Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:51:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772964
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OK, those results finally came in.  (Read 7994 times)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
OK, those results finally came in.
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:43:25 pm »
I saw the doctor today - with an appointment and everything! ;)

He was pleased. You know the news will be pretty good when the doctor comes into the room whistling while he is reading your reports.

My cholesterol level is fine. It is well within the acceptable range. That includes the HDL, LDL and Triglycerides.

All I can say is WHOOPEE!!! ;D ;D ;D

I would give the exact numbers, but the nurse didn't give me copies of those. I asked for copies of my labs, but she only gave the viral load and such. She just forgot the rest. I will get them tomorrow.

More good news!!!  My liver enzymes are normal. Yep, not just down from what they were, but normal!!!

After some poking and prodding, the doc said my liver is in pretty good shape again. The inflammation that is a hallmark of nonalcoholic steato hepatitis seems to have gone away.

While there may still be some hepatic steatosis remaining, the NASH seems to no longer be an issue. Boy, you have no idea how happy that makes me.

This means I will still have to watch my diet and keep my intake of animal fats to a minimum, but that's OK. It doesn't bug me when I can see some good come from it.

It was frustrating to do all of that dieting, etc., and still be cursed with high lipids and a deteriorating liver.

The doctor said I might consider dropping the milk thistle from my host of pills since I really don't need it any longer.

That is what I call encouraging news! 8)

He wants me to cut back on the NSAIDS that I take. He is concerned that too much of them could cause problems.

But, aside from that, all is well as far as meds go. No need for statins, just my 500 mgs of Niaspan each evening.

Of course, the doc did have throw in one zinger. He wants me to have a colonoscopy.  :o

Yep, I'm that age and its that time. I knew that. But I was hoping to kind of ignore it for a while longer. ::)

I guess that will happen sometime after the first of the year.  :-\

But, what the heck. I'm still a happy camper! :P ;D

Oh, and just for the record, I did get my HIV lab results

Viral load <48

CD4 1,140

CD4 percentage 39% (where it has been for a decade, which, while monotonous, doesn't make me unhappy)

HUGS,

Mark

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 11:46:25 pm by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: OK, those results finally came in.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 05:46:07 am »
That's great news, Mark!  Congrats, and I hope it continues.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:03:02 am »
Happy Early Christmas to you!  I'm glad all your hard work and diet changes have really paid off!
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 02:08:49 pm »
Great news.

Now relax and have a Merry Christmas. 
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 02:20:58 pm »
Great news honey!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.......

Hugs,

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 02:24:40 pm »
Congrats on the good labs . You have inspired me to work on mine now . I got mine yesterday and I have work to do on that front .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 07:30:16 pm »
Good newsMarkie

My percentage starts to rise... it is now at 34 or so..

xx hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 08:46:27 pm »
Good job Mark....

Offline dixieman

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 05:32:04 pm »
Its alway Great to hear good news!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 07:05:11 pm »

Looking Good Mark !!!! Wonderful news to end the year on !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jody

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »
Congrats Mark on the uplifting news regarding your numbers and your overall health...Keep up the good work!

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Lis

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 06:12:54 am »
I'm so happy for you... mazel! :)
poz 1986....

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 08:02:38 pm »
Mark that is great news... such good results and no real issues....wow.... dont sweat the colonoscopy.   I have had several over the years.  they give you a shot, dream time and you wake up with no memory of it...

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 08:28:02 pm »
Great labs and great news, Mark!  I dread the colonoscopy thing, too.  Only bec I have never been put under anesthesia.  Let us know how it goes.  When my Iceman went in for his, they gave him pictures and everything!   ;)

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 08:35:46 pm »
Mark:

Very very nice report...Plus, a colonoscopy  :P ::) :o :D  to ring in the New Year! I wouldn't joke about the latter except it really is not the worst thing Since Kingdom Come (Where do these phrases come from?).

-Steven (aka megasept)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 09:29:08 pm »
 **** Kol Hakavod ****  L' Shalom ****

Mark, I knew you'd pass with flying colors  :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:37:04 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 04:08:51 am »
Mark, that made enjoyable reading, good for you.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline jm1953

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 09:49:54 pm »
Congrats Mark on your labs.  Your CD 4 # and percentage are remarkable.  I don't think I've ever had those numbers since I became positive in 1987, certainly not since they have been able to track them.  You are doing all the right things apparently.

I had a colonoscopy (sp) a year ago.  It's really not that bad except for the prep.  I waited and waited until I finally bit the bullet and had it done. 

BTW, they don't usually knock you out completely, at least with me, they used something called "Twilight" in the IV which keeps you in LALA land during the whole procedure.

Again, great numbers.  I get my labs in the week.  I hope I can at least remain stable as since I switched meds in June my numbers are all over the place.

Talk soon,

Jeff
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.