Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:34:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 387
Total: 389

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Unprotected oral, protected vaginal, kissing with wound on lips  (Read 19887 times)

Offline carpediem

Unprotected oral, protected vaginal, kissing with wound on lips
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:09:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

First of all thank you all to creators of this great forum.

Here is my situation with a sex worker ..

I had protected vaginal sex with condom, unprotected oral sex (only she gave me blowjob i did not proceed oral sex on her) and kissing and also kissed and sucked her breasts, neck and whatever. I had a little wound on my lip, very small spot but not a bleeding one and as far as i know it did not bleed while we were kissing and after/before we kissed. And we did not kiss too long or very deep...Everything lasted about 20 min.

I need to know if there was any risk about all these. Any answer and help would me much appreciated..

Thank you all,

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Unprotected oral, protected vaginal, kissing with wound on lips
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:12:38 pm »
None at all, hon.  Take your fun memories of the night and move on.

There's a Lessons section here up at the top that can link you to how HIV is really transmitted, but it's not from any of the means you describe.  Protected sex is, well...protected.  And nobody gets HIV from getting a BJ. 

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline carpediem

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 07:20:38 pm »
Hi thunter,

thank you very much for your quick response...how about that wound on my lip and kissing with it ?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:21:55 pm »
No, the virus cannot be transmitted through kissing. Period.  Up at the top of the page is a lessons section.  You would probably be well to read it.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline carpediem

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:24:29 pm »
thank you betty...

so i guess i do not need to test over this incident at 13 week ?

cheers,

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:32:49 pm »
No there is no need to test over this incident.

Please read the Welcome Thread and follow the lessons, it will give you the information you need to know about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline carpediem

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 07:40:58 pm »
Hi Annie,

Thank you very much and i am very happy to see your response as one of the great mods of this forum. You all really are very helpful, kind people here and doing a great job..

İ have already read the welcome thread and how hiv is and is not transmitted but i guess suspicion and "what if's" has no boundaries and that's what troubles the minds of the most of us here.. :)

Thank you very much for your response and interest...

Best,

Offline carpediem

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 06:02:55 am »
...having other mods ideas about my situation like Ann, Andy who also have great knowledge about the issue would be very helpful..

Thanks,

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 06:11:21 am »
There is nothing we can add to Jan's comments. We're not some hand holding service for the emotionally frail. You don't need to test.

If you want someone to counsel you, seek the services of a therapist.

MtD

Offline carpediem

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 02:22:46 pm »
Matty,

thank you very much for your answer. I am just tryin' to figure things out with the help of very knowledgeable people here like you and have only one last question. If that wound on my lip bleeded while we were kissiing and i didn't realize would this change your answers about my situation ? this is my last question and would be very happy to see any of mods reply.

Thank you all so much...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 03:15:25 pm »
Carp,

No, our answers are not going to change. Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection. Never has been, never will be. Unless you and the person you kissed punched each other in the mouth hard enough to split each other's lips before kissing, you're worrying over nothing.

Nothing you have brought to us is a risk for hiv infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline carpediem

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 04:55:30 pm »
Hi Ann,

Thank you very much for your response...

" Unless you and the person you kissed punched each other in the mouth hard enough to split each other's lips before kissing "

I guess i am so worried i cant even smile at that but bring up a new question out of it.. :-[

I know it will sound stupid but can't help asking again...Is that mean if both one's lips/mouth are bleeding or one of them has a wound and other one's bleeding this is a very low risk but yet still a risk ?

Thanks,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 06:14:14 pm »
Could we just stick to your actual situation instead of throwing in more what ifs.

As Ann has accurately told you, you were absolutely not at risk in this situation you have described. Tell your mind to give it a rest. Really. If we had any doubts about it we'd tell you so. 
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 11:32:28 am »
Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your reply and interest. You all doing a great job here in this forum.

I always use condom and try to play it safe. But what was worrying me most about this incident of mine was that issue about my lip. But know i feel better, relieved and informed...

Andy, Ann, Matty and other friends thanks for your help and interest in this...

Best,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 11:43:36 am »
You're welcome. We're glad you found the responses to be helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 07:45:12 pm »
Hi Andy,

Something jumped into my mind about my incident i mentioned above and i couldn't help but just wanted have your thoughts about it...

She seemed to have a bad oral health specially her up two teeths on front. And mine is not too good too. Is this change anything or add a risk factor to my situation?

Thank you very much for your patience and answers.

Best,
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:59:25 pm by carpediem »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 05:08:31 am »
Carpe,

NO! Kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection! None of these details you are adding make the slightest difference. Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection. End of story. Got it? Good!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline carpediem

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 10:14:49 am »
Hi Ann,

Thank you very much for your response.

yes i absolutely got it :) but some rashes and pimple like things started to show up there and now i have started to worry about unprotected oral as far as we know that rash is one of the earlier symptoms...again i am feeling really scared :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:19:02 am by carpediem »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:46 am »
Carpe,

You're not listening. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection!

If you've bothered to read the Welcome Thread like you've been asked, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

You will not be permitted to post excessively about your NO RISK situation. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carpediem

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 10:49:28 am »
ok Ann. I am sorry.

guess the cause of those rashes and pimple like things must be something else....

Thank you very much for all your help

Thank you all.

Offline carpediem

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 02:00:12 pm »
Hi all,

I am just curious about some testing issue. How long does it take to get the results of an elisa blood test right after you give blood ? 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks ?

any answer would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 03:41:17 pm »
Carpe,

That's a question you'll have to ask at the place where you test. Test results can take anywhere from fifteen/twenty minutes, to two weeks to come back. It varies from place to place and also depends on which particular test is used.

You don't need to test over this incident, remember?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carpediem

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 04:02:24 pm »
Hi Ann,

yes I do remember :) i have just wondered and wanted to be informed. Actually i asked her to get tested and she did result came back negative after 1,5 day she took the test and in her result paper test was shown as "AntiHIV (1+2) negative" can this tell us anything about which particular test that is ?

Thank you very much for your kindness, patience and support Ann. You are just amazing...

Thanks,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 04:11:57 pm »
Carpe,

It doesn't matter what kind of test it was, other than the fact that it was an hiv antibody test and it was negative.

I'd like to remind you about the warning I gave you the other day. It still stands.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline carpediem

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 04:16:35 pm »
Thank you very much Ann..

Thank you very much for everything :)

Ok i promise that i will wirte no more about this incident of mine..

Best,

Offline optimist11

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 10:24:48 am »
How can i post a new question? Just cannot get it.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 12:15:57 pm »
OPt, click on "New Topic" and you can create your own thread.
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

Molluscum Contagiosum
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 07:37:19 am »
Hi Ann,

Thank you very much for your response.

yes i absolutely got it :) but some rashes and pimple like things started to show up there and now i have started to worry about unprotected oral as far as we know that rash is one of the earlier symptoms...again i am feeling really scared :(

Hi All,

I visited a doc about the above issue. dermatologist. And she diagnosed those and said that i have molluscum contagiosum (genital area, few not extensive or spreading). Now i am on treatment and they are healing. But i have ben reading on the net pretty much about mollucum and it seems like there's a correlation between molluscum and HIV from what i have read. Some say vast majority of people who has molluscum got nothing to do with HIV but its also common in Hıv positive people.  I am really very scared. Can anybody help ? If someone has molluscum which is a skin disease mean that there is a possibility that this person also has HIV ? Or does it mean that since i have molluscum i could have contracted HIV ? İ am really very worried now because of molluscum...Please help.

This forum is where the most knowledgeable people about HIV on the net are gathered to help worried and info craving ones and your thoughts are really very important for me...

Thank you all,
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:40:06 am by carpediem »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 09:27:21 am »
I don't know specifically what you have been reading but I don't have to. Molluscum are absolutely NOT an HIV-specific occurence. They happen to those who are HIV negative as well as HIV positive.

So this is more of your mind mistakenly working overtime about HIV jitters. You STILL didn't have a risk for HIV and there's  no need for testing. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 04:05:13 pm »
Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your response...

My doc also says that its nothing to worry about and actually its very common among sexually active adults. But when you sit in front your monitor and start surfing the net specially about health issues maybe you wont believe me but all kinds of mind mixing info is out there. Specially when if you're ignorant about the issue.

So thank god we have really knowledgable and helping people in this forum like you..

Thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 05:03:01 pm »
And stop surfing the net. Information is not the same thing as knowledge.
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 03:36:15 pm »
Hi All,

I have a question about tests...

HIV Antibody (1&2) + p24 antigyen...

is that mean a different test than classic elisa antibody tests. Is it a duo test ? Does it include elisa antibody test or something different with mixing of two different methods ? Or does it simply mean both elisa antibody and p24 tests are done ? And is it reliable ?

Many thanks,

Offline carpediem

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 04:21:22 pm »
By the way this question is not about the issue i have reported above.

Friend of mine here next to me and he is really very worried.

He has taken this test at 2 months and results came back negative. Since we all know 3 months test is conclusive but is this negative at 2 months by this test is also good news for 3 months test will most probably also be negative. Pls help...Andy are you there ?

risk taken was ; unprotected vaginal and oral sex with a local girl 2 months before, unknown status

Thanks,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 08:43:45 pm »
The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. A negative at 2 months points to the way to very likely continuing to test negative at 13 weeks. Tell your friend he can have all the sex he likes with as many partners as he wants to. Their HIV status is irrelevant as long as he always uses a latex condom for intercourse. They do the job when a guy wears them consistently.

The tests you have mentioned are all approved and reliable. Stop fussing with details. You just feed your craziness that way. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2008, 06:24:20 am »
Andy,

Thank you very much again for sharing a bit of your great knowledge about the issue...

I can't believe how much caring, helping and a great person you are. What would we do without you and this great forum with other great mods and people.

You all doing amazing job here in this forum. Our prayers are with you all...

I have read everthing you have written exactly to him on the phone. He knows his mistake. Believe me he was feeling terrible last night because he also has a panic attack and depression for a long time. Last night hivphobia was also added to those and i just wanted to help him. Couldn't think of a better idea but log in here and have your thoughts about the situation...Of course that was the best thing to do !

Answer of yours gave him really a bit of relief.

Thank you so much...

Best

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:50 am »
Good. I'm glad my response was helpful.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 10:00:02 am »
Hi,

He tested again at 12 weeks point and result didn't change. Negative again. You people here really know the real deal. Many thanks for all the info that you have shared. I guess its nearly impossible for someone that tested neg at 8, 9 or 10 weeks past incident turn out to be pos at 12-13 week point...

It was again a ab+ag test taken at the same place. I don't know if it is duo, combo or whatever but i guess it is a reliable test.

but know he is being paranoid again about the issues below...Your answers will be much appreciated and helping.

1) He is on vaccination for HepB. he got his 2nd vaccine shot on January and the 3rd (last one) will be shot at 25th of this month. So is it possible that this vaccination period may cause late seroconvertion or fake test results ? ıs there any chance ? or at this point can we say that he is conclusively neg ?

2) I guess he read somewhere on the net that those antigyen tests are not reliable unless they are done at the very early stages of exposure. He has taken an ab+ag test and i guess this includes the antibody test but since ag test is also a part of it so is it possible that this one maybe a false negative ?

Many thanks,
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 10:01:42 am by carpediem »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 12:05:10 pm »
A false negative can occur only when the test is taken far too early. That clearly doesn't apply in this case. His Hep B vaccination whould not skewer his results.

He's HIV negative. Period. End of story. Time for everyone to get on with their lives. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline carpediem

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 07:36:10 pm »
Hi Andy,

It's very nice to see your quick response  :) Many thanks for all your help through this. Thank you so much...Thank you all

Best,

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.