Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:43:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 638
Total: 638

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AGS-004 Personalized Immunotherapy seems promissing  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Jacques

AGS-004 Personalized Immunotherapy seems promissing
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:48:53 pm »
"Non-personalized HIV immunotherapies are unable to raise cytotoxic T lymphocytes against HIV antigens, fail to induce T cell memory, and, most importantly, do not provide antiviral protection against the patient's own particular virus," said Jean-Pierre Routy, M.D., of McGill University Health Center and Royal Victoria Hospital, the principle investigator and sponsor of the study. "A personalized immunotherapy addresses these issues because it is able to capture private viral mutations, providing a matched, complete immune response for each individual HIV patient. This approach may overcome the weaknesses of other available therapies and therefore could result in a better chance of success for HIV treatment."

LINK  to complete article:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2007_Feb_9/ai_n27143927

All I know about this study  (held  in Montreal)   is that phase I  results will be presented  in Mexico Hiv conference  next week and that  phase II is  already  recruiting.

Jacques
Jacques
Living positively since 1987
latest lab :july 2010
Undetectable Cd4 1080
43% on Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline bimazek

Re: AGS-004 Personalized Immunotherapy seems promissing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:14:47 pm »
this seems a bit similar to some other treatment i posted about which is good in that the persons own hiv is disabled sliced up so to speak and the parts, peptides and proteins are forming a kind of super vaccine

if you saw the TV movie  John Adams about the 2nd usa president
that was kind of the state of ART of vaccines in 1700s i posted about that on my bimazek research or somewhere else

i just looked at the press release it is 2007

a few other points

according to one of the TOP hiv experts at Univ of California -- the body everyones body is great at suppressing the virus that was in body 6 months ago  -- he said this  in a lecture --- that if the body only had to deal with the version of virus  in a few months it completely is able to deal with it, but the virus constantly changes its outer shell or its shape or something

basically this is the familiar mutation issue but on a micro level

in other words
there can be millions of mutations that occur every day to the virus

ONLY a  few actually are big enough to cause RESISTANCE to an HIV med or class of meds

so basically it is the old story of the swarm of viruses constantly mutating micro mutation everyday

every few weeks the virus escapes the immune system and the body has to build defense and this constant process is very destructive over time

so personalized may help in some way

i never understood why they dont just get all the versions together and make a vaccine out of a million different versions

there must be some UPPER limit to the versions or maybe it is like shapes of cars and models of cars and cars with dents there are infinite number of car bodies if you include the little dents that get in a car

even though there are only 300k different car bodies produced in history

that kind of thing

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.