Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 10:00:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I need to F´N Vent.  (Read 7123 times)

Offline ryeguy

I need to F´N Vent.
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:57:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am so unhappy at the moment I am not sure where to start, and if you don't want me to bore you to death with my self-sorrow then stop reading now.

TO start with I am starting to hate my F´N job and have been looking for something better, which I don't think will be very easy. At the moment I am working at the Dorint-Sofitel Am Gandarmenmarkt in Berlin. The richest area of Berlin but for a service worker not the best paid.... it's just about prestige and that doesn't always pay my bills on time. Still having a Countess as my boss in a 5Star hotel is good for my Resume. I think 1,5 years is enough in our 5 star stiff bitchy snobby breakfast restaurant.

Next is my boyfriend which I have had for 2 years, I do love him and that's a lot of my problem cause if I didn't I would dump him. Ask me if I am being unrealistic. He is 24, I am 32, we have had sex in the last 2 years( I mean the real deal about 10 times.) I am not asking for a lot but that is kind of seldom. I would love to at least 2 a week, but he is just happy with M and M. :-(((((  It is hard to break up with him just for that reason, otherwise he is almost perfect!!! My oh my what does one do, He even gave me the green card to have sex with other men but I don't want to, I only want to F... my boyfriend, Is this strange in the year2007? Am I just too old fashioned? I think if he was pos too things would be so much easier.

Have I mentioned I am getting tired of living in Germany and consider moving back to the U.S., but I am so afraid that there I won't get the great level of health care that I get here.

There is little keeping me here, On the other hand I have nothing and no family in the U.S. Only memories of my childhood in California. God at this moment I feel alone on this planet. Anyone else ever feel like this?

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Re: I need to F´N Vent.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:10:51 pm »
Hey cutie

Vent all you want here. In regards to your job, there is something better for you out there. Where? You gotta start looking. When will you find it? It can be a few weeks or a year. About your boyfriend. If there is real love between both of you then stick with him and talk to him about sex. Make it interesting for him. I been single for years now and have not found one right person for me. I have left a couple of guys because I wanted more sex but at the end of the day, being loved and spending your free days with someone you care about is what matters most. Sex is essential in a relationship but what do you need more now? Sex or Love? One shouldn't have to choose but being alone always is not so good either. If things get intolerable or worse then you need to decide one thing or the other.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 03:21:59 pm »
meh... I'd rather be alone than with someone who made me feel unattractive in bed, but to each his own.  I'd definitely have a conversation (or three) and communicate.  2 years is quite a long time to harbor resentment about sex... hasn't this spilled over to other issues?  I can't go 2 years without say what's on my mind... in fact 2 weeks.  Good luck with things and happy job hunting.

What's "M and M"?  Guess I'm not up on things.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 03:27:26 pm »
Venting is a good thing.  I feel alone in a crowded room sometimes.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 03:31:15 pm »
Ditto on the M and M.  If you find a job here that provides health benefits, you will be as well taken care of as anywhere.  If you have to rely on the govt for care, ADAP for drugs etc - then be prepared to be frustrated - a lot.  As for the bf, who's 24 and isn't into sex (an extraterrestrial?), perhaps it's time to move on, perhaps it's worth some couples counseling to get things sparking.  His giving you the green light to have sex elsewhere is his way of saying that he can't be bothered and doesn't want to deal with it.  Not encouraging.  Also you might consider how hard it is to reason with a kid.  If I were you and I found a good job stateside, he'd be auf'd.

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 03:36:20 pm »
Thanxx for your responses. M and M is mutual masturbation :-* ::) ???

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 03:39:50 pm »
Quote from: Razorbill
If I were you and I found a good job stateside, he'd be auf'd.

ha ha... go Heidi Klum!

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 03:52:29 pm »
hey, good luck to you

As for the bf, who's 24 and isn't into sex (an extraterrestrial?),

:D

If I were you and I found a good job stateside, he'd be auf'd.

:D

razor's extra sharp today  :D watch out everyone, he's taking no prisoners :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:54:38 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 05:58:21 pm »
There are days like this, and weeks and months like this.  And we all do and need to vent. :)  As for the job issue, have you been able to do more than look?  Have you gotten your feet wet so you could see if you would like the water?  Have you gotten close to cutting the rope so you could see/feel if it really was as bad as it sometimes seems?  Is it about the money?  The status?  The area of work even?  Can you see yourself doing something completely different yet?  Have you talked to friends who do other things?  The more proactive you can be, the more you will start to feel in control, even if control keeps you where you are.

About your boyfriend, lot's of things also come to mind.  Do you know, have you directly talked about, your being positive and his being negative?  We have had a number of threads in which we have heard from others that the positive/negative difference has led to problems, such as exactly yours.  MM is sex, that said.  Have you asked him about why it stops where it does?   Have you tried to push things farther along.  Is he, perhaps reasonably, concerned about your topping him since you are positive?  He is 'almost perfect.'  What does that mean to you?  Is it just the sex aspect or other things?

About Germany versus the U.S., isn't the grass always greener on the other side of the whatever we are talking about?  The boyfriend you don't have better than the boyfriend you do have?  The job you don't have better than the job you do have?  But this is what times such as you are going through are like for all of us.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 08:53:54 pm »
Its ok to vent, we all get frustrated sometimes (and some of us quite frequently)...

Have you told your boyfriend that you dont want to sleep with anyone else but him? If you have did he try to change the subject or ignore the problem (if so then maybe he doesnt want to deal with this issue...he probably cares but just one of those people who rather ignore than deal). If you talk openly/honestly with him try asking him why he doesnt want sex? maybe hes just one of those few that isnt all that sexual. maybe hes afraid of getting infected, maybe he just doesnt have that spark even though he loves you....could be many reasons but you should try to figure it out. Once you find out what it is then you can try to work/deal with it (if he doesnt want to deal with it then you have to decide if you can accept that:-))....

and as a poster above said reasoning with a 24 year old can be difficult hahaha its true (but not impossible)

Hope you find a job that makes you happy...i know the feeling im sick of my job but ill be changing soon enough

good luck
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 09:36:45 pm »
Your saying all the right things... You know what you want....  AS others have already alluded to, talk to your BF and explain to him your needs... Then at least you will know what he wants.... 

Hay, its just a job... I to work in the god forsaken hotel business... 19 years to be exact.   I still find the good stuff in it..  But I can also certainly dwell on the pompas assholes that pay my mortgage, drug, and electric bills - but I don't..  Wouldn't have a clue about what a real wordily job would be like... ;D

Whatever you do,  put first things first.  A talk with the bf would be a good start.   Then brush of the resume and come back to this freaking USA if you want.... ;)

Love,

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 04:24:19 pm »
Thankyou everyone!

I have taken some time not just to consider what I really want, but also to be honest with myself and the things which I can change and the thing which I can not.

With my boyfriend I think everything will work out. We had a couple of good heart to hearts and without being too indiscreet I am sure we are on the right track.  :-))

As far as my job I have decided to do a distant learning program and invest time and energy into my future. I did not know it was possible to get a degree in Tourism, but here in Germany it is. With this degree and a whole lot of hotel experience I might just land in a General Managers chair:-) I plan to stat my study in Feb:-)

Not ready to leave Germany just yet, I guess Berlin is home for me:-)

Lots of love to you all in the States:-)

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 06:09:42 pm »
I've said it before... a relationship without intimacy is not a relationship.  I left men I loved because of it.  I would rather be alone than with someone who doesn't want to have sex with me. 

As far as moving back to the US goes... the healthcare is fine as long as you have a job which has insurance. 

However, keep in mind, that lots of people leave their boyfriends and live in places where they don't know anyone.  This would be no different for you.  You can choose to stay in Berlin and just meet new people.  Think of it as an opportunity, and stop wasting time.  Life is too short to remain in unhappy relationships.
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 06:26:38 pm »
"I've said it before... a relationship without intimacy is not a relationship.  I left men I loved because of it.  I would rather be alone than with someone who doesn't want to have sex with me."

This is true for me too. Having said that, I also accept that people have different priorities, different needs. I could not be in a sexless relationship. But I know several couples who are and who seem to be perfectly OK with that state of affairs.

Glad you're talking things through with the boyfriend.

Jay
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 12:49:17 am »
My last one kept trying to fist me... had to give him the heave ho

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 02:58:28 am »
Hi Rion,
I have been so happy to see you of late, despite your heartfelt need right now.
You have always struck me as a man who is confident, capable, and conscientious.

I have a dim memory of being as wrapped as you are right now.(read;trapped)

I hope you can come to an agreeable mindset.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 07:26:55 am »
All this talk about sex. Sex,sex,sex.  Ill be back in three minutes ;D
Meds doing well so far.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 09:46:38 am »
Hey R,

It's been a while! Glad you've popped in for a visit.

I remember when you took this job you were pretty happy, Now it sounds like you need to grow and move forward. I think the schooling will be a good thing and, like you said, maybe land you in the general manager's chair.

One of these days, I must visit Germany. I loved Fassbinder's films and always had the Querelle fantasy, but that's another story.

Visit more often, please.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.