Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:11:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 610
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I think i have LGE  (Read 5651 times)

Offline ale82

I think i have LGE
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »
Hi All

Firstly thanks for your time on this it is greatly appreciated.

i have done a lot of reading on this forum (and everywhere else) before i became sexually active i was always of the thoght that as long as you wrap up for intercourse you will be fine.
Hand on heart i can honestly say all my virginal sexploits have involved a condom as have most of my oral. As i am so worried about getting STD's/I's i won't even perform cunnalingus on the partner (selfish i know but thats me). This is how cautious i am.

So in theory i belive i should be ok where HIV is concerned i only recently started to really panic when i seemed to of developed gingivitas, i went to my dentist who did a deep clean for me, and said see you in six monnths "normal right" only when the top right  of my gums appear to have a red band which i believe is 1 of the earliest indications of infection.

My question is can this possibly be anything else and also i am worried that as i have never had sex without a condom i wouldn't realise the difference should it have broken. Could this of happened? I don't recall any being in bits afterwards though. Oh and i don't drink either so never had a drunken fumble so memory on that is quite clear lol

Basically do i have a risk of HIV infection if i hae been careful?

Sorry to be a pain i'm reading this back before i post it and i know i sound like an idiot but i don't know how else to word it

Thanks again for your time

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: I think i have LGE
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »
If you use a condom for penetrative intercourse, you will not have to worry about HIV infection. Period. You'e done that. You therefore are not at any risk for HIV.

Even if you perform cunnilingus. Which you should do from time to time, by the way.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ale82

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:48:03 pm »
Thanks JK

So I might be worrying needlessly but still worried all be it a tiny bit

As I said I try and be very careful but in regards to condom breakage could it go unnoticed?

You know I think I might start to do that I'd it is no risk.  :)

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:40:05 pm »
Thanks JK

So I might be worrying needlessly but still worried all be it a tiny bit

As I said I try and be very careful but in regards to condom breakage could it go unnoticed?

You know I think I might start to do that I'd it is no risk.  :)

Condoms are designed to fail spectacularly. Think of a miniature hula skirt at the base of your penis. The mold is dipped twice, at two 45 degree angles, to minimize any risk of horizontal or vertical tearing as well as smaller holes. When the latex is stressed beyond the breaking point, it is designed to burst rather than tear.

This makes a broken condom easy to spot, and an easy situation to fix.

And, as for cunnilingus, ask yourself why there isn't a vibrant lesbian HIV community.

(hint: because cunnilingus is not a risk for HIV infection)
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline ale82

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 09:19:20 am »
So essentially if it had broken then it would fall down from the top rather than tear/brake and stay on with a hole or 2, kind of?

The reason i ask is cos i am not so much worried about the sides of the condom but rather the tip that covers the urethra, which is the important part right?

And i just have 1 question in regards to receiving a blow job i know you all say his is in no way a HIV risk but i just wanted to run this past you anyway.The very first 1 i ever got a little while ago now but i remember it hurting whilst she was doing it in particular on 1 side of it (i didn't know it wasn't meant to be like that i'd never had 1 before lol) but the following day it would hurt not when i urinated but when that side came into contact with something namely my boxer shorts  this lasted for about 2 days and i was i fine after that, i presumed this was not an STI because it came on less than 24hrs afterwards and i had no previous sexual activity to say it was from another encounter.

What i would like your opinion on this is could she of put enough siliva down my urethra to infect me or blood if she happened to have bleeding gums (even just a little) , i don't believe there was blood in her mouth or anything but you never know.

I am circumsized by dunno if that may or not make a difference.

Again really sorry for sounding like an idiot but couldn't think of another way to put it and thanks again for taking the time to respond
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:22:52 am by ale82 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 09:31:00 am »
With regard to risk and getting a blowjob, you're talking about one of the most common of sexual activities. And in the entire history of the epidemic, there has never been a single confirmed case of transmission to a guy in that manner. It doesn't matter what details you throw into the mix, you are not going to make history by become the first to become infected in that manner.

You are worrying needlessly. Get on with your life and keep those condoms handy for vaginal and anal intercourse. That's the way to be well protected sexually against HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline ale82

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:49 am »
JK and Andy thanks for your replys

Just 1 last post, i promise to disappear... until my next worrisome situation  :-[

In regards to a broken condom essentially if it had broken then it would fall down from the top rather than tear/brake and stay on with a hole or 2, kind of?

Is this assumption correct?

I ask this because the main situation that worries me around this is I had just ejaculated into a condom and when the girl got off of me the condom looked rather deflated wrinkled etc (I am guessing /hoping this was because i no longer had an erection) so to speak but was still up and around my penis couldn't see the top properly as i was lying on my back, and she got rid of it before i could take a look at the whole thing

This event and the 1 in my previous post are my only incidents that concern me only for the reasons described within the posts

Also  i know i should get tested regularly anyhow but specifically would you recommend testing for HIV based on the thread.

Many thanks in advance for your response(s)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:43:51 am by ale82 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:07:07 am »
You continue to make this way more complicated than you need to.

A blowjob with or without a condon is not a risk for HIV transmission. Period.

Andy Velez

Offline ale82

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:01 am »
Andy

I understand regarding the blow job and i fully accept what you advised, my other concern as in my post earlier today was 1 other incident involving a protected virginal intercourse episode, i am trying to understand if the condom had broke or not based on the description i gave about the way it looked when the girl got off of me. Thats it really.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:06 am »
Andy

I understand regarding the blow job and i fully accept what you advised, my other concern as in my post earlier today was 1 other incident involving a protected virginal intercourse episode, i am trying to understand if the condom had broke or not based on the description i gave about the way it looked when the girl got off of me. Thats it really.
Had the condom failed you would have known without a doubt. You do not have an HIV concern.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 09:23:07 am »
Ale, when a condom fails it's very clear that has happened. It's not about itty bitty little holes as some people fear. The whole thing goes and ends up looking like a hoop with fringe on the penis.

You are worrying needlessly.
Andy Velez

Offline ale82

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »
Thank you all of you

Am i haen't seen a friged hoop yet so i will safley assumpe that they have remained in tact (lucky i guess)

I will be getting tested as a routine, bit scared as i haven't done so before but your assesments have reassured me that it would be unlickly not to come back as negative.

Thanks again

Offline ale82

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 06:34:21 pm »
Hi All

just have a quick question. I know my own situation only act without protection has been getting a blowjobjob, including 1 very painful 1 Ouch!!! so technically i should not be worried about HIV but i am so much and this is because i have seen on forums like this (great forum by the way) and others about testing positive even though condoms were always used for penatrative sex. Why is this? It seems to go against advice given in this section.

Again sorry if this comes across wrong go any way as i said i an just worried

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 07:06:57 pm »
Someone may claim to have been infected even though intercourse was protected. For a lot of reasons people often don't remember what happened or are reluctant to acknowledge what actually occured.

If you search on the web I can guarantee you that you will find lots to scare yourself with and all to no good purpose.

Instead of looking for trouble by surfing the web, let's stick to the details of your situation. Which is one without risk and I certainly expect you to get a happy test result.
Andy Velez

Offline ale82

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 04:26:31 pm »
hello again All

my situation remains the same in that i have no had any unprotected intercourse but i have had 2 separate insertive oral episodes, have been trying to get to the clinic for a STI panel but thats a story for another day. My question is

I know you all say that insertive oral sex carries no risk of HIV i just would like an opinion on the fact that although my only STI/D risk is unprotected blowjobs if i have contracted any other STI that i may not currently be aware of does receiving oral sex put me at a higher if any risk of HIV if the girl performing it has the virus?

Thank you for taking the time to respond

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 04:58:11 pm »
No it doesn't increase your zero risk.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:10 pm »
I am honestly baffled. How must I assemble the words in order for you to comprehend?

Insertive oral sex has NEVER been implicated in HIV transmission.

It is NOT risky

You had NO RISK.

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.