Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:00:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773274
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 373
Total: 375

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Squirrel Awareness Month  (Read 4993 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Squirrel Awareness Month
« on: October 09, 2019, 02:09:35 pm »
Apparently October is Squirrel awareness month in some places. #SquirrelAwarenessMonth

Although the Gray Squirrel is considered a foreign pest here in Ireland they sure are fun to photograph. Took a few pictures this evening from across the road   

« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:11:43 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Loa111

Re: Squirrel Awareness Month
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 03:14:48 am »
Lovely pics. They’re everywhere all over the place and in the city too.
The ones in the Botanic Gardens are so used to people you can almost pet them.
Foxes all over the place too.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 05:26:09 am »
Thanks.

Must give the Botanic Gardens a try for the foxes, very few in this neck of the woods or at least they are well hidden.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline daveR

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 06:47:26 am »
I enjoy watching them run through the trees in my garden and running along the power cables. Not tame enough to get close to. During my afternoon stroll down Jomtien beach there are a few tame one's that come out of the trees and you can feed. Even one black one, first I have ever seen. Cute looking critters.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 12:16:29 pm »
I enjoy watching them run through the trees in my garden and running along the power cables. Not tame enough to get close to. During my afternoon stroll down Jomtien beach there are a few tame one's that come out of the trees and you can feed. Even one black one, first I have ever seen. Cute looking critters.

A black one ... Cool did not know there was Black squirrels. Seen plenty of Gray and a few Red ones over the years   

The are indeed cool little critters as you put it, love watching the acrobatics they preform.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 07:00:55 am »
Oh,so i share the month of my bday with the squirrels  .
Although we do get excited in Greece every time when a squirrel appears(it's very rare). It was awkward to find out that in England (when i was there) they were as common as cats on parks.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 07:04:21 am by fabio »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 07:49:30 am »
 ;D lol hard to imagine excitement over a squirrel

Happy Birthday BTW - planning anything good for your birthday?

Last year I spent the day watching TV and not taking to anyone - It was fantastic!
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline fabio

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 09:45:34 am »
It's in a week,probably do some shopping and buying presents to myself ahha,gonna eat out with my family and then watch a movie.
Might get a squirrel cake,lol.

Offline fabio

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 09:46:23 am »
It's in a week,probably do some shopping and buying presents to myself ahha,gonna eat out with my family and then watch a movie.
Might get a squirrel cake,lol.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 09:51:18 am »
 ;D Squirrel cake

Well enjoy your birthday day
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 12:30:05 am »
 :P

I always try to be very aware of them, at least twice a year, one of them manages to aim, right from my left from wheel, and it sounds like I am going over a railroad track.  :o  Nice pics, the squirrels down here in Florida are scrawny little things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kPEjZpM8M

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline em

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 02:16:24 am »
looked into getting solar panels to get energy from the sun . then on this home improvement show they showed some panels and the wires were chewed through by squirrels. they suggested putting metal screens around the panels. having been an electrician for a while . they make metal coverings for wires in many types I thought that the steel pipes around the wires would prevent  rodents from chewing the wires.

they said that the panels would need to be replaced. I thought it was a bad design to begin with. steel wire covers should have been installed from the beginning to prevent this.  but no one asked me ?

rodents chewing at everything.

not trying to high jack the thread just thought that part of squirrel awareness should be prevention of the damage they can cause

I also have fruit trees near my home .   one year one of the trees was full of fruit and I thought wow a good year. then I walked by this tree later in the season  and they were all gone . there was this huge over weight squirrel in the tree with the last apple in its mouth chewing away on it .   

it was a good year for that squirrel.

EM     

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 02:21:50 am by em »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.