Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:00:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 216
Total: 216

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Blood Donation  (Read 5350 times)

Offline scaredalso

Blood Donation
« on: October 06, 2007, 12:44:29 pm »
 Me and My Girlfriend we are Blood Donors. Dont they get hold of donor if there was promblem with the donation .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Blood Donation
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 12:51:05 pm »
scared,

If don't know your hiv status and have had unprotected intercourse with some who also does not know their hiv status, then you should not be using blood donation as a means to test for hiv.

A test done three months or more after your last incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse will be conclusive. If you don't know your status and have been at risk through unprotected intercourse, then you need to test before donating blood.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:52:55 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scaredalso

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 01:00:51 pm »
 Ann, I went to Dr's and Gotten Tested before Give blood negative . Cause I seen there test have alot of false postive with the Nat testing.  :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 01:11:04 pm »
scared,

If you don't hear from where you gave blood, then you're still hiv negative.

I hope you read my whole previous post to you. If you put yourself at risk by having unprotected intercourse with someone whose hiv status is unclear, then you need to have a conclusive hiv result before you even THINK about giving blood. Just because you don't fall into one of the official "risk groups" doesn't mean you haven't put yourself at risk. Use condoms outside a monogamous relationship and you won't have to worry about it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scaredalso

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 01:13:52 pm »
Thanks Ann it been year since I give Blood. Gosh I'm in tears I was doing some screaching on here and guy just tested poz within month. my exposer was anal took all the tests out there, Thanks Ann

Offline scaredalso

Re: Ann
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 01:23:47 pm »
 Ann they did Nat testing , what kind of test is  that I recived my results and I was wondering whats NAT testing it  said N , Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 02:02:51 pm »
scared,

IF you've tested negative at (or more than) three months, then you did not become infected from your anal exposure.

Nat testing is what they use to test donated blood. It doesn't really concern you because you simply cannot donate blood to discover your hiv status. If you haven't tested for the anal incident, then you need to go to a clinic and have an hiv antibody test done.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 02:06:26 pm »
Scared,

I very nearly forgot - I've deleted the posts you left in other threads. Do not post in any thread but your own. Read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to. Make sure you READ the posting guidelines and ABIDE by them. Don't make me warn you about this again.

While you're there, click on and read the Lessons provided. It will tell you all you need to know about NAT and other tests.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scaredalso

Re: Ann
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 02:13:36 pm »
 Ann I send you message so you understand thanks

Offline scaredalso

has anybody tested postive
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 03:05:21 pm »
 After 3 months

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: has anybody tested postive
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 04:06:11 pm »
I have merged your threads, in future please stick with your original thread..and please read the Welcome Thread and read the rules regarding this.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 05:25:50 pm »
scared,

You are incredibly close to being given a time out. Remember when I said this earlier?

Scared,

I very nearly forgot - I've deleted the posts you left in other threads. Do not post in any thread but your own. Read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to. Make sure you READ the posting guidelines and ABIDE by them. Don't make me warn you about this again.

While you're there, click on and read the Lessons provided. It will tell you all you need to know about NAT and other tests.

Ann

This is THE last time I am going to warn you. Read the posting guidelines and abide by them or you're outta here. OK?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scaredalso

ANN
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 05:28:47 pm »
 Honey if I would had anything wrong with me when I give blood by law they have to let you know ASAP so I dont give itt o somebody eles , on medhlp guys over there are saying it can take longer . I saidd ont say that I was blood donor , thanks sweetie

Offline scaredalso

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 05:32:39 pm »

Living With HIV
 STDs

Watch this discussion |  Email
Email This Page To A Friend
 Close
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Friend's Email: 
  Enter the code shown:

Welcome to the HIV Prevention & Safe Sex Forum! If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Title:whats the true window period
Forum: The HIV Prevention Forum

Topic: HIV testing

From To Post
answersasap

10/06/07
    now i'm scared 
The "Comments" posted below are provided by individuals and reflect their personal opinions only. Under NO circumstances should you act on any advice or opinion posted in this forum.  ALWAYS check with your personal physician before taking any action regarding your health! Med Help International and our partners, sponsors and affiliates have no obligation to monitor any "Comments" posted on this site, or the content and/or accuracy of such exchanges. Med Help International does not endorse the views of any user.
ExtremeStress

Send Message
Add as Friend
View Profile
ExtremeStress

10/06/07
  look it up yourself it has been stated on here 10,000,000 times. 
chrisneedshelp

Send Message
Add as Friend
View Profile
chrisneedshelp
37 years old
largo - FL   

10/06/07
  that depends on who you ask the CDC say 3 to 6 months but then suggests health care workers that get needle stick exposure test out to 1 year and i have talked to doctors who swear to me they have seen it take longer 
answersasap

10/06/07
  okay when your dr tell you nomore testing and latter you found out defferent cant he be held for it 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 05:38:47 pm »
Scared,

I've warned you several times now about abiding by our forum posting guidelines, yet you continue to abuse these forums. I know you've been sending unsolicited PMs to people, despite me telling you not to only hours before.

I'm giving you that time out I warned you about. Do NOT create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 05:56:48 pm »
I'm going to respond here to the PM you sent me.

It's actually difficult to sort out from what you have written when you tested negative in relation to whenever you had some risky incident. As you have already been told, as long as you tested negative at 13 weeks or more after the most recent risky incident then you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.