Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 371
Total: 371

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: African Sex Worker, unprotected oral / possible vaginal ?  (Read 66930 times)

Offline fivecantonas

Re: African Sex Worker, unprotected oral / possible vaginal ?
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2006, 09:20:40 am »
I have made another appointment at local GUM clinic, (next week) I examined myself this morning and from what I can see they look more like blisters, must be around x50 in a line all around penis head...A VERY WORRIED FIVE...

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2006, 09:24:22 am »
Forgot to add they are very small, i.e. pin head size...

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2006, 09:56:25 am »
Ann / anyone who knows of this condition?

I called back my GUM clinic as I realised I did not give the all the details on my first call, i.e. more than x50 of these small cyst like pimples in a two / three ringed line around the head of my penis, (between shaft and tip) and they have said much more likely to be "pearly penile papules" now I am more than confused? (I am still keeping the test next Monday to make sure). Nurse said it would be a horrendous case of herpes to have so many blisters and not very likely.

Is this an STD or something anyone has heard of? I am sure this post may be of use to other forum users if they have similar symptoms...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2006, 11:18:11 am »
Five,

Look mate, I'm sure you know how to use a search engine as well as I do. Don't you think if it were an STD, the nurse would have said? None of this has anything to do with hiv anyway.

The bottom line as far as this forum is concerned is that you are unlikely going to test anything other than hiv negative when you get your conclusive result. Until then, your time would be better spent doing something constructive and interesting, rather than inspecting your penis every chance you get. OK?

Now go do something that doesn't involve the computer or hiv internet sites.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2006, 10:45:02 am »
Quick update to my thread, second set of STD clinic tests came back today all NEGATIVE, (this is at ten weeks post exposure) - my conclusive HIV test has been booked for the 18th September I will give a final update then...

Ann thanks for all your advice and support to date, (also the other experts who have posted on my thread)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2006, 12:01:54 pm »
No surprise with that happy test result. I certainly expect more of the same when you do the 13 week test.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2006, 06:04:26 am »
Andy:

I read someones thread, (realise this is not supposed to be common practice) that claims to have been infected by unprotected oral, as I 100% know I received unprtoected oral from a sex worker should I re-evaluate my risk?

Thanks in advance, Five.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2006, 06:47:19 am »
You don't need to re-evaluate your risk, no matter what is said in other forums.

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 05:13:42 am »
Experts?

If you are familiar with my thread you will know I have a "conclusive test" scheduled at 12 weeks post exposure, like most WW I have done my own research as well and have become confused regarding the window period - the day after my final test I go on holiday and I am hoping this is the start to a new chapter in my life.

In the two posts below one from the CDC and one from the "Welcome Thread" the percentage figures do not state 100% conclusively at the three month stage.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa9.htm, (97% in three months)
https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/hiv-testing, (99% in three months)

Can anyone advise? 3 out of a 100 and 1 out of a 100 is not exactly conclusive I am now thinking maybe I should wait for another couple of months and re-schedule a test then?

Thanks, Five.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:58:05 am by iana5252 »

Offline fred

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2006, 05:39:24 am »
Sent you a PM

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2006, 05:52:51 am »
Fred,

Please tell me you're not giving advice by PM . . .

MtD

Offline fred

« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2006, 06:06:14 am »
Matt,

No not really advice.... I just said that...

if you guys didn't believe in three months you wouldn't use it as guidance and neither would;

the Terence Higgins Trust
the National Health Service
the British Association For Sexual Health & HIV

And if the guideline were found to be flawed it would have been highighted by now, given that this has been the guideline for the past 10 years in the UK and has not been found wanting.

Both Five & I are in the UK

It's not advice, it's support.

I am hardly equipped to advise...I can't even advise myself  :-\
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 06:11:57 am by fred »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2006, 06:16:04 am »
That's cool Fred. It's generally better that advice/support is given publicly. That way we can be sure everyone's singing off the same page. ;)

MtD

Offline fred

« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2006, 06:17:08 am »
OK.

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2006, 05:43:56 am »
Matty:

Do you support these statements?

Only reason I ask is that I get an 11 week result today and counselor has told me if its negative I can cancel my twelve week test in light of four tests now @ 4 / 7 / 9 / 11 weeks all testing for HIVI/HIVII/P24 Antigen after a single exposure with an unknown status sex worker.

Infact he has said I can look forward to unprotected sex again with my wife this evening !!

regards, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2006, 07:15:57 am »
Five,

I support your doctor's statements and I'm quite sure Matty does too.

You need to keep in mind that you only remember protected intercourse. You're only thinking there MIGHT have been unprotected later on in your evening. To be honest, I really doubt the woman would have allowed this to happen. After all, she (as the receptive partner) would be MUCH more at risk than you during unprotected intercourse. I really think you've been worrying yourself over a no-risk incident.

It's time to accept that you did not become infected with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 08:36:55 am »
As Ann says, I am in complete agreement with your doctor Five.

MtD
(Who has no doubt Five's doctor will be relieved to hear it) ;D

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 11:55:41 am »
Ann / Matty:

Firstly thanks for all your support to date, (I donated £100 to my local AIDS centre today - Body Postive who I know do an excellent job of supporting people with HIV - volunteers like yourselves - they have also helped me during this stressful time).

I will of course take all your advice and share it with my friends as I think so many people are still mis-educated on HIV + STD transmission.

Now on to my case:

Just collected my results, 11 WEEK HIVI/HIVII/P24 ANTIGEN TEST.....NEGATIVE !! Doctor has kept me penciled in for the 18th, (which would be 12 WEEKS three days since my risk) but he has asked I give it some thought as others would benefit from my appointment and they are very stretched at the moment.

Considering my exposure and four 4th Gen tests to date:

1) Do you think I can take this current test as 100%, or would you keep the appointment on the 18th September?
2) If YES to the above is it safe to have unprotected sex with my wife again?

best regards, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 12:37:30 pm »
Five,

Yes (you're negative) and yes!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2006, 04:30:59 am »
Ann / Experts:

I made a pact that once I got past 11 weeks I would go the doctors and explain my symptoms to make sure I had no other illness that was causing my sore throat, stiff neck, white tongue etc. Looks like I have a viral infection and have been prescribed one week course of antibiotics to clear it up...

Would a viral infection delay a positive result ?
Can I still be 100% certain with my negative result - unfortunately GP was not sure !

Thanks, Five.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:34:06 am by fivecantonas »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2006, 04:55:01 am »
Five,

A viral infection will not delay seroconversion.

Antibiotics do absolutely nothing for a viral infection and if you infection IS viral, you're wasting your time taking them. Antibiotics only work on bacterial infections.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2006, 08:56:03 am »
Thanks Ann, doc said I may have some bacterial infection, so anti-biotics where just to make sure this would clear up if there was...

To be honest these days I think its par for the course, weeks worth of AB's and on your way !

Anyway either way all I wanted to know was that my 11 week negative can be accepted regardless of other infections.

Held off on the unportected sex with the misses last night - I think I need a few days to let my last results sink in.

Cheers, Five.

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2006, 05:47:43 am »
Ann:

I have not plucked up the courage to cancel my 12 week test and need to decide tomorrow.....do you see any point in keeping the appointment?

Its just that my last test was at 75 days and I know that the official window period is 12 weeks in UK, (84 days). Is this more of a safety net or is there still a possibility that I could test positive if I go for the test at 84 days?

Thanks, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2006, 05:54:59 am »
five,

You only need that twelve week test if it is the only way you can let this thing go.

You don't have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2006, 02:09:12 pm »
Ann:

As always thanks for taking the time to ease an anxiety driven soul, (I do realise that this is not the purpose of this forum). This was some further advice I received recently, do you agree with the principal?

I suspect that one of the things worrying you is that you believe one of the following;

a) your body is not producing any antibodies
b) your body is not producing sufficient antibodies to detect on a test

You do realise don't you that the 4th Gen test checks for P24 antigen as well and, that if your body was slow, or non-existent, in producing antibodies, the level of viral replication would be through the roof, which would mean massive amounts of p24 protein in the blood. So even though the Ab part of the test would be negative, the Ag part would be positive, particularly at 11 weeks !

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 03:19:35 am »
Can any of the experts help with this queston?

Thanks, Five.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2006, 03:56:02 am »
Five,

This is getting silly. You don't have HIV, something that we've told you on numerous occasions. It's time for you to move on and get some help from a mental health professional with this stuff.

MtD

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2006, 05:26:42 am »
Matty:

I appreciate your time and responses and I realise I may need to discuss this further with a mental health professional, but what confuses me is that I have been told I am negative @ 11 weeks, when window period here in UK is 12? Also from the start of my posts here all the experts have said you MUST confirm with a test at 12 weeks.

I think I will keep my 12 week test next week and post the results so all other readers can see the outcome.

regards, Five.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 05:45:18 am by fivecantonas »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2006, 06:07:18 am »
Five,

Fine, test at 12 weeks. An 11 week test is really a case of all but. The issue in this case is not the window period. It's that you don't have HIV. Therefore whether you test at 11, 12, or 3000 weeks the result will be the same.

Negative.

But don't take my word for it kid, allow me to quote Goderator Ann, to wit:

You don't have hiv.

I've been giving advice here for a while now and I've seen cases like yours before. You'll collect your 12 week negative and then you'll start fretting because in America "the window period is 13 weeks!" and you'll start wondering if you should test again.

And again, and again, and again.

Do yourself and everyone else a favour. See a mental health professional. Prove me wrong.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2006, 07:45:19 am »
Five,

Personally, I've never seen a poster in this forum who went on to test positive after having a negative result at six weeks. You've tested with state of the art tests, including the p24, and if you were infected, you would have tested positive by now.

You had protected intercourse. This is not a risk for hiv infection. The only unprotected intercourse you had with the sex worker is simply a product of your fevered imagination.

You do not have hiv. Test at twelve weeks if you need to for your own peace of mind to see that final negative result. Accept the results and then please, give your GUM clinic a break and stop wasting their resources. OK? You're hiv negative, really you are.

And by the way, you're earning yourself time-out points. Just sayin...

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2006, 03:07:09 pm »
Sorry Ann / MTD after all the help you have given me last thing I want to do is waste your time and get your back-up...

I do not have the courage to cancel my 12 week test, (despite your re-assurance) I will post the results for the other users - then I am done with testing and reading internet forums - WELL RESULT PENDING !

Thanks again, FIVE.  ;)

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2006, 11:28:10 am »
Hi Ann:

I just got NEGATIVE 12 week result, (this test was rapid test for HIV I/II) I think I can finally put this exposure behind me...

regards, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2006, 11:47:43 am »
No, really? You're joking! Whoda thunk it?

Five,

You are conclusively negative. Keep using those condoms and you will stay that way. Come back here and start questioning your negative results and I'll swim over to Old Blighty and kick some arse.

Now go play some footie or something - it's a beautiful day out and we won't have too many of those left this year.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It REALLY is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2006, 12:13:11 pm »

Thanks Ann, bl*ody nurse at the clinic told me to use condoms with my wife for the next three months though just to be sure !!

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2006, 07:39:15 pm »
Experts:

Is this woman for real telling me to use condoms with my wife for the next three months?

Thanks in advance, Five.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2006, 07:46:23 pm »
Now what did she post? Does it say anywhere for you to use a condom with your wife? What she said is, if you are still going to continue with cheating on your wife then make sure you use a condom.

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2006, 07:49:36 pm »
Rod:

You misunderstand I am talking about the nurse at the clinic, it was her who advised me to be safe with for my wife for the next three months and return for a FINAL test...I have never seen the same nurse / doctor twice and they al tell you diferent things, the only consistent information I have received is from this site.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2006, 07:52:25 pm »
How long you been here? What is the time frame of a conclusive test? I'm sure you know the answer. YOU'RE NEGATIVE ....PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2006, 08:12:02 am »
Ann:

I realise this post is likely to result in a time out, but might not be a bad thing for me anyway !!

Do you agree with Rod that this nurse has given me outdated information, I so want to throw away the boxes of condoms I have stacked up in our bedroom...

I never intend to cheat on my wife again so from your advice to me I do not need to be using them after this incident any longer?

regards, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2006, 08:28:49 am »
Five,

Nurses are human too and sometimes they allow their own feelings to come into what they do and say in their job. I strongly suspect this is what happened here. There was no reason for her to say that other than these two possibilities: One, she is misinformed. Two, she wants to make you sweat because you cheated on your wife.

Take your pick.

Whatever the reason for her comment, there is no basis for it in scientific fact. You are hiv negative and therefore you cannot infect your wife. Just make sure you use condoms if you stray again.

You are hiv negative. It's time you moved on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2006, 03:15:57 pm »
Ann, (+ all the other experts who have been kind enough to give me the benefit of their advice)

I have decided enough is enough I need to except my negative status and the fact that the Window Period in the UK has been clearly defined as 12 weeks for the last ten years has to be taken into context.

Everyone here tells me my test is conclusive, so does my doctor and also the THT, (respected hotline in the UK).

I would like to apologise for my ridiculous anxiety and hope others can take solice from my thread?

If I do seroconvert at 6 months / 12 months then I am a first in the UK since new testing was introduced, and from what I now know I am sure that I really do have more chance of playing for England in the World Cup !! I also aim to prove Matty wrong by taking NO more tests !!

The fact that I am surfing this forum on a Saturday night while my wife is out with her friends is enough to tell me I need to move on...

If anyone has any final comments please feel free to post?

TTFN, Five.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 03:17:30 pm by fivecantonas »

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2006, 01:41:57 pm »
** FOR ALL OTHER UK WW USING RAPID TESTS **

I received my 12 week NEGATIVE last week Friday 15th September but the clinic could not answer some of my questions relating to 'Rapid Testing' and sub-types - so they kindly requested the manufacturer to post me some details...

I received an information pack today from the Canadian Laboratory, (bio-lytical) who manufacture and supply all the Rapid Tests used in the UK, which details an independent report from the FDA stating that at 3 months the rapid test is considered as accurate as an ELISA test for detecting ALL HIVI sub-types, (including O) and HIVII.

"Although the test cannot differentiate between HIVI/HIVII its not important, if its reactive your positive, if its non-reactive your NEGATIVE"

"any positive test will however need to be followed up by standard ELISA testing"

These are not my personal opinions, and I hope the moderators do not mind me posting this information, but I found it good to know.

Hope this helps someone out there....

http://www.biolytical.com/

regards, Five.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 03:29:38 pm by fivecantonas »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2006, 05:01:40 pm »
You said that if a positive test it needs to be confirmed by a standard ELISA test. I didn't see that at all. We aready confirm a positive ELISA test with a Western Blot test.

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2006, 05:47:11 pm »
Rod:

Hope I have not caused any confusion, main point I wanted to share with other readers was that these tests cover ALL sub-types and both HIV strains...

The documentation basically says that a positive test means that follow-up further blood tests are needed, but with a negative you are "good to go"

Thanks, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2006, 06:34:19 pm »
Five,

You are hiv negative. It's time for you to move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2006, 01:04:28 pm »
Ann:

Turns out there is a slight twist in the tale, the guy who I went to the World Cup with confirmed to me today that I did have UNPROTECTED SEX on the night in question all be it brief, he claims he did not want to tell me until I was confirmed NEGATIVE - he thought he was doing me a favour as he knows what a stress head I am normally...as you can imagine we have had a bit of a fall out...

Does this change the validity of my results in any way, as I know some people often compare ACTUAL risk with results?

Should I test again in a few weeks to be well over the three month mark? When I phoned the GUM clinic today they said this does change things slightly and they have agreed to book me a test @ 15 weeks !

By the way I had first session of unprotected intercourse with my wife last night after convincing myself I was NEGATIVE !!

regards, Five - back to a ridiculous state of anxiety...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 01:38:26 pm by fivecantonas »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2006, 02:05:30 pm »
Five,

How on earth would this guy know? Sounds to me like someone is trying to wind you up.

Your three month test is still absolutely conclusive. Why wouldn't it be? Whoever told you that at the clinic needs to refresh their hiv testing knowledge.

You are hiv negative. Period. End of story.

You are headed for a time out if you continue to use this site to wring your hands over your conclusive hiv negative test result. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2006, 12:08:46 pm »
Ann:

I am on holiday in Malta and yesterday developed a really nasty rash on my side from my waist up to my armpit, maybe 10 - 20 red marks. I am so worried is there any chance whatsoever this could be the onset of ARS?

I have been having unprotected sex for several days with my wife and cannot get over the fact this might be the start of seroconversion illness.

Can you advise?

Thanks, Five.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2006, 12:14:10 pm »
Five,

This is your absolute last time-out warning. You are hiv negative, conclusively so, no kidding. If you cannot accept your hiv negative status, then it's time to get some counseling over this hiv anxiety obsession of yours.

Your test results are conclusive. You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline fivecantonas

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2006, 06:24:57 am »
Ann:

Thanks for the response, I appreciate I am testing your patience, but this rash has now progressed to both my legs and back and arms and I must have over 100 raised non-itchy bumps now on my body, I feel OK physically but mentally a mess.

Its not a case of not wanting to accept my negative status because I really want to, but this seems so co-incidental its making me put 2+2 together.

This morning my wife has woken up with the start of the same rash maybe 20 - 30 raised bumps, and here I am sneaking about MALTA to find an Internet Cafe....I keep trying to tell myself they must be bites or something but the local pharmacy even advised does not look like bites and the absence of itching would also strongly indicate against this...

Is there any chance whatsoever this could be start of ARS at 13 weeks post exposure?

regards, Five, (LOST IN MALTA)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.