Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:26:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 398
Total: 398

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen  (Read 533382 times)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
Re: Trials and Tribulations of an Old Poz Queen
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2008, 10:57:48 am »
Since Mom retired she goes to auctions and buys all kinds of things, sometimes trunks that are unopened, you take you chances,  and she likes to take old jewelry and cards  and use them to make new ones....I don't know how some fit in the envelope, they are like in 3-D..

The one I got says  "It's Mothers Day, and you know what to do...(Inside = Not a damn thing..then you give your message and it plays a song = "Bang the Drum all Day"...

My step father has cancer and she is his caregiver and has been on duty for the past 10 years. She takes time away, by meeting my little sister and they go somewhere for lunch, or coming over here to 'see' how things are going...The card reminded me that we need to 'not to always work, but bang the drum sometimes and get away....
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2008, 11:13:56 am »
Those cards sound cool.  I love original stuff like that, that is handmade.

That is so true, as you know, it is hard to take time for yourself, when you have others to take care of.

That is a hard one! you know what to do...
 Nothing...take time for yourself.
Whatever you want...it's your day.
Let me take you.(???)

Mine are always corny and rhyme, I ve graduated from Roses are red, but not by much ;D
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2008, 11:28:13 am »
In school, I was extremely pleased to learn that not all poetry had to rhyme, it just had to have a rythm, as I would always have trouble getting words to rhyme. Then after learning this new 'technique', all I could do was rhyme..drove everyone crazy for awhile...

I've still got the cards Mom made as they are so beautiful, you just can't toss them. If I get a windfall, one day, I want to frame them and give them as gifts to other family members...of, course, I wil keep my favorites....

We'll probably wind up saying something corny like "Happy Mothers Day, We Love You"...

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2008, 11:35:50 am »
I never understood some of that poetry.  I can't remember what they were called.

I can't believe Mothers Day is almost here, this year is flying by already.

This year is going to hard for my Mom, she just had to put her dog down this past week.  Luckily I had made her a whole "Eva" book for Christmas. I'm kicking myself for not taking more pictures of her when she was here a couple of weeks ago.  :(

Offline rondrond

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2008, 11:48:29 am »
   :( Yes, I know, my dog died on Nov 9th. 14 years old/ cancer. She was always my baby girl.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2008, 11:55:19 am »
What a sweetheart!  Those eyes!

My son says "you have a very sweet dog"----he wanted me to make sure I let you know :)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:03 pm »
Thank You, I miss her very, very much. I notice your Avvie say  "your butt warmer". Darcell slept in my bed right up against my back..we were back to back...

and then there was Cindle....

who witnessed Darcell's tumor erupting , and all the emotion and commotion of me trying to get a 70lb dog in my arms and trying not to hurt her.She died in my arms , we never made it to the vet...Cindle must have been traumatized, as she disappeared that night and I have not seen her since. :(

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 12:10:19 pm »
but..Cindle must have left instructions to these two black cats that showed up one day and 'adopted' us. I was looking out the window and this cat was in the corner of the yard looking right at the window, at me.
She has a little white vest and white whiskers. She is currently pregnant (or horribly deformed, or a might huntress who eats birds and squirrels whole as she is a low rider) and she is always in the front , facing the house, like she is protecting us...weird, I know...and I have never fed her, or touched her, but I do talk to her....the other is solid black and likes to perch on the edge of the roof....watching...I just look up at him and ..."well, what are you looking at?".. :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 12:14:19 pm »
Oh, How sad!
That is a pretty cat.
I got a cat growing up because someone through him out the window of the car while they were driving.  He used to love to hang around my neck.  His name was MG, after the car, he loved to purr.

My daughters middle name is for a dog I had growing up- Abbie.  I was an only child so she went with me everywhere, slept with me, my best friend, she waited  for to come home for Christmas vacation my first year at college and she passed.  I had gotten in an accident on the way and got home later than usual so I spent some time with her and went to bed and she was gone in the morning.  I was so sad and Thankful at the same time. Its been over 15 years and it still makes me cry. :'(

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 12:15:26 pm »
LOL..they sound like your guardian cats!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 03:55:33 pm »
Hey Ron,

Sorry about the problems you've had and the loss of your dog and cat. But it is cute you have been adopted by two more cats.

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline rondrond

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2008, 11:09:32 pm »
Thanks Mark. Everyone keeps saying that I should just go get another dog...but I'm not ready yet. Heck, I still jump for  noises at the door thinking I need to let Darcell back in.

and as I lift my sword, armed and prepared for to boldly fight my lifes battles:
   I'm blubbering again. My body does not feel that it belongs to me. I am in shock. I went to my saturday appointment for reclassification. I had been having reservations about this appointment being on a saturday and all and when I got to the Viola Pitts JPS Center the doors were locked. (Ijustknewit, knewitknewitknewit)..and then I saw the sign: *for saturday and after hours*... and found this door bell and this small hispanic lady appeared and my process began. It turns out that she works a 3 day on 4 off  schedule , thus getting saturday... She was very nice and while digging in my bag of life for requested Income Tax for 2007, proof of residency, latest bank statement, I was chatting up a storm and threw my hospital bill in the mix...and ..she"s saying "ok, you are classified and I am also approving you for the Ryan White Program"... which at JPS is, I think the HIV/AID floor called Healing Wings and I'm like... huh? This means that I will have copays of '0'..(.that's ZERO), and I can't see this card she is giving me as I'm starting to blubber, and then she says, COMPLETELY off the record that my first classification application back in August had been done wrong O.O and that I was only $400.00 over the income requirements and that they could have found some program that would have worked and I would not have this hopital bill or have had to pay all the money out of pocket for coumadin clinic, lab test and coumdain..and the separate physicians billing statement that I already paid off...-.- ..and that I could probably cause some kind of a stink, if I wanted to...completely off the record...and she gave me a name of a contact to talk to about reviewing my first application, just in case she was wrong and missed something.....and I just maybe, might, get this bill taken care of and maybe, might get reimbursed..maybe, completely off the record, depending on how aggressive I wanted to get with it....completely off the record and I forgot her name (so she wouldn't get in trouble)...I would personally just be glad to get the thing cancelled and be reimbursed for my out of pocket expenditures that I shouldn't have had to pay. .....This really sounds too good to be true, so I have to let it sink in..but in the meantime...
*I have Ryan White Funding at JPS for my dental
*I have been classified at JPS for a year of *no pay*
*I have met another really nice person
and then the mail comes in and...
*I have an appointment with Prevent Blindness Texas to check out my failing eyesight....I'm going to get to see again and not have to go through my old age stumbling around with outstretched arms..."pardon me..I'm so sorry...what does this say?...do you know the way to San Jose?"...
oh, phooey on these kleenexes...I need to get a sheet of Bounty....
I am so grateful, and I don't know where to direct all this 'peace on earth, good will to men'...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:12:05 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2008, 02:14:17 am »
Sounds like you got some really great news and met a wonderful lady.  Just the other day I opened the mail to 3 doctor bills that I don't have the money to pay but the fourth bill was from the teaching hospital where I have my esophageal work done and they were waiving the bills for my last few proceedures!  Yippy Skippy!  It made my day.

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 03:11:08 am »
I toast you getting those bills waived. And may they continue to do do. You must have been extra sweet and charming and flirted with the right one ;)

ronnie

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2008, 09:32:24 am »
Ronnie,
That is just awesome!!!  I am so happy for you! I guess Saturday appointments aren't too bad after all :)
Snow

Offline rondrond

« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2008, 10:17:16 am »
In reflection, I have always seemed to work the night shift, or 'graveyard' as some call it, with a few 'daytime' shifts and have found that people who work 'odd' hours are a pretty strange lot. I embrace that strangeness as I was one of them. Night/weekend shifts are more 'festive' than days and I would be so 'bored' when stuck on a day shift. There also appeared to be a lot more brown nosing during the day. Having worked in management almost my entire working career, I was apprehensive about an admin postion that worked weekends...my experience has been that they consider weekends off as part of the job description. I am glad to see that there are all these different options of 'earning your daily bread', such as work at home, her on 3 days off 4 days,(which does require a small sacrifice of having to work a 12 hour day),,but I have never had an 8 hour work day. Every time I tried to get off at my regularly scheduled time I would be greeted by wave after wave of someone needing this ot that as I slowly made my way to the exit..even after having bolted, somtimes I would be intercepted in the parking lot with "so and so is on the line and wants to know.." I would supervise almost 40 people at times and to keep some sanity and to insure I could do my reports and documentation on a timely basis I had two signals on my computer. If someone had a non emergency type problem, and they saw this little dog that looked a little robot and it wound up and its ears flapped up and down and it moved its mouth as though barking and its looked like it was jumping and happy..that was the signal that I was available and open for anything..but if they was a purple demon with a wicked grin, that was the signal that I was feeling stressed and approach with caution. If the switch on his back was flipped, which made his eyes light up as though he could shoot fire from his eyes...that was the signal that I was mad, I had had it, that I was ready to take it out on anyone who got close enough...that if it was not a true emergency, and you aprroached with something petty or stupid, you would suffer dire consequences...not being a true ogre, I did have key personnel they could go to when my monster was lit....
With all that is going on with my 'evolving' body changes, I have done a pretty exhaustive search for one of these coveted stay at home jobs and they have proved to be very elusive if not just a downright scam....but, fighting poverty will be a future battle....
right now, my concern is .".are you sure that you have to pull this tooth?"....
ronnie(who is still afraid of the dentist)(they hurt you..event though they say it won't hurt, it does....)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 10:20:02 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2008, 04:47:56 pm »
Rond, I've never been able to find an upright stay-at-home job.  About fighting poverty, well, let's just say you're in good company.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2008, 07:28:24 pm »
I was trying my hardest to avoid bankruptcy last year and I posted an ad on Craigslist with what I could do.  I actually got a response and was working with a property management co for awhile.  I was supposed to work from home PT, but intially was going to go into the office to learn the system for a couple of weeks.  It ended not working out, because they needed me more than full time, and I didn't have the time or the energy to put into it. 
I had worked every shift too and had learned how to do pretty much anything except drive truck.  I like the night shift because there was less traffic, less people and less BS on the job.  I always wonder if those ads for mystery shoppers are legit. 
They have all kinds of new fangled shit at the dentist now from what I see when I take my kids, who knows it might not hurt anymore :)
Got anything you could sell on ebay?  You could make some money off that, if you do it right.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2008, 11:29:02 pm »
I know that Jack in the Box has mystery shoppers. I was asst mgr and as they were coming through they had a checklist they were going down on key points Jack wanted to know about. I got pretty good at figuring out who they were as it was pretty hard to hide that clipboard. After they had made their purchase then they would come in and give me a copy of how we did.. there was a list of things they were to grade us on, and it was to be posted in the store for the employees to see how they were doing. You can go to the Jack in the Box Home page and there wil be a section regarding mystery shoppers.

It seems that even though they advertise for part time, they don't mean it..about the second to third day on the job, they start in on you staying later and working more...

"did that hurt?"..yes."did that hurt?"..yes..."well, does that hurt?"...YES...dentists are mean people...

EBAY....but...I love all my pretties....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2008, 12:54:51 am »
Katie does not like her new chair. The back does not go up and down with the touch of a switch, She has to reach back and pull a lever and pull the seat up which has twisted her back, irritating all of her dry discs, pulled the muscles and inflamed her rotor cuff thingy in her shoulder. She went back to her old chair saturday and sunday, but the damage has already been done, and I have done nothing but llisten to her moan, and groan, and cry, and wail with every.. single.. movement.. that she makes, interspersed with b_tch, b_tch,b_tch b_tch.... My head is pounding and very nerve is on end and half a bottle of Tylenol has done nothing. What has done something is when the clock finally crawled to bedtime and after she got in bed and finally went to sleep......finally, blissfull, sweet, I could cry (and I did) it's sooo welcome, peace and quiet.
So, tomorrow , while I am calling and setting up appointments, she will be calling these wheelchair people and I told her to give them an example of everything she has had me experience for the last two days....I wish I had a tape recorder, I would play it back for them...on high volume....set to play on continous loop..

the dynamic duo: ronnie & Katie
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 07:21:31 am by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2008, 07:46:39 am »
Katie is very fortunate to have you, Rond.  Not many people would do what you do, blood relative or not.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

bleueyes

« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 09:19:38 am »
My emergency room bills showed on my credit report and I had to actually post a complaint since more than one person worked at getting money from me. All three persons sent in a report for the same month. Experian actually checked it out and removed the second and third report.
I was in the emergency room having a panic attack, and they go through my purse but, pass over my state medical card? So they send me a bill six months later after telling me there is no bill my insurance covered it. 
I can't afford to pay it. If I won some money I would. All my other bills are current.
I think things will work out for you!

Offline rondrond

« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2008, 10:07:44 am »
Thank you, Betty. Everytime we have a family get together, eventually everyone will come and give me an ecouraging hug and call me a saint.. I do not feel like a saint, but am grateful for my life and this is not the first time Katie has gone on these 'jags'....there was that time when a majority of her like 6 doctors and specialists went off Medicaid....she had no meds for two days....I was locking myself in the bathroom with a loud radio and silently screaming untl her meds were finally approved and delivered. It's amazing to me how quickly she can go from hysterical screaming and crying and,,,"what?, she asks, as I'm handing her the phone"...."it's Mom...."...."I didn't hear the phone ring"..."I know, I called her".....and the second that phone hits her ear, she is all smiles, and calm, and .....poor Mom....I use her a lot ;D

Ahh, bleueyes, the inconsisitancies witihin the medical profession, even in the same building, same department, they all seem to have their own agenda. Welcome to the forums, they will give good advice. They have helped me hugely....after you start to recognize their avvies ;) you will be out and about and come across a bump in the road and think..:"now what would so and so do?....

Well, right now, Katie is on the phone and giving her hysterical version of this electric chair, and she is doing it good..they are on the way to pick it up and bring another one....this poor woman is getting an earful...so am I...but, I have just taken some more Tylenol and now that she is getting her way, she should get over herself pretty soon. Her Happy PIll makes her so happy that she can't cry, so , when she gets the chance to cry, she seems to make the most of it. ..might make a banner to stretch across the front porch...WELCOME MOBILITY DYNAMICS....you've found it..this is the place....I could even drive the thing out to the curb with a sign on it..take me ..please..

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 10:19:07 am »
Ron-
That really sucks, don't they customize her chair for her?  I thought they had to do measurements and stuff so they would avoid all that.  I hope the new chair is much better.  I agree, your sister is very lucky to have you, that is a great pic.
I can't stand whining or crying either, I realized this weekend how sensitive to sound I am or how much it can really piss me off, not so much the kids but my SO revving the engine over and over again, the static of a cb, really loud horns THEN the whiing makes me crazy :)
Have a good day! Hope you are both feeling better!
Snow

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 10:21:55 am »
Rond, it sounds like you could use some pills other than just Tylenol. ;)

Bleu, do you still work?  Because I don't, and frankly, I couldn't care less about medical places trying to collect from me.  There's nothing they can do if you're on disability. 

Offline rondrond

« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2008, 10:33:36 am »

The Dreaded Chair from HELL....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:52 pm »
The wheelchair people have just left. Katie locked herself in her room and would not come out. This ...woman..kept insisting that this was the only chair available for someone her weight, that the company would not approve a chair with everything electric, especially the seat going back as it could hurt her. Well, I pointed out,  the seat goes back on the non electric...what's the problem?...I had to point out that she had already been hurt when the chair almost tipped over and rolled out the garage when going up the ramp. That the seat is too 'small"...she gets in it and she is 'out there...she looks like, and she says it feels like, she is going to fall out at the slightest bump. *all I can think of is: did you watch Spiderman with the mad scientist who was taken over with all those arms? She looks like that in that chair, a puppet moving with no support* *or when your playingd dolls and you are holding the doll out at arms length and moving it side to side?..*  weird....
and then she went on about they wouldn't give her a chair that she wants with her weight....??...I stated that she has a chair like that "Quantum Jazzie, all electric" and when she got it she weighed MORE 6 years ago than she does now. She has lost weight,  but there is no 'confirmation' for her weight because we can't find a scale that will weigh her. :-[... That we HAVE to have the all electric so she won't hurt her back and I won't have to listen to her hysterics and crying because I was ready to go in her room and hit her on the head with a frying pan...and being her caretaker, I shouldn't be thinking like that..(I did not mean it, ... that statement could come back and bite me in the future) :-\...then she wanted the plastic that had been on the chair :-\  I had to point out that it was in the garbage, that my sister was incontinent and that it was in a bag of pissy diapers, that had been in the trash bin in the garage all weekend, I went and got the bag and plopped it in front of her, :o knowing that the aroma was enough to turn  a 'Golden Shower Boy" off...but if she absolutely had to have it, that I would go get some gloves and give it to her. :o...suddenly the importance of the platic wrapping became a mute point...so they're gone.... and took the chair away...and Katie has her caseworker working on another chair....
I just talked to Paula, my caseworker at Tarrant County Health and her advice is to get the Ryan White taken off of my classification as I already have HIV services with them...I guess this is a form of 'medical spam' JPS trying to get monies/services/clients/patients from Tarrant County...(I would prefer to stay with Tarrant County and Paula as she has gotten me everything I need with no problems)

ronnie (who feels special all of a sudden, people are fighting over me?)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:13:50 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2008, 04:50:34 pm »
Someone asked..why a new chair?..why not fix the old one?
Apparently, Medicaid has it in their computers that these chairs only last for six years...this is Katie's 3rd chair. They are just like cars, and cost just about as much..and require maintenance just like a car. Katie weighs...a lot..so the shocks start to wear out, which makes the chair tilt, the front tire was coming off, the control was broken off amd was being held in place by an ACE bandage. *you know I'm a Queen because I did not use duct tape*
The first couple of years, they are pretty good at maintenance issues...but,just like a car...the older it gets, the more expensive the upkeep, to the point it is cheaper to replace the chair than fix it. Now that the chair is gone, the tension has left the house and after a good nap, I should be renewed. Then we will have the joy of experiencing the next char they bring. All Katie is asking for is an all electric chair, especially the reclining feature. The representative was giving us a runaround stating that they did not make an all electric model that would carry her weight.That 6 years ago she did not weigh the same as today. "Thank you for noticing". I said...because she weighs LESS today than she did then.  >:( I then pointed to the chair in the bedroom that was she's had for the last 6 years and said,.,oh, there is proof that yes they do make a chair for her weight.  >:( Then she tried to feed me a line of BS about the electric reclining would be dangerous as she could fall over. Again, I pointed to the new chair and pulling the lever, it reclined. NOW, what is the difference in the danger element of the chair reclining from a push of the button, or from pulling a lever and grabbing and pulling? >:(
   Oh, boy. Things have really been moving very fast in my life here. lately, and then Katie's life jumped onboard and I was struggling to keep up with all these changes x2. I still have sticky notes over groups of bottles of pills re: when to take and how many....and to think I used to walk onto the work floor after being on vacation and pick up any changes and still manage 40 people. ....I really think that I am missing some parts of my mind....maybe they accidentally got shut away and I need to reopen some locked doors in my mind and let them out...".hello?.., .come out, come out,..I'm looking for you" ....

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »
Rond, I've got two words for you-pill boxes.  That's the only way I can keep my meds straight.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2008, 07:14:35 pm »
I will take your words to heart. There used to be a pill box in the kitchen until Katie and her 'Aide' got in there and 'cleaned'. It's clean, but I can't find anything. I would make a lousy rich person, being like Granny on the Clampitts doing all the work, as I can't stand strange people 'going through'...err..cleaning my things...and then deciding they like it better over there than where I had it. ...sigh..but it is clean and here I am complaining..I must have some sort of brain damage...because..I didn't feel like cleaning anything... :-\..I should be grateful..
YAY...it is finally going to rain. I have the yard mowed and planted the bermuda grass seed...well, I opened the end of the bag and scattered it around...turned my hand this lovely shade of bluegreen....I hope it wasnt toxic..it came off in the shower...probably have to mow the tub now....spent all day shooing birds out of the yard.  My "adopted' cat must be pregnant because she is walking ...real....slow........and looks like it is such an annoyance to have to be walking at all...no help with the bermuda grass seed eating birds.. :D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2008, 04:28:11 pm »
Well, I have survived my 'overdose'. I might even have experienced a slight energy boost from it. (druggie ronnie, who LOVES having energy,  pricks up his ears from his dark cage in the corner of his mind) Because, today, I can hardly stay awake, though it is raining and cooler, which is perfect for not getting out of bed. Then, I did exert a lot of my life force dealing with the 'wheelchair' and the hell it put me through yesterday.

Diaherrea is still ridiculous and I have included rice and calcum tablets in my diet. I just don't understand where it's all coming from? The output is far exceeding the input...as I see it....

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 04:44:24 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2008, 06:48:12 pm »
Rond, have you ever tried Immodium for your diarrhea?  There's also a prescription med for diarrhea called Lommotil, but that never did a thing for me.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2008, 07:38:02 pm »
oh, Bettty, the immodium is these tiny tablets that I am forcing myself not to eat like candy.

Well, I am never meant to be bored. Katie has left on the MITTS bus to have an 'echoe' for her heart and the phone starts ringing and I don't recognize the number, so I can't pick up. I can hear the caller leaving a message and it is the neighbor to my nephew, Robert, who lives two blocks down the road. She ws concerned about Robert and his dogs.A Great Dane and a Pitt Bull.  Robert has just married on the 26th and is on his honeymoon, on a cruise and then to his most favorite place in the whole world, Vegas, We had just talked to him two nights ago and they are in Vegas now. So, I am working my way up the driveway to check the mailbox and a see a squad car of Fort Worth's finest and they are driving slowly and I just have a brain cell jingling and the message coming trhough is "they are going to stop"..and I must be psychic, cause they pull right in front of me, stopped, and asked if I knew where Katie *** lived?"...I acknowledged that she lived here and that I was her brother and..."what's wrong?"...I started envisioning a bus crash,....and he stated that Roberts neigbors were calling and concerned because they had not seen him for weeks, and the grass was high and his dogs were getting out. So, I set their minds at ease that Robert was on his honeymoon in Vegas..They asked if I had been by the house lately and I said "no", and was advised that the grass was up top his armpits, that the dogs were not there, though a neighbor has been collecting them and putting them back, and there was no water or food ...oh Robert....so I told them that I would see what I could do..which means that I am probably going to have to mow a yard to keep him from getting a city citation, or worse, the city will mow it for $400.00, and he could get in trouble with SPCA...damn it..so am waiting for Katie to get here as she has the phone with his numbers in it so we call and see :just who did you leave in charge while you were gone, because they aren' doing it"...officers stated that the dogs were not at the house at this moment and that they had strewn all of the neighbors trash (its garbage day) so  I'll have to pick up trash....
and poor Robert....he's on his honeymoon for god's sake, so I'll just have to take care of it....
damnit....I am not buying food for a great dane and pitt bull that aren't there to enjoy it...and trash bags for the streets trash...RO-BERT....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:41:32 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2008, 10:38:31 pm »
ya know. I thought that I was going to find a man somewhere, and we were going to move out to the country and have chickens and cows...and a garden...and just grow old together and just be a silly old queen...instead...
I got to roberts house and pulled in the driveway. This is an emotional moment for me as this house holds a LOT of bad memories. This is the house where Granny died in the front bedroom, Katie's husband died in the back bedroom (heart attack)...attack...this is the house Katie was abused in by her alcoholic husband, and beat with a baseball bat in a blind rage. (She is not in a wheelchair for health reasons) I notice right off the bat, that there is not a piece of litter to be found in any of the neighbors yards. Walking up the driveway I notice that there is a line of trash bags and they are all torn open and strewn all along the porch and down the ramp (Katie was in a wheelchair before we moved out to Springer ave). Either the dogs did this or angry neighbors had left a calling card. I had brought trash bags with me and collected and placed the garbage in the bins. Then I went to the side of the house where the dog pen was, not expecting any as I had been there now for 30 minutes and not been greeted. I rattled the gate and no dog came running. There was water in the tub, and the ground was covered in muddy dog prints. "Doc,,Doc,,I called, still no dog. Then I heard claws scrabbling on the concrete on the side by the garage and here came this Great Dane glad to see me.....I threw open the gate and stood behind it, but he was too smart for me and jumped up on me after maneuvering behind the gate with me.. GREAT....I finally got him in the gate and was figuring out how I was going to get him in this cage, that he had alredy got out of three times(according to the neighbors) . As I was wresting with him, my cell rang, startling me, as it never rings. It is for emergency use only and only Mom and Katie have the number. Doc, took advantage of the distraction and got away, and through the gate, stopping to turn and look at me. It was Katie, Robert had answered his messages and....his dogs were in Dallas at a friends house. This was not Doc...??....So, muddy ronnie stood looking at the muddy stranger sitting there as though waiting for me to make the first move. Inspired, I called, hey, Vegas, ..stay.....he took off running around the house into the woods behind the house...
and... Robert will be home at midnight tonight, and won't have to clean off his porch before carrying his bride across the threshold.
What would they do without this silly old queen?....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:18:11 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2008, 10:45:31 pm »
More than one great dane? wonder what the odds are...

Offline rondrond

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2008, 10:58:30 pm »
More than one great dane? wonder what the odds are...

exactly..this comment from a friend:
Are you certain it wasn't Doc? It could be one of those amazing animal stories, dog runs away from dogsitter and runs all the way home for miles and miles!

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2008, 04:10:52 am »
Wow ... things just seem to keep piling up on you. 

I keep thinking what I would be doing in your situation and I gotta you I would be swiping some of Katie's Happy Pills and having myself at least 1 REALLY good day.   :D

Keep hanging in there!
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline rondrond

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56:54 am »
I be in FEAR of Katie's Happy Pills as I have seen the consequences of when she hasn't had them :o :D

Well, those calcium pills may have built up enough in my system to have had an affect...So, far, this morning, I have had two sitdowns resulting in my finishing two chapters in my book, and just passing gas, no diaherrea.  8) Of, course, it is still early, and I have had this false sense of being cured before. But at this moment...i'm cured.

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2008, 11:46:43 am »
Well, thank goodness for "moments," eh?   You know, just reading one of your posts makes me totally exhausted.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2008, 11:51:10 am »
oh, lord, now I have diarreah of the mouth.. ;D

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2008, 12:08:31 pm »
No dear, not because of their length; just what the content is.

Offline rondrond

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2008, 12:15:58 pm »
Crazy, isn't it?. 10 years ago I was giving away possessions, updating my will, and getting ready to go to my 'rest'....now, ... :-\ I can't find no rest no where...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2008, 12:33:34 pm »
...this is the house Katie was abused in by her alcoholic husband, and beat with a baseball bat in a blind rage. (She is not in a wheelchair for health reasons)

Wow Ron, I'm reallys sorry to hear this - it's horrific. Words just fail me.

What would your family do without you?

Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rondrond

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2008, 12:54:02 pm »
Thanks Ann.
Terrible things happen to good people and good people do terrible things. It has been 12 years.....and the man is dead. But he left his mark in the world and the suffering he started...continues.
I keep telling the boys that Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.
Sometimes I have to turn it around and say."Where would I be without my Family?".. :-\

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2008, 12:56:23 pm »

I keep telling the boys that Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

LMAO that is great.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2008, 05:06:45 pm »
That is a funny and strange story, maybe it was Docs boyfriend or girlfriend.  Not like you needed more stuff on your plate, so nice of you to go to the house and check it out.  I hope things work out with Katies wheelchair.  Honestly, I can't believe the person even mentioned weight, I am quite sure 80% of thier clients are bigger since they can not get up and excercise.  Sounds like that person needs to find a new job. 
Hope you are having a good day!
Snow

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2008, 06:46:44 pm »
Crazy, isn't it?. 10 years ago I was giving away possessions, updating my will, and getting ready to go to my 'rest'....now, ... :-\ I can't find no rest no where...

Rond, I did a will 13 years ago.  I don't even own 3/4 of the stuff that was contained in it anymore.  I suppose I should make out another one.

Thanks heavens your sister has you.  And your nephew and his new wife.  Did you ever find out where that other Great Dane came from?

Offline rondrond

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2008, 11:17:52 pm »
We have obtained many pets from the world of the 'stray dog'....There have been many a litter born in that dog pen, from a many Romeo wooing Juliette. Katie had an Irish Setter (a stray) ,named Daisy who had about 11 litters We had a permamnet sign to nail on the tree at the curb...FREE PUPPIES... with the daddy being anyhthing from another Irish Setter, A Rhodesian Ridgeback.(there was a litter that went FAST...they were beautiful, black with a red 'halo' and the ridge along the back...and my own Darcell whose daddy was a Golden Retirever. This stranger probably smelled the potenetial of a romantic tryst..probably from one of the houses down the road and got a whiff and came looking....what he was probably saying to me was..
"hey buddy, where's the bit**?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:20:38 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2008, 10:05:58 pm »
This afternoon, the computer threw Katie out of Pogo and froze and then wouldn't let her login. She called tech support and for three hours was on the phone with this guy trying to get back online. I was asleep on the couch and awoke in the middle of this. She was completely mentally exhausted from the ordeal and I was not long in catching up to her anxiety as we are addicted to the computer. We admit it. We live with it. A tiny little item to note is that anytime the computer goes down or stops working...Katie is on it. I have walked in to a rising anxiety attack that begins....."I didn't do nothing..I didn't download nothing..I didn't...I didn't...
So she is feverishly on the phone explaining to this tech nerd that he has got to fix this ..today..as this is her brothers computer and he does all his business on it ..financial and pleasure.. and it just needs to be working ...today. So, he says it could be Monday which makes us both feel that we are going to throw up...but then he agrees to come out to the house before 5pm. Katie has already decided that it is the modem and that I need to go buy a new one. Followed by she needs to order these eye drops that the doctor prescribed for $15.00 for a bottle that is smaller than my little finger. Followed by UPS leaving a huge packgage on the front porch ...
ogre ronnie awoke with a roar and tore her a new one about spending money...."oh, sure, let me go outside and shake my money tree"...I refused to pay for the eye drops and she was on the phone to the pharmacist at the time of my tirade telling her that her brother had determined that the eye drops were a want and not a need...that if they were a need that Medicaid would pay for them as the doctor prescribed them.....I HATE this new Evervare she is on...everytime I turn around I am having to shell out money for a prescription that a Doctor has orderd that is not covered by Medicaid... WTF....the pharmacist told her to listen to her doctor and not her brother....so she charged it on her credit card..which if she doesn't have the money to pay the bill, I will end up paying for it anyway....grrr...the stress of computer withdrawal was running rampant and now Katie was crying and I was tantruming, so I called Mom, who calmed me down..and I go mow the back yard, and boy was it hot outside... and I've showered ...and then this real cute guy from ATT showed up in his cute little ATT uniform and said that he had found the problem in a control box down the road and that we were not the only ones without a computer and...I didn't care any more as he was so cute I just had to lock my hands behind my back to keep from hugging him as he was now also my saviour as the computer was back online and running faster than its ever run before,....
...so Katie and I have buried the hatchet and we are trying to record this message on this special record a message card I bought and it plays music and I push the record button and we start jabbering..:Hi, Mom, We Love you, Happ"....and the card says..."record your message before the song"..so I close and reopen the card which automatically starts to play this song...so I close it and applying my college degree, put my finger on the record button, and then push it as I'm opening the card and the card says "record your message," So we start jabbering and the card says, record your mesage, and we jabber some more...and the card says record your mesage and starts to play its song...and I toss it to the table in disgust and say, well, looks like we are going to have to write our message and she can read it while shes listening to the music...and then USPS show up with the gift I bought Mom and I hear Katie's look ."oh, so you can spend money, but I can't?"...so I'm experiencing the jar of jalapeno theory .."be careful what you do today as tomorrow it might burn your butt"...and Sunday we will have a present and a musical card for Mothers Day ;)
..as if my behaviour wasn't bad enough, the big package from UPS had a large label on the side of it..."6' lighted palm tree"...which ..it was for me...it was supposed to be my christmas present...and a surprise....as I had wanted one this christmas, (I love palm trees)....and didn't get one ;( so its in the dining room, in its box and I've lost my memory and forgot its there....

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 10:21:19 pm by rondrond »

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2008, 06:21:04 am »
hehehehehe.... doncha just hate jalapenos? ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.