Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:02:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 667
Total: 669

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Long test results...  (Read 6013 times)

Offline justakuntrygul

Long test results...
« on: April 11, 2008, 04:10:30 pm »
 :oOn March 27, 2007 I got a call from a health clinic somewhere in Montgomery, AL, which I never go to Montgomery clinic, so how did they get a hold of my records. Anyway when she called she just said bluntly that I was tested positive for HIV.  I got tested February 14, 2007. I was wondering why did it took so long for the health clinic that I go to which is fifteen mins away to let a clinic that is nearly two hrs away from me tell me that I was infected in.  Why did someone in Montgomery have to let me know about my test results?  And another question...Is it possible that my bf cheated on me, because I got tested a year before that and had no kinds of diseases at all...He claimed that he got tested earlier that year, but I saw nothing. I trusted him, but it's my fault as well as his. Is it possible for HIV to lure around for a year without being tested positive for it?  My bf and I are still together...

The main question is stated before is is it right for a health clinic to CAll in instead of calling you for an appointment to tell you like this. SHould the results have been disclosed over the phone?  And should it take that long for the results to be stated?  I thought that after they didn't call you that everything was ok, because that's how our health clinics go about business around here.  You have nothing they say nothing, but in this case they should've called or set up a meeting right? 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:17:41 pm by justakuntrygul »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Long test results...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:22:16 pm »
I can't answer for what the procedures are in your state regarding testing and notification.

As far as you bf is concerned and his status and other issues you raise, that's something for you guys to sort out together.

While I appreciate your anger at the way  that's been handled, the much more important issue right now is that you are taking proper care of your health. That means having a doctor whom you can form a good partnership with to keep you healthy and who will be monitoring your health regularly.

You are welcome to ask questions here and to discuss anything that's on your mind about dealing with having HIV in your life. It takes some adjusting but others  here have done it and will lend you support and give you informed responses.

Cheers, 

Andy Velez

Offline justakuntrygul

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 04:46:54 pm »
Is it possible for two hiv positive people to have a negative child?  I've read it somewhere and tried to explain the process to my bf.  If you know a good website that explains this please reply with the site. Thanks in advance!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 04:52:44 pm »
Yes, it is. And you can start with reading in this lesson on our site if you haven't already done so.

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/Pregnancy_4900.shtml
Andy Velez

Offline justakuntrygul

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 05:17:41 pm »
Thank you so much.  This forum is the best!!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:46:35 pm »
Just, welcome to the forums.  We have an excellent women's forum also that you are more than welcome to join in on anytime.  We're really a good bunch of ladies, trust.  I hope to hear more from you and get to know you.
   Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 11:32:04 pm »
Just,

We were given Mini's test results over the phone.  Her PID (pediatric infectious disease doctor) explained to us when Mini was tested that Doc usually has a nurse call and make an appointment so that the results are given in person.  She said, however, that if a nurse called us to make such an appointment that we'd already know Mini was a pozzie and the wait for the appointment day would be hard on us.  So, her PID called us herself with the results.  I was glad she did since it allowed me the chance to ask questions.  I'm not sure if I did or not, I don't honestly remember much passed, "Are you sitting down?  This isn't good, I'm so sorry." 

I do want to echo Betty's welcome to the forums and invitation to the Positive Women's forum.  There you will meet the best group of women from all over the world.  I hope to see you there soon.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.