Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 360
Total: 361

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very concerned...:( cant live normally till this is over...  (Read 10752 times)

Offline Brandon27

Very concerned...:( cant live normally till this is over...
« on: December 08, 2006, 08:20:39 pm »
Good evening to whom this may concern 

Hello everyone and thank you all for having me here...1st off i wanna say i have never had this type of scare in my life  iam a 21 yr old male and it is by far the most horrifying thing i have ever gone through. Here goes..me and some friends threw a house party after our parents had gone outta town in like the end of october 2006 it was suppose to be like our halloween little get together it was about 9  days before halloween anyways....we were all drinking and just having fun then i went outside with a friend to smoke a cig we were there just talking then he went in as my cell phone rang. After i hung up there was this lady there who asked me for a cig outside the complex i was tipsy so i gave her one next thing she was giving me a blowjob i did not know this women nor did i have sex or even have any type of kissing...it lasted about 10 minutes around there...she had asked me for a beer because she said her mouth was kind of dry immediately after the blowjob and that i told her i had to go i felt soo bad because i got a new girlfriend who i care about sooo much and before that i hadnt had sex since june and it was protected. Me and my gf have been having sex since july and we both got tested like nov1st  for all stds around there everything was fine HIV negative as well but i just can't stop thinking about that blowjob i didnt know this lady at all and idk if she had HIV or not what if she did???! im soo scared. I read online about some test that finds the virus in your DNA PCr i think i did immediately after i researched it about 17 days or so after that oral sex my gf paid it for me:( i waited 4 scary days for the results they finally came back negative! ::Sigh::. Ive done another antibody test for HIV at 6 weeks and like 2 days after that blowjob. I see many peoiple in here seem to have had similiar problems as mine and iam so glad to have found this website please help me guys what do you think??

Offline RapidRod

Re: Very concerned...:( cant live normally till this is over...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 08:34:09 pm »
You were never at risk and you didn't need to test. Receiving a bj is not a risk.

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 08:37:41 pm »
Are you serious!?? omg....thanks man! and i didnt see any blood on my penis or anything but what freaked me out is my gf and I always have oral sex and i was worried if they might of been a littl scathe or something that i didnt see and i kept thinking about it...so even if that lady had HIV if she gave me a blowjob i wasnt at risk????? please get back! theres no hiv in the saliva?? i think is saw a guy who works for this site as i was browsing ''HIV worker'' i think was his name saying there is no active hiv in saliva ???? and what if her mouth was dry??? like she said??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 08:49:57 pm »
Saliva inhibits the transmission of HIV, doesn't make a difference if her mouth was dry or not. You are knowledgeable enough that you can get an STD from a blowjob?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:52:35 pm by RapidRod »

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 08:53:58 pm »
Yes i already tested for all other STDs and was A ok!:) lucky me omg im soo relieved thanks a million mr rapidrod

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 06:58:43 pm »
There is some guy talking about NGU...guys does that matter if i had NGU while the girl was giving me a blowjob??? besides potentially giving it to her??

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:07:27 pm »
Tell your mind to give it a rest. Neither NGU nor anything else your mind can come up with to scare you will make any difference.

The bottom line is no one has ever become HIV infected from receiving a blowjob and you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. Really.

Give it up and get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 07:09:29 pm »
LOL damn andy you and ann just lay it down lol thnx man and to KOBE stop getting paranoid man you're scaring others with that :)

Offline Brandon27

Question!?
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 07:54:59 pm »
When someone has causes of diarrhea due to HIV like whats the difference between it being caused by hiv and it just caused by like something you ate? does it like last longer???? please respond anyone. ???

Offline J220

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 08:06:01 pm »
It's clear you're now entering that post-guilt, self-punishment phase where you are going to suspect that everything that is happening in your body is due to "hiv"...get a hold of yourself. You did not have any risk. Period.

p.s. prediction, you are going to reply "Thanks, you guys are awesome!" then, a few hours or days later you're going to write again asking if excessive yawning, or whatever, is a symptom of hiv...oh well.
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 10:38:02 pm »
J220. I totally agree and it is part of being a worry well laced with guilt.

My advice to the poster of this thread is not to concentrate on symptoms or HIV but instead concentrate on the guilt. You worry about HIV smashing your world as a sort of punishment for your activities. You have been told that HIV is not an issue here, so leave it at that. Any thought you have is based on worry from the guilt of this incident. So rather than fruitless worrying about HIV do something about the guilt. That is the true demon here, not HIV.

R
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline Brandon27

Back ladies and gents:)
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 12:53:19 am »
Hello all well ever since my problem  back like 2 months ago i decided to stumble back to this website to ask a few questions. Well iam currently working for Labcorp for my internship at school so i learned alot working there. I understand that getting a blowjob is no risk but the fact that the women that gave me a blowjob ws a complete stranger scares the hell outta me STILL. As the lovely ANN:) stated that saliva has over a dozen enzymes that nullifies the virus it is still a scary thought that HIV is seen in tears,urine,saliva. Just that thought is what scared me still... :( , so i explained all this to my internship director(Lapcorp) and he offered to give me some tests for peace of mind. So i did an antibody test at almost 8 weeks post that exposure came back negative.And i also did some nucleic test about 50 days past that incident i know you guys are gonna prolly say testing wasnt necessary but catching a cold and then after my cold having some throat irriations even made me make an appointment with an ENT this week so yea.....i just wanted to ask you guys if this WAS a risky incident would this testing be enough?? not to mention that pcr i told you guys about like 2 weeks past that incident along time ago.. Plus this testing was free ;) so i said why not i work in the damn place well thnx guys! 8).

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 09:03:42 am »
Brandon,

The window period for a genuine risk is three months. However, you did not have a risk in any way, shape or form. You are conclusively hiv negative and you do not need further testing over this no-risk incident.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Brandon27

Guys/girls i have a question(Experts)ANN,andy,RRod,CoffeeC,ETC
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:45:46 pm »
Aside from my issue that i WAS worried about im just curious i know average seroconversion is 22 days. Did it take you guys 3months or more to find out you had the virus? im just cuirous. CChick i think i just read on your posts u found out at like 3 months right?

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 02:28:35 am »
also i forgot to add when someone has an ARS fever is it possible for it only to last one day??

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 06:36:27 am »
Brandon,

We do not discuss symptoms here because they mean nothing. No two people's ARS experiences are exactly alike. The ONLY way to know your hiv status is through testing.

Getting a blowjob, no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it, is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Brandon27

New question!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 06:51:03 pm »
Ok though this was an incident that happened before the incident i stated im curious if i had prrotected sex with a prostitute around july 2006 and i did a (Blood) antibody test on November 15,2006 and another antibody test on dec11 2006(Oraquick). Should there still be a concern ??? as far as being past 3 months...i was thinking about it last nite so i wNted to make sure so??. Ive been healthy my whole life...no serious illnesses or complications...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 07:04:20 pm »
You did not have a risk. You said you had protected sex. Did you read the transmission link in the "Welcome" thread?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 04:59:37 am »
Brandon,

Even if you'd had UNprotected intercourse with the sex worker, you are conclusively hiv negative from that encounter.

And getting a blowjob is NOT a risk, so you ARE hiv negative.

We take your health seriously too - we wouldn't lie to you about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 05:07:08 pm »
ANN,

Thanks ann you're so helpful seriously.....well aside frm that i woke up this morning and i noticed that there were some white patches in the back of my throat... do you guys have any idea what it might be?? im going to my doc monday to get it checked but just wanna see what you guys thought it was??? its like 3 white patches my throat doesnt hurt or nothing and swallowing is fine ONLY thing is i was diagnosed bout a 1week ago with Acid Reflux and im taking nexium for it do you guys think it could be cause of that????   

Thanks again you guys.:)

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 08:11:54 pm »
We can't diagnose symptoms over the internet.  The best thing to do would be to discuss with your doctor your symptoms at your appointment Monday so that he/she could decide face to face what it is. 
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 04:37:06 pm »
Hello all well i had my doc appt today they did an oral culture on me. The doc said it looked viral like a little white patch on my tonsils soo we'll see whats up. They drew blood as well for mononucelosis and my free b extra was for HIV as well since im past the window period at 86 days since that incident. They said it doesnt look like strep either because strep HURTS and i have no pain and thrush neither. ::Thinks what the hell could it be!:::: lol:). Thoughts?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 05:09:48 pm »
What ever your symptoms are, are unrelated to HIV.

Offline Brandon27

Curious question
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
Well this website has been really helpful and im sure i can speak for manyyyy hell TONS but im just curious bout something. The health clinic that i had 1st tested from had a poster that said ''Kissing from hiv yes its true!''. If HIV isnt transmittable through Saliva then why do they pout these things up on there clinics i mean like wow...seriously???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 09:34:10 pm »
Like wow, who knows. Just like, why don't websites keep there information up to date?

Offline Brandon27

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 09:38:35 pm »
I don't know if you've realized it yet rapidrod but you like to give this type of personality as a sarcastic individual you can simply say cuz info was outdated or because there speaking theoritically idk but i mean seriously...is the sarcasm really necessary....??

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 09:48:51 pm »
I responded in the manner inwhich you asked the question.

Offline Brandon27

R E S U L T S!
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 12:24:33 pm »
Hello alllll well just here to report my results the HIV Elisa test at 12 weeks 2 days NEGATIVE duh! lol yea yea so i was a worrywart for worrying so much but anyhow and my throat culture  was all negative as well no thrush nor strep so idk WTF! those little white spots were on my tonsils and they have practically vanished it was never painful thoughts? well God bless and thanks you all for putting up with my crap lol haha :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.