Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:16:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773204
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 534
Total: 535

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It's been ten days & I still can't walk...  (Read 9892 times)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
It's been ten days & I still can't walk...
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:18:04 pm »
On Thursday June 1 I went up to Stephen's house to visit him. I parked my car in the driveway & thought I had put the thing in first gear with the parking brake on.  I forgot and left the car in neutral, but did put the parking brake on. My car rolled down the hill into the street. I ran after it and pulled my calf muscles in both legs. I've been taking tylenol and resting on a heating pad ever since. My calf muslces are so sore touching them makes me almost jump out of my skin. I am doing what the doc told me to do, but it isn't getting any better. I'm hobbling around the house holding on to anything I can, going up and down steps is a major pain in the uh, legs. Any suggestions besides what the doc told me to do would be appreciated.

Does being HIV+ and on HAART make it harder for our bodies to recover from something like this? I have been hesitant to go back to the doctor because I don't want to sit in his waiting room most of the day and besides he will probably toell me to keep doing what he told me to do anyway.

Dan
(Who is really hurtn')

Offline Teresa

Re: It's been ten days & I still can't walk...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:23:41 pm »
I have bad knees (probally from all my extra weight) and i had a spell not too long ago where i couldnt hardly walk. The dr told me to alternate between heat and cold. I used a bag of frozen peas as you can mold it to your particular body part pretty easy.

Hope you get better soon.
Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 01:03:29 pm »
Dan,

I'm sorry you are in pain  :'( :'(    Don't you have to stand up a lot on this new job?

Maybe you should see the doctor again, just to make sure it isn't something more serious.

Hugs,

Alan
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:05:28 pm by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:08:07 pm »
I  sit in a tall chair behind the counter at the bank, sometimes I stand. Walking up and down steps are a major pain. Quess this sore old fag needs to go back to the doc...

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 01:09:37 pm »
Dan,
Sorry to hear about your mishap.  When I have any muscular type of injury, I will usually take ibuprofen since it is an anti-inflammatory agent (which Tylenol is not).  However you may not be able to take this per your doctors instructions.  Best to call the office and make sure, in any case.

I try to stay away from Tylenol, since it makes the liver work just a bit harder to detox.  I figure the poor little bugger is working hard enough to clean up my blood from the Sustiva/Truvada.  The occasional Tylenol is probably ok, but be careful if you're popping them by the mouthful (i'm exaggerating, but you get my drift).

Hope you feel better soon (and Teresa's suggestion about the frozen peas is a great idea)!

John

jerry

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 01:11:22 pm »
Dan sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope you get to feeling better. Also quit chasing cars. ;)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 01:13:52 pm »
Does anybody have a bag of frozen peas? Going to Kroger is going to be a painful undertaking.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 02:11:36 pm »
Sweetie I just can't resist...if you can't find frozen peas. Imagine whirled peas.
I'm up the road if you need me.

Hal :-*

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:49:06 pm »
I'll book a priority-massage flight for the most incredible unlucky fellow in Tenessee.

I would suggest "helium heel" excercises... but you need a partner for that...

Don't want to sound mean sweetie.
I wished I could come over and rub the apin away.

hermie :D
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline water duck

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:31:31 pm »
Dan

So sorry to hear of your pains.
If u had pulled a muscle, that , maybe u can try lying on your back flat, and bring up your legs or rest them on a small stool to be abit higher & just let your muscles rest.
Over here in Belgium we can find massage oil with arnica  that u can massage yours tired legs with.
Hope this helps & that u get better soon !!  8)

Siang

jerry

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:35:19 pm »
 ;) Hey Dan just come over to my house and I can get you to feel better. ;)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 05:43:27 pm »
What are you gonna do to me???

jerry

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 05:45:41 pm »
LOL who knows but I can think of a few things.  :-*

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 05:57:07 pm »
any damage to the body can take us a bit longer to heal up problem being positive.  I say ask for something for the pain though.  Better living thru chemicals :)   Nobody should be in excessive pain in this day and age.

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 06:43:30 pm »
Try wearing a pair of heels....

Maybe that will alleviate the calf pain~

Feeling for you,

Jeff

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 07:36:42 pm »
Platform thigh high kinky boots or come fuck me pumps. decsions, decisons.... What a gurl to do?????

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 12:31:19 pm »
Hey Dan...

Forget those fuck me pumps for a while sweetie.  Sorry to hear about the incident and the subsequent
injury.  I find infections/ injuries take longer these days to heal so keep your chin up, good buddy.  And try to stay off
that leg as much as possible.  If it doesn't start getting better soon...you need to head back to the doctors.
Hope you feel better soon, babycakes! :-*  Tap dancing is out too by the way :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.