Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Man With HIV Is in Long-Term Viral Remission After Intensified Treatment

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ptrk3:
Another story on the subject, this one from the July 7, 2020, edition of (online) NAM aidsmap:

excerpt:

After our patient got the intensified regimen, there were signs that his HIV might be starting to disappear. Tests to detect HIV RNA and DNA drew blanks. Attempts to cultivate virus from some of his lymphocytes failed. The levels of antibodies to HIV in his blood started to decline, indicating there was very little virus to stimulate their production.

So he was taken off all his drugs in March 2019. And since then his HIV has not reappeared and his antibodies have continued to decline. Fifteen months without a viral rebound is almost unprecedented in any chronically infected patient who didn't get very early antiretroviral therapy.

###

Link to story:

https://www.aidsmap.com/news/jul-2020/has-someone-been-cured-hiv-cheap-simple-drug-regimen

MitchMiller:
I used to take nicotinamide.  It's a popular anti-aging supplement.  However, I didn't feel any different and it's expensive.  So I quit taking it.

I put it back on my Amazon wish list, so maybe I'll try it again.  I've read there's only one manufacturer of the active ingredient (at least two years ago), so all of the brands are pretty much the same.

Almost2late:

--- Quote from: MitchMiller on July 12, 2020, 11:38:57 pm ---I used to take nicotinamide.  It's a popular anti-aging supplement.  However, I didn't feel any different and it's expensive.  So I quit taking it.

I put it back on my Amazon wish list, so maybe I'll try it again.  I've read there's only one manufacturer of the active ingredient (at least two years ago), so all of the brands are pretty much the same.

--- End quote ---

Funny, I had never heard of niacinamide until this Brazilian cure research story. So I also bought a bottle of niacinamide time released tablets 500 mg to guinea pig myself. Been on it a month and I have noticed some differences.. more energy and about three nights of sweats, which I haven't had in a long time.

I'm under no illusion that this will cure my hiv but maybe those sweats are the virus coming out of hiding. I'll be due for labs in a couple of weeks and see if any significant changes occurred.

Sincerely, Dr.Jekyll 👨‍⚕️

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: MitchMiller on July 12, 2020, 11:38:57 pm ---I used to take nicotinamide.  I

--- End quote ---

I used to take it as well,( also Plain Niacin) Recommended by my dermatologist, to possibly help with keratosis and minor pre skin cancers that I was having at the time. I am not sure if it really worked or not.  I still see a dermatologist, once a year, but overall I am doing OK. Not that many years ago I was seeing a dermatologist, every 6 months, and could always count on my face looking pok-a- dotted, with all the freezes that were done.

The plain Niacin supplement, that I used to take caused quite a bit of flushing in me, after I took it. I believe the Nicotinamide, reduces that flushing effect.

Did they mention the dose of Nicotinimide given ? I am going to have to re read the article.

Ray

Almost2late:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on August 10, 2020, 05:33:00 pm ---Did they mention the dose of Nicotinimide given ? I am going to have to re read the article.

--- End quote ---

'He was one of five people in the study to be randomized to receive the integrase inhibitor dolutegravir (Tivicay, ViiV Healthcare), the CCR5 receptor inhibitor maraviroc (Selzentry, ViiV Healthcare), and twice-daily nicotinamide 500 mg, a form of vitamin B₃, in addition to his regular regimen for 48 weeks."..

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/933531

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version