part.
I live in a town/village of only 6500 people so.

I don't want to scare you or anyone reading this but I am going to be a frank with you on this as I want to be clear.

Your symptoms don't indicate anything, if you are sick talk to a doctor there is not point in hiding being sick and hoping it will go away whatever it is.

"if" you are HIV positive you need to start treatment. How you got it does not matter, based on what you posted and have said so far it was not 8 weeks ago from rubbing, however like I said I don't care and at the end of the day it really does not matter. What I do care about is if you do have HIV and try to ignore it, it will do damage to your system some of this damage will possibly be permanent and if you wait sooner or later you will get sick enough and die. 

Look sorry if that sounded direct but it's the truth is, Go get tested, If you are positive get/start treatment. That is the priority and worry about the rest later.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 10:01:49 am »
I have found the courage to book an appointment with my military doctors. I will tell him and let them run the all the tests again. I am so nervous and scared about my job my house my family

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 04:02:01 pm »
I totally understand your fears

As Jim says, IF you are HIV positive the most important thing is getting yourself on treatment before the virus starts doing any damage to your immune system. The good news, with such a recent transmission would be that your life expectancy shouldn't be affected - in fact, with the added healthcare, you may even live longer than if you were negative. All of that assumes you start treatment promptly, so finding out is your number one priority right now. Regardless of your job.

I'm no expert on the British Army, but I do know there is a wide range of things that result in medical discharge, so wouldn't be surprised if HIV is one of them. That said, IF you are positive there is nothing you can do to change that. Yes, it would be a huge challenge for you, but long-term the future is not as bleak as you think.

Your family would be another challenge, but thats a challenge that everyone living with HIV faces. I'm not suggesting it's easy but you will come out of it the other end stronger, trust me.

Of course, all of this assumes you are positive which you don't know with any degree of confidence (from what you have posted), but to echo Jim again....knowing is the key as then you can either do something about it to protect your health and restructure your life OR you will find you are negative and can put all this behind you.

I know it sounds like we are being harsh regarding this, but we really are rooting for you through it all.

Hopefully you will get great news. And if you don't, we are here to support
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2016, 09:51:51 am »
Got my test tomorrow. Full hiv test and std screen plus a full health check on my bloods. I have sacked the other clinic and going through the military one. As sooner or later they must know if I have it. So tests start from scratch. I had a good chat with the doctor and he says If I a not ill I can continue to serve and that he knows of a few that are hiv positive in the military and are still serving. All I can do is wait now.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2016, 09:59:44 am »
Hi ,
Glad to hear you are doing this !
Please keep us posted.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 02:23:45 am »
Got to wait 2 weeks for the results now. Every morning is a struggle I have bad morning sickness, my body trembles in bed and I go straight to the toilet and have loose stool this is every morning. Do any of you suffer from this? And can hiv cause this?
Thanks guys

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 03:20:43 am »
Morning sickness and trembles.... look your symptoms have nothing to do with hiv and besides we don't discuss symptoms. If your sick talk to the Doc.

As for your results, it's good you have taken the test, testing the is only way to know.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 04:45:53 am »
Sorry just looking for answers! Just wanted to know others experience.

Thanks

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2016, 06:09:06 am »
Look I understand but it's just not going to help you.

I did not experience any symptoms. Truly none whatsoever.
The other reason we don't go by symptoms is they are varied and vague and look everyone in the "I am" Infected section, they all post about "symptoms" yet nearly all of them test negative. It's just causing themselves stress and worry for no reason.

Jim     
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:20 am »
Thanks Jim

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2016, 02:52:59 am »
Been to the docs today as I am feeling crap he told me I have to wait for the results. My life seems like its been torn apart. All I look forward to is getting into bed each night and closing my eyes. I cant sleep but it feels good to be in bed. I dread waking up in the mornings as my body feels so sick. Stomach cramp and trembling. I am so depressed I dont even spend time with my daughter. I honestly feel like I am dying  :'( :'(

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »
Been to the docs today as I am feeling crap he told me I have to wait for the results. My life seems like its been torn apart. All I look forward to is getting into bed each night and closing my eyes. I cant sleep but it feels good to be in bed. I dread waking up in the mornings as my body feels so sick. Stomach cramp and trembling. I am so depressed I dont even spend time with my daughter. I honestly feel like I am dying  :'( :'(

Mikey - you are not dying.

Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety and depression, rather than the presence of HIV or any other infection.

It is shitty that you have to wait, but until you have had the result confirmed there is no point getting too worked up, although I do understand that is hard. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you that you are negative.

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2016, 03:03:31 pm »
Thanks deep inside I already know my result. I need to fight this and be strong like you guys.

Offline RobbSC

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2016, 03:30:40 pm »
Agree with Caveyuk. I think your symptoms are in line with the anxiety of not knowing. Lord knows that can mess with your body as much or more than any symptom. I didn't experience any symptoms until failing a life insurance exam and being anxious about why. I felt perfectly normal in fact.

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2016, 03:37:34 pm »
I got really bad syphtoms 10 days after exposure

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 03:44:10 pm »
I got really bad syphtoms 10 days after exposure

Symptoms are meaningless when it comes to HIV. It's only the test result that is important.

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zach

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2016, 03:48:16 pm »
Do you not listen?!?!?

YOUR SYMPTOMS DON'T MEAN A FUCKING THING!!!!!

have you been confirmed HIV+ yet?

enough with the drama

Offline zach

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2016, 03:52:22 pm »
I must been one of the unlucky ones to have been infected from genital rubbing.

that's bullshit, and shouldn't be allowed to go unchallenged on this site

Offline RobbSC

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2016, 04:05:38 pm »
Do pharmacies where you live not sell HIV at home tests? Not saying they are 100% accurate but maybe you should go pick one up and take it in the privacy of your own home. I did that when I was unsure why I didn't pass the life insurance exam.

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2016, 05:48:53 pm »
Nope not here they don't sell it. However I can order online. But as stated above waiting on a whole sort of tests including hiv and stds. However tested positive once already

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2016, 05:47:25 am »
And by the way I have no reason to lie. All I have done is be honest. Yes the only exposure I have had is genital rubbing! So there is no need to get like that Zac. I now its a very very very loe risk but possible. If my second test is pos that how I got it!

Offline RobbSC

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2016, 06:54:24 am »
You have to understand that the people who respond to you are pretty knowledgeable about how the virus is transmitted. What you've described is a very very unlikely way for transmission to occur unless you had open sores or something on your penis.
Transmitting HIV really isn't that easy. You'll see numerous people on here that had uncontrolled viral loads and didn't transmit to a negative partner. All that together just sounds odd to us. I am not saying you are telling a lie but I do wonder if you're being honest with yourself about your exposure. Could there have been more than genital rubbing? Could you have been intoxicated and done more than you remember? Are you certain this was the only time?
The bottom line is you are here for support and have questions but you don't seem to want to listen to what some of us are saying. We've all been infected and don't take this stuff lightly.

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2016, 12:16:16 pm »
Listen what id done is done if I would have had sex I would admit  it. We all make mistakes. My exposure was only genital rubbing! Did I have sores . Not to my knowledge. Was there fluids yes lots mine and hers but no sex. That was my only exposure

Offline zach

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2016, 01:49:52 pm »
External genital rubbing is not a transmission risk. That has been said repeatedly in this thread.

The presence of sores and/or fluid during external genital rubbing is irrelevant and doesn't change that.

We don't need you to admit anything, no one is calling you a liar.

This isn't just about you Mikey, it's about the 3,300 (so far) other people that have read this thread, the noobs and lurkers. The people that come here to learn. These boards hold fast to sound medical science. Inaccurate information will not stand here, it will always be challenged.

There was a time people believed kissing would transmit the virus, there are still some that believe that. There are still people that believe oral sex is a risk. The sheer volume of inaccurate information is part and parcel of what feeds the stigma we face is so great. Ignorance. People don't understand the reality. Transmission risks for HIV are very well known. We have 30+ years of data we point to.

These dire symptoms you keep going on about... wouldn't even manifest so soon anyway. And certainly not while on PEP. Part of the reason we're being dismissive about them.

Now, this is about you. It doesn't matter how or when you were infected if you are positive. It only matters how you move forward.

I am so depressed I dont even spend time with my daughter. I honestly feel like I am dying

Seriously man?!? I'll tell you this, if your confirmation test comes back positive (you've had a reactive preliminary test) and you actually have to face HIV, a lifetime of it ahead of you... it's gonna take a lot more fight in you than that. Your daughter still needs you, she always will.

Doctor wants to test me again but I have not gone yet. Reason being is that If I am confirmed positive I will lose my job

Well that is a really poor plan. What do you expect to happen if you don't get properly diagnosed and into treatment? It doesn't go away simply because you ignore it.

You should confirm immediately, but if you want to wait, that's your call. You have about three weeks to sweat not knowing before you'll get a final answer. Spend that time taking your kid to the park, get ice cream... live life man.

Yes, we are a support group. But we're not a hug box, we're not going to comfort you every day while you avoid dealing with this when the answer is simple "Get a confirmation test!" You are the one that has to act.

Even if you are positive, you're not going to take this laying down are you? You are a soldier in the British Army, I've known some of you guys, tough as nails. Fall back on your training. I have zero problem telling a soldier to suck it up.

Offline Mikey1985san

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2016, 03:52:23 pm »
Thanks guys already got tested through the Army. Waiting on results. Should have gone straight to them instead of private.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.