Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:36:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 624
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 607
Total: 607

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AIDSWalk Michigan a riot!  (Read 3509 times)

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
AIDSWalk Michigan a riot!
« on: October 01, 2006, 05:29:30 pm »
AidsWalk Traverse city was a hit! I had an amazing time and met some awesome people...
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/ladythornbird/

Raised 500 buckaroonies and got second place for most funds raised, which ment a cute trophey and a Bed Head gift basket with 2 free haircuts inside...but even with all that, I know what the real reward was and let's just say...you can't trade it in for bangs and highlights.
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: AIDSWalk Michigan a riot!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 05:41:34 pm »
YAY Jenn!   and I hope you've had a great birthday also honey.

hugs & kisses,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 05:45:08 pm »
I have my dear!! Many hugs and kisses your way! =)

-Jenn
-Bette Midler

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:31:31 pm »
Hey Jenn,

Lovely photos, and who is that b e a u t i f u l woman wearing that fabulous shirt? Oh, it's you! :)

It looks like you had nice weather and a great time. Love the shirt, love the dog and love you too hun!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 10:14:20 pm »
Hi Jenn

Loved the photo's thank you for sharing them with us...yep, loved the pretty girl in the T-shirt..and loved the dog in his T-shirt.. :D

Well done Jenn... :-*

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:28:02 pm »
Way to go Jen!
  AIDS Walks are a lot of fun. I try to do at least one a year. Is Petey yours? He certainly is a handsome devil!
                                                  Congratulations My Dear,

Capt.Carl
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 12:21:26 am »
J,

Glad you had such a good time at AW.  You obviously charmed the $$$$$ right out of the donors! 

(And way to go Petey!)  :D

Love,
John

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:29:24 am »
=) aw thank you all! Petey was this man, Jacob's, but he wasn't feeling well so I walked him. You guys are charmers!
-Bette Midler

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 11:12:15 am »
I really liked the shirt.  That's also pretty good money raised  :)

But... how did your birthday celebration, later that night go ?

Offline swede_dish

• My blog
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 12:20:07 pm »
Oh my friends took me out to dinner...my first lleagel drink was a sangria. MMmm. I had those worlds best catchatori...mmmm.

Of course after 3 of those i was tipsey. Therefor, my friends thought it would be funny to get me all liquored up on martinis and cheap champagne. We ate ice cream cake, got fabulousely drunk, and watched my new Rockn' Rydell Edition of Grease.
-Bette Midler

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.