Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:26:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 620
Total: 622

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Need some advice. Very worried.  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
Need some advice. Very worried.
« on: May 04, 2020, 12:15:04 pm »
2 days ago I had a sexual encounter with a Transgender sexual worker, I had protected Oral and no anal/penetration. Towards the end, for about a minute she grabbed my penis and put it against hers and masterbated us both. Now my concern is I have a condition called hypospadia where my urethra opening is just below the head of my penis and a little more exposed than most urethras, and I am concerned this was an easy pathway for HIV from Precum/semen to enter. Or possibly her urethra directly aligned on top of mine and her semen entered my urethra without ever being exposed to outside air, almost like a weird intercourse not outercourse. Do I need testing over this incident? It is my only sexual encounter In the last few months, and am very stressed cause I do not see much information about Hypospadia and it’s risks with HIV.
Thank you in advance!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Need some advice. Very worried.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 12:19:01 pm »
Hiya,

What you posted simply is no HIV risk.
If this was your only sexual activity then HIV is not an concern, move on with your life

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection going forward

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 12:21:25 pm »
What about the fact that I have hypospadia? My urethra is exposed unlike most penis. Which makes me more susceptible for infections.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 12:25:55 pm »
Hiya.

What you posted simply is no HIV risk.
Hypospadias, the location and size of your urethra doesn't change that.

Use condoms for any intercourse and test for STI's and HIV yearly out of standard routine.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:32:25 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 12:28:34 pm »
Due to the location and extra exposed urethra is it not possible that semen from her urethra got into mine when they were directly on top of each other without being exposed to the outside thus making HIV still active and able to infect? Sorry I just don’t see enough information about HIV prevention and hyposadia

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 12:33:12 pm »
No ...

Let's make this more extreme. If you had a vagina instead and he had cum all over it the answer would be the same.

The condition doesn't change how HIV is and is not transmitted and sexually that means it's transmitted solely inside the confines of human body. 

So unless your his penis fitted inside your urethra for intercourse you had no risk so stop stressing about new ways for HIV to transmit.

If this was your only sexual activity then HIV is not an concern, move on with your life
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 09:11:27 pm »
Thank you for all your responses, and I do apologize in advance for my further questions. I’m sure you are used to this. Like I mentioned about my hypospadia, my urethral opening is below my penis head close to the shaft on the underside. It is a circular hole, not a slit like a normal penis on the tip. How is it not possible that during the frotting her precum went directly into my urethral hole without once being touched outside by the air. Her urethra could have been directly lined up with mine, since mine is located awkwardly. And once they are directly on top of each other, her semen can directly enter my urethra. Is this not possible?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 02:48:51 am »
Asking me the same question again isn't going to change the answer.

What you posted is a lot of "what if's" and they are not an HIV concern, rubbing against the opening even if there was a drop of the precum present is not going to lead to you acquiring HIV.

Four conditions need to be present simultaneously for HIV transmission to occur even in theory: The virus must be present in an infectious bodily fluid from the HIV positive person, it must be present at sufficient levels to cause infection. There must be an effective route of transmission, and it must reach susceptible cells in another person.

You did not meet all the conditions simultaneously needed for acquiring HIV from this event, it's not inside the confines of the body, no matter how close it's not an airtight seal between you, it also lacks volume to cause infection and I could go on but it's not an HIV risk and it makes sense nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear and this despite people having conditions, sores, wounds, cuts, holes etc etc etc.

Stop thinking up new ways for HIV to transmit and instead focus on your real risks in life.

Use condoms for any intercourse, no exceptions and test for STI's and HIV yearly out of standard routine.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 11:27:46 am »
I don’t know if it was a drop of precum or much more than that, it was dark and wet from the lube so it was hard to tell. I do not know if she is HIV+ or if she was if her viral load was sky high or not. I still can’t help but feel like since I have a bigger opening on the urethra that some precum or cum could have gotten and reached susceptible cells, you used the vagina example. Well what if someone came right on the opening of the vagina? Not penetrated, but have it pressed on the hole and it finds a way in without being exposed outside. I know I’m overthinking this, but it’s just so hard to find information about hypospadia  and it’s Risks regarding STD and HIV.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 12:20:59 pm »
Hiya,

Yes, you are overthinking this. I'm not going to keep answering the same questions over and over again.

I do not know if she is HIV+ or if she was if her viral load was sky high or not.

Irrelevant. In assessments, we presume the above, so this has already been answered and taken into account.

ell what if someone came right on the opening of the vagina? Not penetrated, but have it pressed on the hole and it finds a way in without being exposed outside.

Asked and answered, not an HIV concern and nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear.

Hypospadias does not magically change the environment and the biological conditions needed for HIV to transmit, in short, the condition of your penis is irrelevant and you are not the first nor will you be the last person with a condition to ask either.

A few years back there was a similar issue about fluids during a handjob and Hypospadias if you want to hear the same from someone else about STI's and HIV.  https://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/Handjob-and-HIV/show/562681

Finally, as much as I wish you well I am not going to continue on this merry-go-round of answering the same and never before happened issues. Move on with you life or seek face to face support if you can't.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 11:52:46 am »
I appreciate all your help. This will be my last reply. So basically no matter how big a hole, or wound or urethra on the penis. Frottage cannot and will not ever transmit HIV to the other person? Even If both urethras are directly on top of each other squeezing and pressing and cum enters the other ? And this is based on scientific factual evidence ? Thank you for your time, whatever your last response will be this is my last reply. Take care.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 12:08:43 pm »
Asked and answered, not an HIV concern and nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear.

I wish you well but if you come back about the same it's going to result in a 28-day ban.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 12:12:59 pm »
Out of curiosity, when you or anyone says no one has acquired HIV in that way. How is that so certain? How can that be proven? Have there been studies done on frottage etc.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 12:38:56 pm »
HIV is one of the most scientifically studied viruses, after nearly 40 years of this pandemic It's limitations and requirements for transmission are solidly understood and with that the potential vectors for transmission.

You are not going to discover a new way for HIV to transmit. Your fears just like toilet seat fears don't require a study to know toilet seats are no HIV concern, it simply lacks the basic conditions required.

Equally I don't need a study to know elephants can't fly no matter how much they flap their ears.

Move on with your life!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:41:46 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Worried1234567

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 12:56:07 pm »
Hello again,

There was something I’d like to add to this same situation. Along with my hyposadia, or due to it aside from my urethra being located undereath the glans and being larger than  normal, I also have 2 smaller additional holes above the urethra most likely from the surgery when I was younger. So that’s one larger urethra opening along with 2 smaller holes above it. Does this raise the risk for the frottage, if it included precum being rubbed over all the holes. If I were to test at 6 weeks would that be conclusive, or no matter what else I add into the situation no testing will be recommended? I know people say that frottage penis to penis is safe unless there was an open wound. Well let’s say I have a huge open wound, how does that increase my risk if the precum would still be contacted by air and made inactive? I feel like that’s two conflicting arguments. Thank you once again

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 03:40:13 pm »
 ::)

What if you had a huge open wound ...
28 day ban and now you're back with the same stuff, now it's a 45 day ban.

You seem be focusing on just one element of transmission and ignoring everything else to find a risk that doesn't exist. If you keep having these ongoing fears prehaps you should consider speaking to a therapist.

I wish you well but if you come back about the same it's going to result in a 28-day ban.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 03:44:53 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.