Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:49:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 668
Total: 668

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thailand - Bumrungrad Hospital NO external prescriptions issued now  (Read 5378 times)

Offline shizukav2

Just for info - for those who may be using a doctor at Bumrungrad or planning to...

Bumrungrad Hospital in Thailand has issued a memo to all their Doctors that they are NO LONGER ALLOWED to issue prescriptions for medications outside the hospital pharmacy.

This does not ONLY apply to HIV medication, but all drugs apparently...

Now, bear in mind most (if not all senior doctors) will practice at various locations/hospitals so this is a 'heads up' - in my case, my doctor Dr Praphan is also available at Paolo Hospital Kaset in Bangkok - so in future I will be seeing him there and getting the prescription to fill it at the Red Cross Clinic at about a third the cost of Bumrungrad...

Offline Gladragsguy

Re: Thailand - Bumrungrad Hospital NO external prescriptions issued now
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 11:49:59 am »
I heard about this but was not sure if it was true...seems so.  I'd anyone else here about any other hospitals please post. We also have an English speaking support group here in Bangkok that meets every other week and a LINE group. Message to-  sonowwhat.asia@gmail.com

Offline shizukav2

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:03:31 am »
Agree it would be useful to know whch Doctor/Hospital combo allows ( and indeed encourages ) external pharmacies like the Red Cross Clinic and being tested there etc.

As I mentioned Dr Praphan can issue prescriptions from Paolo Kaset Hospital ( used to be called Mayo Hospital) but no longer from Bumrungrad.

Went to Red Cross Clinic first time today, no problems and 6 months of Teevir (generic Atripla) for 6,000 baht or so , roughly a third the price of Bumrungrad.

Note - worth knowing the clinic pharmacy closes for lunch from 12 til 1, so you can time your visit to avoid waiting around for that...( go to the Ratchadamri BTS stop, take exit 1 and walk against the traffic flow direction with the Bangkok sports club on your right and you'll be there in about 500 m... easy).

Last viral load was same as the previous was... undetectable.

Offline Mindless

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:27:25 am »
I can confirm Bumrungrad (crazy) policy change. Anyways, almost useless since there are plenty of ways around it (one is that mentioned by shizukav). I guess every "wise" Dr. will adopt his preferred: in case someone is interested they can PM me, probably its' too much precaution but I don't want risking to expose those great Docs.

M
Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline abcde12345

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 02:29:02 pm »
I can confirm Bumrungrad (crazy) policy change. Anyways, almost useless since there are plenty of ways around it (one is that mentioned by shizukav). I guess every "wise" Dr. will adopt his preferred: in case someone is interested they can PM me, probably its' too much precaution but I don't want risking to expose those great Docs.

M

Sorry, how to pm you here? need to seek your advise? Thanks

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 02:44:46 pm »
Forum members need to post three posts before they can send or receive pm's.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 02:53:53 pm »
Ill add that as a new member its customary to open a new topic as a introduction thread and, introduce yourself to the forum.

Example, How are you generally doing? VL & CD4 count? How is your treatment going? Etc etc

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Gladragsguy

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:41:38 pm »
Does anyone have a verifiable update on the issuing of prescriptions at BUMRUNGRAD HOSPITAL?

Offline Mindless

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 09:40:21 pm »
Does anyone have a verifiable update on the issuing of prescriptions at BUMRUNGRAD HOSPITAL?

HI,

not sure what you exactly mean by “verifiable update” but yes, the prescriptions issue is on at Bumrungrad. Anyways, as I said, quite easy to go around it, your Dr. will tell you how. PM me if you need more details.

M.

Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline madness

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 04:45:28 am »
Hello, I am due in bkk and Bumrungrad next week, I was only there in September and never was told about this policy or work arounds and picked up my meds as normal via red cross.

Just noticed this is my 1st post and I joined 6 years ago
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 04:51:26 am by madness »

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 09:42:31 pm »
HI,
Basically all you need to do is get the prescription and when you check out to pay, say you do not want anything from the pharmacy...
then you take the prescription to the Red Cross.

Offline madness

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 01:47:39 am »
Ok this is what I have been doing for a while, just collect my prescription and pay for doctor and leave.

Thanks at least the worry of not getting a prescription next week is gone

Offline Expat1

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 06:52:48 pm »
Pongpat Patanavanich, secretary-general of the Thai Private Hospital Association, said patients have the right to purchase medicine outside the hospital, although the practice is not widespread.

Thai law says that prescriptions may be obtained outside the hosptial.  At least thats whats printed in the lawbooks.

Offline madness

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 03:54:34 am »
I got mine from the doctor yesterday and put it in my bag and told cashier no meds needed

Offline joemutt

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 12:40:21 am »
I had that problem in Bangkok Hospital. The prescriptions there are electronically passed on to cashier and pharmacy. In October 2008 I asked the doctor to give me a (hand)written prescription to go buy my meds at RedCross and he would not do it. So I had to change hospital and doctor after 11 years  :(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 12:44:12 am by joemutt »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.