Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:21:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773455
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 412
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 271
Total: 271

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: What is the risk of my HIV transmission?very worried!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9345 times)

Offline nickdeep

Two weeks before,i took a hand job from a sex worker in a open area,during this job my penis was little wounded by my trouser's zip,(A tick of cut & a small blood point on the spot of wound).I observe the sex worker about 15 minutes before i started the job.In this period she did not work with other clients.There are any risk for hiv for me?I don't know about her hiv status(assume she is possetive)& also dont know exactly her hand's condition.Please reply me quickly.iam very much worried.What the chance to aqured the virus.Many says that if she had blood in her hand and touched my wound then it possible. ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: What is the risk of my HIV transmission?very worried!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:06:28 am »
Nick, you are worrying needlessly. There was absolutely no risk of HIV transmission in the incident you have described. Zero risk.

No matter what spin you put on masturbation, it is not a risk for HIV. HIV is a fragile virus and sexually requires the kind of receptive setting which only unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse provide.

The rest of your conjecturing is really all about what ifs -- i.e. what if she is HIV+, (and you incorrectly presume that simply because she's a sex worker she is +) and what if her hand was bleeding -- and it wouldn't have mattered even if she had been although it hardly seems likely she would have been masturbating you with a freshly wounded hand.

No, to me this seems that it is really all about anxiety about the sexual experience and your simply not knowing the basics of how transmission takes place. Read our lesson on transmission if you haven't already done so. There's a link to it in the welcome thread which opens this section.

You have no cause for HIV concern about this incident.
Andy Velez

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 09:18:18 am »
sir i am very greaful to you for your answer.I am an Indian.Here Aids is epidemic.So i am very much worried about this incident.I take an hiv test for this?What is your concern?Please reply quickly sir.Also reply needed from other members.Thank you sir.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:40:10 am »
No, you do not need to get tested about this incident. There was no risk. How much clearly can I say that to you.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you need to gather a lot of responses. This is a simple situation so don't complicate it by allowing your fears to get the better of you. The facts as you have reported them clearly indicate you had no risk.

No stop the dramatics and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 09:41:45 am »
Thank you sir.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 09:49:51 am »
You're welcome. Now get on with your life.

And just make sure to always without exception use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. Then you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. 
Andy Velez

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 12:49:13 am »
Please reply needed from other members.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 06:42:28 am »
Nick,

The answers are not going to change from other members. You did NOT have a risk.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 08:20:06 am »
Please explain me about the blood to blood touching of my incident?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 08:41:08 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 08:59:34 am »
Blood to blood? But you didn't have any such incident. You're just what iffing about this -- you had a little nick to your penis and now you're wringing your hands making up stories that MAYBE she had blood on her hand...

Even IF she had blood on her hand it still wouldn't have been a risk because HIV is fragile and is not passed in that manner. I've already told you what the sexual risks are for HIV transmission.

You are very quickly heading towards getting yourself a Time Out for coming back repeatedly for a no risk incident.

Andy Velez

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 04:04:07 am »
sorry,Its last time......Ann or Rapidrod............Why my situtation is not risky,when blood contuct with other's blood.By the way the wound which i said to you was healed totally with in 5 days without any medication.Please reply me in details....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........i need your explanetion .....its last time...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 04:43:04 am »
Our answers are not going to be any different than Andy's. Move on.

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 05:44:57 am »
Reply needed from Ann.......................plz....................plz..................in details......................plz Ann,reply me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 05:54:23 am »
Reply needed from Ann.......................plz....................plz..................in details......................plz Ann,reply me.
You are very quickly heading towards getting yourself a Time Out for coming back repeatedly for a no risk incident.

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 07:43:04 am »
In many thread you explain alot with the problem Ann...& Andy.Why not for me.Please explain me.Its my request.......I am very much worried.

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 08:06:49 am »
Plz for god sake Sir & madam, plz explain me for last time.................my mental condition is too bad.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 08:39:40 am »
There's nothing more to add to what we have already told you. That doesn't seem to satisfy you because you are confusing your fears with facts. You have no basis in HIV science for any concern about this incident. Re-read what we've said previously.

Andy Velez

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 08:21:04 am »
Many websites in the internate said that Hiv is not so fragile.......could you explain me sir that if she had some blood in her hand,then what would happen trough my cut in the penis.I am just curious about that because you are eminent in this field.

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:34 am »
Andy or Ann Plz..?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 08:40:57 am »
Nick,

Re-read your thread. You've already been given this information.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 11:19:19 am »
I am uncircumcized,its any matter for me for risk assesment,Plz tell me?Plz........?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:08 am »
Nick,

The ONLY time being uncircumcised is going to increase your risk is if you have unprotected anal or vaginal INTERCOURSE. You did not have intercourse, you got a handjob. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK regardless of whether or not you're circumcised.

I can't believe you're still fretting about this no risk incident. If you cannot bring yourself to believe us that you had NO RISK, then go test and collect your negative result.

If you insist on continuing to go on and on about your NO RISK handjob, you'll be given a second time out, this one lasting for 56 days.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2010, 10:02:28 am »
can you tell me the possebility of  acquiring the infection from this incident?i am seek.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2010, 10:31:13 am »
Nick,

Are you still worried about your NO RISK handjob you got a year ago? If so, you need to get a grip. You've been told repeatedly that you had NO possibility of acquiring "the infection" from a handjob.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline nickdeep

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2010, 10:36:30 am »
My handjob is quite different,there some freshcut during hand job.Thats my concern.Nothing else!!!The skin of the penis quite different also.Its very sensetive.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2010, 10:48:24 am »
Every worried person thinks "my situation is different." No one has ever been confirmed to have been infected through a handjob. You are not going to make history by being the first.

If you can't let go of this unfounded fear, there's a very simple solution. Get tested and collect the inevitable negative result.

Meantime I am going to give you the 56 Day Time Out which you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name. We'll spot that right off and you will get permanently banned.

You have no cause for concern about HIV at this point. Period.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.