Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:23:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: World Series is ON - UPDATE!!!  (Read 6501 times)

Offline kcmetroman

World Series is ON - UPDATE!!!
« on: July 13, 2006, 10:31:53 am »
Okay, some time ago, I posted about my son's team going to the Little League World Series.  The first two days they played pool rounds for seeding.  They lost their first game, then won their second in the pool round.  These games really meant nothing other than seeding for the final rounds.

Yesterday, they opened the championship round with a pounding of a team from south Texas.  D (my son) hit the first pitch one hop over the left field fence and they never looked back en route to a 14-1 drubbing.  Interestingly enough, the coach told me that when D has led off the game with a hit, the team is 31-0.  He is having an excellent tournament thus far, and they really have a shot, but there are some very good teams here.

I have been doing the commute to see as many games as I can (about a 3 1/2 hour drive one way).  Wish I could just drop all my commitments here for a week, but hey. My ass is sore, but it is well worth it.

I will keep you all posted..

John
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 05:55:35 pm by kcmetroman »

Offline Trish

Re: World Series is ON!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 10:37:37 am »
Wish I were there to share the sore ass with you hun, but you know, sitting on a couch now sounds mighty fine to me. :D

When you talk to D, tell him I'm cheering him and the team on.  They have they're own cheerleading squad right in Brooklyn, NY.  "Goooooo D and Marlins!!!"

:-*

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 11:07:42 am »
This is exciting JOhn.  Please, please keep us up-to-date.  To be honest, I'm much more interested in this some some lousy stinking soccer tournament!

robert

Offline Teresa

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 02:52:05 pm »
Wow! SO glad they are doing so well!

Keep us posted!  LOL...i remember the bleacher (sore) butt. Good memories.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline kcmetroman

Re: World Series is ON - UPDATE!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 05:58:19 pm »
Well, they played the number one team from Nebraska today (#2 seed in the tournament).  It was nip and tuck the whole game, when in the bottom of the seventh, D (bet you think I am making this up) hit a 3 run triple to win the game 7-5.  The Marlins move on!

John

(who swears this to be true)

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 06:55:38 pm »
WAY COOL!!! John.

Isn't the Little League World Series usually on TV?  Can't find it on my TIVO schedule.  Would be cool to watch. 

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline Teresa

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 07:04:02 pm »
WoooHooo  way to go D!

If it was on TV i would sure be watching and rooting for D and his team!

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Offline fearless

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 08:33:13 pm »
Go D.
Go Marlins.

How are the Australian teams doing in this 'World' series?
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 08:51:23 pm »
Hey Shane,

The little league series that they show on TV is normally 12 year olds, and actually a different federation.  He is in the 14U USSA. 

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 08:53:20 pm »
Alright!  Go Marlins!

(and might I add, the combo of a Midwest dude with a muscle T,  longneck beer bottle, baseball cap, and bird dog in that avatar earns a major WOOF! from these quarters)*

*my apologies to Cubbybear for stealing his line.   ;D

John

Offline Jody

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 09:40:47 pm »
Dear John and Trish ... Congrats on D doing so well with his baseball, it must be so exciting for you...It sounds like he must be fast, being a leadoff hitter and hitting triples already !!!

I have been a baseball fan for about 40 years now, suffering and some joy from my Mets !!! This year has been good but I always wait for the other shoe to drop...Maybe this is their year !!!

Anyway it sounds like D can already play for the KC Royals !!!

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 09:47:21 pm »

~~~  'D ~~~~  ROCKS !!!!

robert

(who believes anything)

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 08:52:35 am »
Well, they are still alive.  The lost to a team from Mississippi yesterday after rain delays, then had to play a game at 11pm last night, which they won 8-0.  Today is the real test.  They have to win 3 games in temperatures in excess of 100 degrees to reach the championship game. 

It will be a test of will and stamina...

I am going to pick up Trish at the airport today (YAY!) so I will miss them, but you can bet your ass if they are alive tomorrow, we will be there.

Love you all
John

Offline Teresa

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 09:11:46 am »
John,

Cant wait to hear how they do.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.