Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:43:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Research Karolinska Inst-HIV Anxiety and Adherence: Approved to post by Tim Horn  (Read 6551 times)

Offline vinoth_15586

INVITATION TO JOIN OUR PROJECT

Hi, my name is Vinoth Manoharan, research assistant at the Karolinska Institutet (Stockholm, Sweden). In this research project, we aim to examine the use of HIV-related forums and social networking sites by people living with HIV and who are already on antiretroviral therapy.
If you agree to participate in this study, you click on the link at the end of this text and you will be sent to an online survey, composed of 10-12 questions that ask about your use of HIV-related online support groups, adherence to antiretroviral therapy, and your level of anxiety. We estimate duration of less than 5 minutes to fill out the survey.
Participation in this survey is voluntary and anonymous. No personal information will be collected from you and no online tracking will be used to identify you. You may stop participating at any time if you do not want to continue with the survey. All information collected during the course of the study will be completely confidential. This study has been approved by the Regional Ethics Committee in Sweden and by the moderator/administrator of this forum.
If you have any questions regarding the study you can contact me at vinoth.manoharan.889@student.ki.se or you can phone me at any time: +46-73-5565892
If you accept the invitation to participate in this study, please click on this link:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/247921/hiv-and-anxiety

Vinoth Manoharan      
Karolinska Institutet                                

Ziad El-Khatib
MSc, PhD student
Karolinska Institutet      

Rolf Wahlström
Associate professor
Division of Global Health (IHCAR)
Department of Public Health Sciences
Karolinska Institutet

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:02:56 am by vinoth_15586 »

Offline Tim Horn

Re: Research Karolinska Institute - HIV Anxiety and Adherence
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:58 am »
Hi Everyone...

I just wanted to let everyone know that the moderators approved this survey plug from the Karolinska Institute. Personally, I'm hoping you guys will consider participating. Not only would it be a really great display of AIDSmeds forums participation, its an important study that may potentially underscore the value of online communities such as this.

The Karolinska Institute has done some tremendous work in HIV and has published numerous articles on the pathogenesis, treatment and prevention of the virus and its complications -- it has also generated some really strong papers focusing on the social aspects of living with HIV.

The survey is short and won't take more than a few minutes.

Thanks everyone,

Tim

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:32:29 am »

I completed the survey.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:41:31 am »
Done.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Vinoth and Tim, thanks for placing this study here, and I did fill it out.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
I think I went to a party at the Karolinska Institutet back in the late 80's when I visited my senior year high school prom date.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GNYC09

Done. thanks for this.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Done.

MtD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
done  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline kev72

All done

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Done.

Offline Jody

I completed the survey, hope it helps...It may have been more helpful in one way if the survey regarding missing meds wasn't just limited to the past month when my adherence has been perfect.  I would have been able to respond to why I missed my regimen at one time or another during my 15 years on various regimens, such as gastrointestinal problems, frustration, being out and just forgetting or merely just to see what could possibly happen to me if I went a period of time off meds.  

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline StacheBC

• Hello
Done

BUMP.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
It may have been more helpful in one way if the survey regarding missing meds wasn't just limited to the past month when my adherence has been perfect.

Jody

Same here.  That question could have been asked differently.  I haven't missed any meds in the past month, but I have missed occasionally since starting meds in 2003.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline vinoth_15586

Thanks to all of you who participated in the survey and a special wishes to Tim Horn for his efforts.

The survey will continue for 3 more weeks, so if you haven't participated in it or abandoned it last week, please follow the link and complete it, to help the research.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/247921/hiv-and-anxiety

Jody and J.R.E: We are looking at the adherence and anxiety levels only for the past month. If you have taken all your pills for the last month, Chances are higher that you are able to influence your adherence to ART.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 04:52:04 pm by vinoth_15586 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Done.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
done...
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.