Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:54:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 239
Total: 240

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mystery  (Read 4949 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Mystery
« on: September 01, 2006, 10:34:53 am »
I got a call from my mom a little bit ago asking my permission to have Mystery put to sleep while she was under the anesthesia. The tumor was attached to all of her major organs with the exception of her liver. The doctor said that if he even were to able to remove it she would never make it through recovery because of her age and the severity of it. So, I gave her permission and she called back and told them to put her to sleep.

It means a lot to me that everyone was thinking about her and pulling for her and hoping for the best. I'm upset in ways I can't even explain and I've been crying so hard I feel like I'm going to throw up, but I know this is better than the alternative of not trying and not doing anything at all. Instead of wasting away she was put to sleep humanely. She was only away from me for an hour before it happened, so I know that she wasn't alone and scared for a long time. I just hope she didn't think I abandoned her there or something.

She was the oldest rat I ever owned. I've had her since before I started highschool. She was alive when I had my first rat, Ben, and has been around for my two newest ones, Baileyrat and Fiver. Her sister is now my oldest rat, and is quite healthy. I like having her, as it's like having a piece of her with me still even though they look nothing alike, they're still blood. And they'd been together their entire lives.

Cause of her wisdom and age it was deemed that she'd be referred to as the Venerable Mystery-rat. As far as rats go, I think she reached the peak as far as wisdom. She was very kind and affectionate. She had a thing for nibbling fingernails and trying to get inside your ear when she was sitting on your shoulder.

Her name actually has a story. When we first got her we couldn't even begin to think of a name for her, we'd already named Wednesday (her sister) but for some reason a name wouldn't come to us for her. So, therefore, her name was a Mystery.  ;D

I have a set of photos of her that I'd like to share.

Browsing the internet.

Hogging the camera.

Her pretty face.

Her very last picture.

Thanks for thinking about us, everyone. She was braver about this whole thing than I was. She's going to be cremated and everything, and we should get her back in about 10 days. I seriously love the hell out of everyone for caring so much about her. It doesn't seem like it made a difference, but it did. A lot. Knowing that people all over the world care about my little rat is very powerful.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Mystery
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 10:38:22 am »
She was a Noble and Grand Old Lady and She fully deserves Her title.

Vale the Venerable Mystery Rat, Blessed be Her Holy Claws.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 10:38:52 am »
((((((Jaser))))))

Mystery, thank you for being such a good friend to Jaser. I know he loves you very much and will miss you. I know you'll be "up there", keeping watch on him. Brush his cheek with your tail now and then so he knows. Rest in Peace sweetie.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Christine

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 10:42:29 am »
I am so sorry for your loss Jaser.

Farewell Mystery. May you run free and far, and with joy and love in your heart.

Peace be with you Jaser and the Venerable Mystery.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 10:48:07 am »
Rock on Mystery! Go to the place where all old good friends will meet.

xxxxx
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 12:55:52 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 11:12:12 am »
Jaser....

I'm sad for you Jaser but what a beautiful story.  Thank you for sharing her and making her a part of our lives.  And the pictures are preciouus.

robert

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 11:47:41 am »
Dear Jaser,
I'm very sorry for your loss.
I'm sure Mystery will be watchin' every move you make.
I believe that she knew you DID NOT abandon her.

Thank you so much for sharing this story of Mystery with us.
I found it to be incredibly touching!!

Thank you, Jaser
&
I am truly sorry.

Peace,
Kelly
POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 12:06:05 pm »
she was beautiful Jaser, & clearly much loved - thank you for sharing those pictures, & telling us a bit about her life.
I will light a candle for a very special, very wise rat this evening.

love and hugs, mouse-king.
Kate x

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 01:44:16 pm »
Jaser,

So sorry about your loss. Mystery was so lucky to have you to love and take care of her.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 05:35:35 pm »
 :'( :'(

Thinking of you
Hugs
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 06:55:47 pm »
Awww Jaser, I am so sorry for your loss.

You did all you could for Mystery, you have a very kind soul.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 07:02:19 pm by Nadine »

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 09:22:22 pm »
If anyone would like to see a slideshow I've created this account:

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m75/mysteryrat/?action=view&slideshow=true

It'll never be deleted so feel free to bookmark if you would like. :)

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 11:44:41 pm »
Jaser,

My heart goes out to you.  I'm so sorry. 

:'( :'(
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 12:04:27 am »
My thoughts are with you Jaser! 

Andrew
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Eldon

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 12:30:37 am »
Jaser,

I am so sorry to hear about Mystery. My thoughts are with you.

Have the BEST Day!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.