Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:03:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 310
Total: 311

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blip  (Read 2382 times)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Blip
« on: April 11, 2008, 02:30:03 pm »
After several years of being undetectable I had my first detectable viral load: 107. Fortunately my other numbers continue to improve. Six months ago CD4=826, now 975 and CD4% went from 26 to 32. A viral load of 107 is good enough for me and I don't plan making any changes. I've been very stressed lately and wondered if that would make a difference.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Blip
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:52:30 pm »
Well, if you are gonna have a blip - that's the way to do it.  With some testing standards still regarding <80 as undetectable, that blip is teensy.  And no offense, but with CD4 and % like those, I'm still more concerned to find out how your fella is doing.

You're clearly still doing fine.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:56:41 pm »
Happy to see you continue to do well. I wouldn't fuss about the itsy bitsy blip. You know we have had many discussions here about what stress can do to us.
I suggest a lovely Merlot, and a candle lit soothing bath. ;)
Good job doll.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 03:55:05 pm »
And no offense, but with CD4 and % like those, I'm still more concerned to find out how your fella is doing.

He is doing great. He is cancer free, feels perfect and is going back to work in May. He has not only joined a gym but has hired a personal trainer. He checks the mirror daily to appreciate having eyebrows again.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:52:39 pm »
I had a minor blip like that not too long ago. I hated it. But, the next set of labs was <50 again.

I have every confidence yours will undetectable again too.

Great news about the other half's doing so well. You both deserve a big hug, so give each other one for me.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:19:20 pm »
Hey Ford,

I have managed to remain undetectable since 1998 but have had a couple of blips.  Retesting the same day as the results are in and once again being undetectable has been the routine.  Then again I have had increases of over 100 T cells in my labs and seen them return to their normal count during next labs.  I bet you return to nondetectable in your next labs.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 07:17:33 am »
Hello Ford,

I've had about two or three of these small blips or increase in the viral load, over the past 4 plus something years while on meds. Each time, it always went back to undetectable, by the next test. Hopefully things will go back to < by your next tests.

Take care of yourself-------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Cliff

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 07:59:23 am »
Ford,

I think your next tests will be fine.  Assuming you've been adherent (and judging by your posts, I have no reason to believe you aren't), it's unlikely to be any underlying resistance issues.

Hang in there.  I know you're dealing with a lot of things right now, I wouldn't let this result overwhelm you.

Cliff

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.