Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:49:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blaming Everything on HIV  (Read 2723 times)

Offline ElZorro

Blaming Everything on HIV
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:40:21 pm »
Sheesh! I can be such an idiot sometimes. I swear that, despite how great the science is that's treating this virus, I'm still paranoid about HIV and the future.

I've been having minor ear aches and throat "issues" for the past couple of weeks and had all but convinced myself that they were surely due to some side effect of these meds or something that HIV has done to my immune system and that I was probably going to be told that I have tumors or cancer or something.

I mentioned it to my mom ("The Nurse") and she asked me when the last time I cleaned my ears...uh, it's been awhile (not that I don't clean them in the shower; it's a drainage thing and I'm supposed to clean them a couple times a year to make sure all the wax gets out  :-\ )

Duh!!!! Flushed a couple of nice sized wax plugs out of each ear and had to turn the tv down.  ;)

I think I've adjusted well to having HIV, now the challenge is to realize that I have it under control and it's not an immediate threat...as we've been discussing tonight in other threads, I guess it's all about letting some more time pass.

Offline surf18

Re: Blaming Everything on HIV
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 10:45:03 pm »
ha! el equal surf!
im the same way. every muscle i yank at the gym blablabla is the meds or the thing. where really im on meds that are gentle and really are proably protecting us against things that we dont even know about. too funny. this post made me laugh , i saw me in it. im not alone!

Offline Gio

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 01:20:14 am »
I am right there along with you all on top of that i have so far a good experience on the med thatvhalf the time i am thinkin either its not workin or i am not pos... 

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 07:54:55 am »
Remember before you were HIV+ you had colds, got the "24 hr bug", had fevers and had to clean your ears out.... :)  Guess what you're still going to get colds and all the other stuff.  This past winter I had a severe ear infection, dr said it takes some non HIV patients several weeks to get over it and sure enough it was no different for me....several weeks later it was all cleared up.  Over time you will relax and realize meds haven't failed and HIV is taking over your body.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:54:55 am »
Yeah, you're absolutely right, Woody. One of the upsides is that now I get a flu shot. I always skipped them in the past. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from using a couple of sick days for being "down with the flu"  :P

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 10:02:02 am »
My house is currently a mess and yes, I'm blaming hiv. Why not? I have a theory that housework increases my VL, so I ain't gonna do it if I don't wanna. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ElZorro

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:04:38 am »
My house is currently a mess and yes, I'm blaming hiv. Why not? I have a theory that housework increases my VL, so I ain't gonna do it if I don't wanna. :)

That rocks! I must be the least "domestic" person on the planet and I would rather get shot in the face with rock salt than clean house. That's gonna be my new excuse!  ;)

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 11:46:33 am »
Hmmmm I like where Ann is going with this ;)

EZ- I know exactly how you feel. I'm having a bad case of adult acne all of the sudden and I'm blaming it on either HIV or the meds... it probably has nothing to do with the fact that my diet lately sucks and I've gained 30 lbs in the last 4 months LOL. I think its only normal to go back to HIV first
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.