Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:55:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 648
Total: 648

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: stuff (how original)  (Read 2607 times)

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
stuff (how original)
« on: December 09, 2006, 02:32:17 pm »
I finally decided that paying market value rent to my ex weren’t a viable proposition - this week, Operation House-Sale began. Succession of potential buyers, & estate agents with shockingly bad ties been trooping through my home since Monday. Apart from one couple (very horsey, all seagull voices & muttering about knocking down walls etc) they have all been quite nice. Returned home this am from a  very cold, slow shuffling trip to the park , & someone’s put an offer in - full asking price too. Me, strangely, promptly dissolved into tears - estate agent now thinks I’m quite mad. Daft, really, the getting upset - it is just stuff, just 4 walls & a roof.

I will be moving in with my brother for a while, till I work out what I’m doing next.. This will mean enduring not only his general disregard for personal hygiene/cleanliness, but also the overly tactile, turquoise eye-shadowed Girl From Del Monte (Daddy, is big in the fruit world) Otherwise, it should be fine.

Still signed off work, till January, when occ health will review my capability - or lack thereof. In the meantime, I am going quietly mad. Have regained some co-ordination and strength which the stroke had affected. Now just kinda drop things, and generally gimp around a bit. Mentally, I haven’t really seen much change. I forget silly things, on a regular basis. Like, what things are called, where I am, the ability to recognise people I’ve known for years. This is quite frightening ,distressing when it happens - some days are fine, others, i am a mess.  Difficult to engage with people at the moment too - there are about 3 people I feel ok being around, other than that, best hermit impression, withdrawn.

I think people (friends) get bored, tired, lose interest with illness anyway - I’m not up to doing much, as my energy levels are still pants, & conversations not exactly sparkling either. Is very hard for me to ask for help, to admit I’m struggling , feel lost - not something that most of my friends are used to hearing from me, really. Hence, easier just to sort of retreat.

Latest numbers: cd4 30, 4% (ta, mr dexamethasone) vl - 14,800.
Week just gone, dropped a few more arv's due to  liver & kidney stuff -now just (reduced dose) boosted tmc-114 + ftc . Won’t be eligible for maraviroc trial, as I don’t currently meet the trial criteria (ccr5/clinically stable etc) & it don’t look like I can do MK-0158 with the current trial design either (hepatits, n again, fall at the clinically stable gate) So, just gonna have to use this as a (hopefully) short term strategy. At least I don’t have to jab myself with t-20 anymore.

happier stuff - all 11 orchids are doing well; I have 2 pairs of v. nice new trainers; gwen stefani’s new album is good - different, but good (No Doubt, still better though)  :)

Kate

Offline Longislander

Re: stuff (how original)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 03:23:52 pm »
Hi Kate,
Wow, that was a fast sale, but you still have closing time, right? Definitely thinking of staying with your brother as a temporary stopover will help you deal with it. Sounds lovely~

Moving is a stressful thing, so those shuffles to the park will probable prove invaluable during the process.

I wish you all the best.
Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Cliff

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 03:28:14 pm »
oh my Kate.  I didn't realize things were this bad.  I can't believe you think G. Stefani's album is good.  Someone please get this woman to the hospital.

In all seriousness.  I'm never sure what to say re these things.  Not paying market rates to the ex is a good, but admittedly difficult move.  But thankfully the process is not dragging on and on (a testament to the strength of the London market).

Good luck with the teenage bachelor pad and I hope for a continued speedy recovery with the mental/memory stuff.  If you're ever in the deep hermit stage and need some assistance round the house (from someone with good hygiene)....drop me a note.  It's not a bother, at all.

Cliff

P.S.- I'm saddened that Stefani has put out an album that is so much like the rest of the stuff that's out there.  I have a hard time telling the difference between her new work, Fergie's mess, Nelly Furtardo, Black Eye Peas (Wind it Up sounds an awful lot like My Humps), Pussy Cat Dolls (aka 25 members, 1 singer), etc...  Though I do agree that Stefani needs to get back with No Doubt.  Maybe it's less money (post allocation).  But the music is much better.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:30:28 pm by Cliff »

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 11:11:31 am »
thanks guys.
house offer is now looking bit shaky..in the uk, nothing is legally binding till contracts are exchanged - a daft situation which gives people a lot of time and opportunity to mess around. Guess we'll just have to wait & see.
In the meantime, the stuff i want from the house is being packed up this week, most to go into storage for a bit. Decided, after talking to a very wise man last night, that it ain't my responsibility to deal with the consequences of ex-girl's actions - if she wants the house sold, she needs to be involved in sorting it out.

went for a liver scan thingy this morning, yet more blood to the vampires, + a shot of morphine s.  & some procrit for good measure.
came home, curled up in favourite blanket, & slept.

kate

Offline Christine

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:50:58 pm »
Hi Kate,
I am sorry things are not going well right now. It's not crazy at all to be emotional over moving. It is very stressful. The last time I moved, I sat in the kitchen and cried almost all day long. Me and the boxes, and the dogs.

I am not one who asks for help either. I am usually the one who gives the help, but with this past year being so difficult, I had to ask for help. It gets easier after a couple of times.

Ask your friends when you need help. They probably will not completely understand how hard it is to deal with an illness, but when you can get a little help it makes things a bit easier to deal with.

Hang in there. Sending you good thoughts and prayers your way.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:16:18 pm »
Hello Kate...

It is a GOOD thing that you were able to locate a buyer for your property in this market today. Also, with your brother, it is only a temporary situation with him and her as you regroup in order to relocate to a different place to live.

I am sending you some positive thoughts as well as some sincere prayers of support for you as you go through this transitional period in your life. I also pray that you can get adjusted with a med regimen that will work best for you.

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... cause it is all within you to WIN!"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.