Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 358
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 3087 times)

Offline RobT

I'm back
« on: October 29, 2006, 06:32:05 pm »
All-
I am back from an extended absence. I am sure all realize that I am back cuz of me responding back to as many threads possible.
A lot as happened since I decided on taking my absence. I am not even sure when it began, but on the bright side, my health has been better than b4. I have no seen a doctor since my shingles incident-b4 I started taking my meds. The meds have worked wonders for me. I have reached the "undetectable" stage twice in a row and my doctor is suggesting that I shud go and see her once every 3 months. I am so pleased at hearing that and of hearing of my results. Here r my recent set of #s:

VL: undetectable
CD4: 564

In mid-September, I was involved in a car accident. The good news is that eventhough my car, VW Jetta, was totaled; I left unscathed. The only thing that was hurt was monetary damages, which I have been trying to recoup.

A week after that, my employer converted me over from working as a temp. to a permanent employee position. The permanent conversion gave me a pay raise and a benefits package that I never knew existed...hell I never saw either of those since I left the military 2.5 yrs ago.

Since I have become a permanent employee and my bf, Mike, already bought me plane tix to visit him in London during December 7th-January 3rd, my job was not going to give me the time off. Mike bought me the tix in mid-August, when I was still working as a temp.

It has been a constant battle at getting the time off. I did get the time off and I am so excited about that. This will b my first time seeing Mike since his birthday in April of the yr. LDR's certainly add quite a spice to life.

That has been a summation of everything that has happened since I left. What have I missed while I was away?

RobT

Current meds: Truvada/Sustiva

Current meds: Atripla
CD4: 630

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 06:40:47 pm »
Never a dull moment, aye? Glad to hear that your health is holding, if not improving and welcome back  ;D

Offline RobT

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 06:45:05 pm »
Wellington-
Never a dull moment. Sometimes I just h8 LDRs, more so than not. My health is improving and I am fortunate for that.
Thanx, Wellington for responding. I really love that hat.

RobT

Offline Longislander

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 07:50:43 pm »
A lot of good stuff in that post. comgrats on the #'s and your overall health.
2x a year?, yeah I'd say thats a tough LDR!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 08:27:13 pm »

Congratulations on the job and your numbers!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 09:42:17 pm »
Hey Robt,

There is never a dull moment here on the forums. It is good to hear from a fellow forum member and it is good to hear that your health has improved and it is stable. It is also a good thing to hear that you were converted from a temp to a perm position at the company that you are working for. Even more stability.

It is unfortunate that you have suffered some monetary damages to your Jetta. That can be replaced. The main thing is that YOU are OK.

Once again, it is good to hear from you and WELCOME back!

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Poz Brit

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 04:03:36 am »
Nice to see you back, Rob, your numbers look good, its always great to here good news, and I hope it keeps coming your way.

John(UK)

Offline joemutt

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 04:54:44 am »
Good for you Rob, nice to have you back.

Offline RobT

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 07:00:05 am »
Eldon-
I know monetary damages can b replaced. Knowing that I am not that concerned, but the constant bickering w/ insurance companies was a real pain.

Thanx for all who have welcomed me back so far!

RobT

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.