Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:46:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 527
Total: 528

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV risk  (Read 9799 times)

Offline towerofsnakes

HIV risk
« on: May 11, 2009, 02:56:30 am »
Hi guys,

Firstly I appreciate any and all reponses to this post. I recently made a trip to a massage parlour (6 days ago) in the UK as part of a stag night, I was drunk, however at the time I believed I was being safe.

I requested the worker to simply use her hands and feet in order for me to climax and it didnt last very long. From what I remember there were no cuts or scrapes on the workers hands or feet, she never used her mouth and we never had unprotected or protected vaginal/anal sex. Afterwards the woman handed me some tissues from what looked like a disposal machine on the wall and she washed her feet in the shower. There was actually more cum on me than anywhere else

The next morning I was writhing with paranoia, the internet can be a an enemy sometimes. I realise it is way too soon to tell but I visited the GUM clinic 2 days after and had a full genital exam and also tested via two urine samples and blood sample. I understand that if I were HIV positive it wouldnt show until 13 weeks after contact so I will return on the 5th august to ensure.

I just really wanted to know peoples opinions on rsk of infection really? I honestly cant remember if there were any custs or scrapes on the womans hands/feet and I dont remember her touching herself then my penis. In addition I recieved a rather nasty cut on my knee that same night around 2 hours before my visit, I dont think she ever touched the cut/graze that I remember. I'm just feeling slightly paranoid to say the least.

When I visited the clinic the doctor was very nice and I explained exactly what happened, she didnt seem to think there was much of a risk "Just so you know some infections i.e. HIV can only develop 6-12 weeks after infection so they may not show in this blood test, however in this case I dont think its a problem"

any help or info would be very much appreciated
thanks for your time

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: HIV risk
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 03:37:44 am »
No, you weren't at risk.

Please read our welcome thread and follow the lessons on how HIV is and is not transmitted.

You do not need to test over this incident, but anyone who is sexually active should be having a full STD check up at least once a year, and remember by agreeing to have unprotected sex you run the risk of a possibile infection from all STD's.

Use condoms for anal/vaginal sex at all times...NO EXCEPTIONS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 03:44:42 am »
thankyou for your reply,

I was just really really paranoid that I may have caught HIV from the woman. In addition I want to start a family with my girlfriend and thought I should be responsible and get a health check done 1st, regardless of this incident anyway.

I understand there are a lot of if's and buts with this incident and just wanted some extra advice to be honest.

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 04:22:54 am »
any further opinions?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 05:50:29 am »
Move on.

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 06:38:10 am »
Iam trying to guys honestly, in my head I doubt I have been infected, the chances of the worker having a cut on her hands or feet are slim, but then I guess the blood would then have had to go into my penis either via the uretha or a nick or cut on my penis I was unaware off. Plus from what you guys have said and I have read vaginal fluid doesnt transmit. Im fairly sure the woman didnt touch herself and I def didnt touch her

This is assuming of course the worker has HIV in the 1st place.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 07:37:31 am »
Tower,

What's up with that username? Bloody hell mate... just saying.

Grow up. Getting wanked off by some tart using her feet is not going to end up with you being hiv positive. No way, no how.

You need to worry more about your girlfriend than you do getting wanked. Before you start thinking about having a family, you should BOTH be tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections. Are you aware that chlamydia is the most prevalent STI in the world? Are you aware it can cause infertility?

Along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know in order to avoid the dreaded hiv:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER BEING WANKED OFF, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 07:42:23 am »
sorry about the username, its from a song by a group called eighteen visions, kinda got into the habit of just using that everytime for forums n such

thankyou for the advice, everyone. I understand i'm being silly and like you said having a full STI screening is what i'v had done last week, 2 days after I was with the woman.

I have always been incredibly safe in the past, never had unprotected anything in the last 10 years that I'v been sexually active, so this just freaked me a little.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 07:44:57 am »
Tower,

Make sure your girlfriend goes to your local GUM clinic and has a full STI screen before you start making babies. I don't want to see you two on Jeromey Kyle in a year's time. OK?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 07:57:47 am »
absolutely. My girlfriend is due to complete her occupational therpay degree in 6 weeks anyhow and as part of her new job has to have a full screening for everything including all STI/HIV etc

Thankyou for your help ann, you have put my mind at ease no end. If my current test comes back negative i'm still going to get checked out at the 13 week stage, not just for HIV but again for everything one more time just so i'm 99.99% sure.

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 05:39:33 pm »
well my results still havent arrived yet and I keep growing more and more anxious by the day

tonight I decided to go back to the parlour from last week, hang my head in shame and ask exactly what happened. The worker remembered me actually and said she gave me a massage, followed by a hand job then a foot job. Luckily as well she was wearing see through shoes this evening and I didnt notice or remains of cuts/scrapes/scabs etc same goes for her hands as well. Have to admit I was very relieved when she confirmed what I thought had happened.

Never the less i'm looking forward to getting my results so I can ensure I'm either negative or positive before starting a family. There is still a part of me slightly worried if i'm being honest, just looking forward to getting the results

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:49 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out, which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 06:28:33 pm »
apologies

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 06:49:54 am »
test results came back negative today, will still go after 13 weeks again to ensure

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 07:17:15 am »
Tower,

No big surprise there. You tested negative because being masturbated is in no way a risk for hiv infection.

You didn't have a risk you don't need further testing over this incident and it's time you moved on with your life. If you keep coming back with posts about this, you'll be given that time out Rodney warned you about. Seriously. Please consider yourself warned for the last time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 02:26:34 pm »
Hi guys,

I appreciate you have warned me for the last time and may face a timeout with this question, but I felt like I had to ask.

In my first post guys above I mentioned that two hours previous to my visit the parlour I developed a rather nasty graze on my knee, as far as i'm aware it didnt bleed but did ultimately scab over in the days following the  incident.

My question is would I be at risk of the sex worker for example had vaginal fluid or blood on her hand from herself and then touched/rubbed it into my knee? I no that sounds silly its just from what I remember she was touching and possibly fingering herself whilst performing a handjob on me then rubbing/touching my leg with the aforementioned cut/graze on it

would this be at all possible as a method of transmission? Only reason I ask is this is 22 days since the incident and I have developed a slight rash on my chest :-(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 03:40:38 pm »
Move on.

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 03:51:03 pm »
so the above wouldnt be a risk? sorry for being a pest  :-\

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 04:16:14 pm »
NOT A RISK!!!!!
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »
Tower,

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 07:42:40 am »
hi guys,

back from my 28 day timeout, which was a help actually. Just one final question

last week was 6 weeks since the incident so I went back to my local GUM clinic last thursday and tested again, came back negative today.

Would any of you recommend testing again at 13 weeks or should I call an end to it? The woman at the clinic said there was no need for further testing and 6 weeks would normally be conclusive except in certain circumstances

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 08:07:32 am »
Nothing has changed in our evaluation here. You were never at risk. There was no need for testing and it's no surprise that you tested negative.

You can call a halt right now with the whole unnecessary drama about this incident. No, no further testing is necessary. Got it? Good.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 05:28:25 am »
hi guys

just for peace of mind I tested last friday the 21st and recieved a negative back yesterday. I believe that puts me at 14 weeks conclusive negative now.

Thank you to the moderators who replied to my posts, very very much appreciated. Thank you again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 06:40:48 am »
Tower,

Wow, you tested negative? Big surprise - NOT. You didn't have a risk and you didn't need to test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline towerofsnakes

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 06:45:43 am »
 :)

thank you anyhow ann for taking the time to respond to my previous posts, like I said it was very much appreciated

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 08:03:11 am »
Tower,

You're welcome. Now it's time you got on with your life. Make sure you  use condoms and get routine sexual health care check-ups - the GUM clinic is your friend - and you'll stay hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.