Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:40:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 625
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Is this it?  (Read 24478 times)

Offline dontaye

• Standard
Is this it?
« on: August 14, 2006, 07:29:54 pm »
Hello.

I was wondering if one of you experts could help me.  About four weeks ago I had sex with a street prostitute. She placed the condom on my penis but it didn't roll down easily.  It did eventually roll down and we had intercourse. Now I'm worried that the condom may have been inside out. Should this be of concern? I'm starting to freak out here.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Is this it?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:45:32 pm »
You are kidding? It didn't make a difference even if it was inside out. Gee, what people will do to prolong sex. You were at no risk for HIV.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »
No concern. No risk.

The fact that it rolled down AT ALL means it was right-side out. You ought to try and roll down a condom inside out. It's easier to simply swap it out. But even if you DID use a condom inside out, it protects the same.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:54:30 pm »
Thanks alot guys. I feel sooooo much better. I guess protected means protected even if the condom is inside out. Thanks for the quick response and have a nice day.

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 08:22:44 am »
First off,

I want to say thanks to those who take the time to answer questions to
worried guys like me.

I never use condoms for receiving oral sex. I always use one for vaginal sex. I never do anal. I live in an area with a high std/aids rate in baltimore. I have had multiple sex partners in the past but I always put on a latex condom (usually Magnum) before each encounter of vaginal sex and took it off when I was done or about to ejaculate into the females mouth. Here is my problem. On a few encounters, I didn't thouroughly examine the condom after I finished intercourse. I know a condom break is not subtle and I wouldnt have been worried if I didnt start burning when I started to pee.

I also had a rash appear below my belly around the waist around 11 days after one encounter. It started off white and turned red. It was a little itchy but not much. Now Im thinking this is the ars rash. Few weeks later I started to get a discharge and went to a patient first.
So my test results came back positive for gonnahrea. So that means I either caught it from unprotected oral or the condom broke without me noticing. I informed the doctor that I always wear a latex condom before each time i have vaginal sex and take it off after i finsh so that I can avoid HIV. He looked at me and told me, "Condoms do break". I told him yeah i know Doc. So now im really worried. After the rash and the clap all i can think is that the sucker that was suppose to be protecting me wasn't intact and exposed me to this horrible virus. I know im done with girls for good and I can't even stand looking at them now. After years of reading this forum, The body and Medhelp due to irrational fears, this is the first time I'm posting because of a real risk. I always thought protected meant protected and as long as I wore latex condoms consistently (all the time) and correctly (put condom on before insertion, dont reuse) I'm starting to rethink this type of thinking. If only I had held each condom to the light when i was finished instead of rushing to take them off I wouldnt even be worried. I'm going to eventually get tested because it will be the only way to calm my fears but should I be worried? Please help me

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 09:31:24 am »
You did not have a risk for HIV because the vaginal sex you had was protected and the oral was not a risk .

Condoms are designed in such a way as to leave no doubt when they fail so you can rest assured you would have noticed . Many stds like gonorrhea are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv and the oral sex you had is a risk for stds ... but NOT HIV .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 10:22:43 am »
Please only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits and the subject matter. You can find your thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 11:41:41 am »
"Condoms are designed in such a way as to leave no doubt when they fail so you can rest assured you would have noticed".

Thanks Jeff G. I'm still worried because these last weeks, I've had pain in my neck (swollen lymph nodes?) and in my groin as well dizzy spells and pain in my muscle (calf and stomach). I just read this guy's post who posted in this forum with the same symptoms and I had a rash also. A few weeks ago. His post just got moved to Just tested positive forum.  Now I'm trying to go back and think in what encounter could my condom may have broke and I didn't notice. As I stated I didnt thouroghly check the condom when I rapidly took it off after vaginal intercourse. Symptoms don't lie especially when I didnt have these symptoms before. This is going to be a long 3 months to wait. Why is it so hard for us to just check the damn condom before removing it? It would save me so much stress and anxiety. I hate this guessing game.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 11:58:28 am »
Symptoms do lie and can be caused by many other things than HIV including looking for them and stress . The only way to know your status is to test and not from symptoms that are in no specific to HIV .

If you cant accept your no risk assessment than go test at 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results and when it comes out negative you will feel better . In the mean time if you are sick go see your doctor and find out why instead of guessing whats wrong . If this is only concern then HIV is not whats making you sick . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 12:21:56 pm »
Thanks Jeff.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 12:23:52 pm »
You are welcome .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:20 am »
Hello Guys,

I have one last question and then Im going to drop it and accept my no risk situation. I noticed on the post when it regards condom breaks, even when the poster states that they didnt really get a good look at the condom because of lighting, removing it quickly etc. I am wondering why you guys see this as no risk? The reason we are worried in the first place is because we don't know for certain if the condom was intact or not. Since I definitely didn't see any of my condoms broke after intercourse Im going to assume that it didn't. However, because of the quick removal, not checking thouroughly only a test at 3 months will assure me of that. Once again thanks a lot guys. All of you that take the time to answer questions and deal with worriers like me have a lot of patience. I will be donating to an AIDS charity annually from now on whether im negative or not.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 08:39:44 am »
Hello Guys,

I have one last question and then Im going to drop it and accept my no risk situation. I noticed on the post when it regards condom breaks, even when the poster states that they didnt really get a good look at the condom because of lighting, removing it quickly etc. I am wondering why you guys see this as no risk? The reason we are worried in the first place is because we don't know for certain if the condom was intact or not. Since I definitely didn't see any of my condoms broke after intercourse Im going to assume that it didn't. However, because of the quick removal, not checking thouroughly only a test at 3 months will assure me of that. Once again thanks a lot guys. All of you that take the time to answer questions and deal with worriers like me have a lot of patience. I will be donating to an AIDS charity annually from now on whether im negative or not.

We never tell a person not to test for HIV ... I include this at least once in every assessment I do . On a different subject, we are qualified, experienced volunteers who are giving our time to do these risk assessments and are not here to have conversations in this particular forum and most times all you need to know about testing and protecting yourself from HIV can be addressed in 3 questions . All sexually active people should test for HIV and that is what really matters .... If you test at the appropriate time you will know your HIV status . 

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:29 am »
Thanks Jeff. I definitely trust your expert opinion. It was just the testing positive for gonnarhea, possible ARS symptoms and the Dr. telling me condoms do break after I told him that I always wear condoms for sex but not for oral. It was like he didnt even acknowledge the fact that i could have gotten the clap from receiving an unprotective blowjob. So thats what had me worried that the condom may have broken and i didnt notice. Heck, I wouldn't even have been worried at all if I hadn't gotten the clap to begin with. That's when all the what if scenarios came into my head. I put a condom at the end of a brush the other day to masturbate it and see what it looks like when it breaks and it was very obvious. So im feeling better that if it had happened in my case then i would have noticed. I went through the condom and lube facts you gave me and will get some lube to use alongside my Magnums from now on for extra precaution. I just find it ironic that the reason I spend all this money on condoms is to not have to worry about HIV and here I am on the Am I infected forum. Anxiety will make you get "symptoms", diagnose yourself, question protected encounters and no risk situations.  Im going to test in October just for anxiety sake and collect what I expect to be a negative. Once again thanks for helping those guys like me.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 11:07:55 am »
You're welcome .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 07:40:59 pm »
No matter how hard I try I still can't ignore the rash that was below my stomach around my waist line. It's just weird that it showed up about a little after a week after my "supposed" protected incident when I didn't thoroughly check the condom. I'm hoping not ARS rash.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 08:55:49 pm »
If you are uneasy then go test for peace of mind only . If this is your only concern it will be negative .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 01:18:32 pm »
Hello guys, once again its your constant worrier.
The good news. I should be woo hooing because I took my physical Oct 23rd
and all STD's came back negative including HIV. However in between my window period and test I had sex with street walkers in Baltimore. Always with a Trojan latex condom and ky lube to prevent breakage. I didnt notice any breaks and no condoms slipped off. Unfortunately I started to get symptoms few weeks after the
encounters. Real symptoms. Sweating at night, headache, stuffy ears, stomache
aches, and a bump in my groin area (swollen lymph node?). This bump may be related to HPV because I do have genital warts. This was after I received my negative so possible that I justdidnt start to seroconvert until after the test in October. I already had my flu shot also so I shouldnt have gotten these symptoms. So naturally my mind
returns to the possibility of ARS since I don't know what could be causing
these symptoms. Only thing is I don't ever remember the condom breaking.
I would check the condom quickly and didn't see hoola hoop with just the
ring or fringed pieces of condoms. But maybe it happened and for
some reason I just didnt notice. I wouldnt even be worried if I didnt
have these symptoms so close to after having sex with these women. Part
of me wants to say hey dude protected means protected but another side of me
is thinking i may have missed the condom breaking because of the unexplained symptoms. I called the testing center today and set up an appointment for
next Friday for HIV test. Help me. My mind is all over the place. I'm always telling people to wear latex condoms and use plenty of lube to avoid HIV infection
and hear I am yet again worried out of my mind.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 01:44:19 pm »
Its sounds like you are suffering anxiety . If you ever have a real risk the window period for testing is 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »
Thanks Jeff. So should I be worried or would you even suggest a test?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »
Only if you had a risk . If not then just test at your next regular checkup .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 09:20:32 am »
Hello guys. I'm back probably for the last time in this forum. So almost at the beginning of the year I had sex with a street walker. I'm not a 100 percent sure
But I believe the condom broke. I didn't thoroughly examine because it was dark. She took the condom off before I could really see it. When she turned on the lights I seen blood on the bed and she said oh dang I just started my period. I wasn't so sure if the condom broke so I didn't go to request pep. I did have blood round my thigh area and on my hand which I washed off. I also received bbbj from 3 other girls over the past 2 weeks. Now I have discharge which could be the clap again or chlymydia. I either received this from the possible condom breakage or bbbj. I had diarrhea yesterday. Explosive and had loose stools for several days now. My throat been a little sore also. I'm on my way to get a full sti panel and treatment for clap or chlymydia. I know I got hoc for sure now. No matter how safe I tried abstinence is the only answer. I'm holding on to a little hope but think I will be the first insertive partner that got job on this forum. Any thoughts?

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 09:26:00 am »
Also have fever and sore throat and starting to sweat.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 09:34:00 am »
Its sounds like you are suffering anxiety . If you ever have a real risk the window period for testing is 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results . 

There is nothing much more we can do for you ... if you feel you had a risk go test .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 10:10:33 am »
Thanks Jeff.

It's just with the discharge I know I have some sort of std. I know I could have possibly received from bbbj but since I didn't thoroughly examine the condom after the one incident I'm freaking out. As you stated getting tested at the appropriate time will be the only way to know for sure. One last question if the conform did break, will the presense of her blood increase risk? I'm so scared. The only thing helping me right now is when you guys say that the insertive partner rarely gets infected when condom break.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 10:15:00 am »
If the condom broke then you had a risk is about all we can tell you . I think you need to talk to your doctor and tell them you are having illogical fears about HIV … we can’t help you with your phobia or anxiety surrounding HIV and we can’t hold your hand every time you have sex and imagine you may have had a risk or not .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 12:32:20 pm »
Thanks Jeff. Sometimes my fear can be powerful with this disease. I went in Monday and got labs for all std's. Came back positive on Chlamydia, everything else including HIV negative. Since it's Chlamydia that means the condom must have broke since you cant get that from insertive bbbj. So much for the if the condom broke you would know without a doubt theory. I will retest for everything at the end of March. So ironic to me that wearing condoms is as much as playing Russian roulette as without them. I'm sure i probably got the big one since my symptoms earlier this week was flu like. The test probably just didnt pick it up since it would be sero-conversion. Thanks for all the support all of you guys gave me over the years in this forum.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 12:40:36 pm »
You would have known if the condom broke … there really is nothing more we can advise you on at this point .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 09:16:02 am »
So the moment of dread is here. I'm at my three month mark since the condom break incident. I'm pretty sure the condom broke even though I couldn't see it since it was very dark and she removed it before I could get a chance to turn on the lights. Regardless, I talked to a female friend that use to room with her and she verified that she had the virus. I approached her and she just looked dumbfounded with out confirming or denying. I could have just choked her. I'm going in to take my test next Saturday morning and will know by next week my results. Unfortunately since she was menstruating (blood was all on the bed and my thighs) when she turned on the light. Pretended like it was a shock to her. I had blood on my thigh also that I wiped with a rag. I didn't notice any blood when I wiped my penis area but I was anxious by then and may overlooked it. It's unfortunate but I know that I'm going to be the first insertive partner on this forum to  contract the virus via a condom break. Sad, unlikely but true. When I confirm it and you guys move my post to the recently infected forum I dont want anyone doubting my story. I know I wear condoms consistently (before every act of vaginal intercourse, I dont do anal) and correctly. Although I need to use more water based lube. I use magnums because i had durex break on me in the past. Heck I even dont have to pay for them at my local 7-11 sometimes since I always buy them the person at the register gives them to me for free sometimes. I'm just worried out of my mind. I just know next weekend is dooms day.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 12:40:33 pm »
Feelings aren't facts so now matter how sure you are that you are going to test positive, the odds are still very much in favor of your testing negative.

Keep us posted and good luck with the test.
Andy Velez

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 11:20:17 pm »
First off, I want to thank all of the moderators that take time out of their busy schedule to answer questions by worry wells like me. I hope that you would bear with me to explain my current predicament.

I always wear condoms. Trojan magnums or durex XXL. I am also a dummy because I have had sex with numerous street prostitutes. I admit that I knew the risk. This is the reason that I always covered up forvaginal sex. I didnt use them for oral and I dont do anal. Anyways,
a condom head to have broken after one of my episodes a month ago. I tested postitve for Chlymdia. I didnt see the condom break but obviously it did because you rarely get chlymydia from oral. I got treated and then the nightmare began.

Starting early last week I had sore throat on left side near my tonsil and what felt like swollen lymph node or nodes. Last Wednesday i had edema in my left eye lid whoch started to swell. Im not sure if i had a fever because I didnt check my temperature. Soreness in groin as well. Just now about a week later i have rash around my waist line. This really scares me because NEVER had it before.

Im really scared. Im going to get tested regardless but I think its too late for me. I will be the first person on this forum to have gotten infected through insertive vaginal through a condom break. Ive had a fewbroken before so maybe i had been exposed but didnt get infected. I have pre diabetes, so I get tested for every sti including hiv every 6 months and Im due next month.

I know I had a risk and will test. Its just with the symptoms in the period that its happening makes me believe that its ARS no matter how many posts I read with moderators stating its rare for the insertive partner to go on and test positive. Most of the posters symptoms arent real like mine and its not impossible. Theres always a first.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:27:21 pm by dontaye »

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2018, 11:51:33 pm »
If the condom broke after your vaginal sex, you engaged in protected sex, so were not at risk for HIV-infection.

Chlamydia can be contracted through unprotected oral sex, more than rarely, in fact, and far, far, more easily than the HIV.   Unprotected oral sex is often how chlamydia is contracted, in fact.

As you have described events in your post, I think it very unlikely that you have contracted the HIV.

Moderators of this forum do not assess potential symptoms of acute HIV-infection, since symptoms, if they occur at all, vary widely.  You should not assess perceived symptoms, either.

If you are ill, see a healthcare provider for proper evaluation.

If you plan to test for HIV-antibodies for peace of mind, test six weeks after your last perceived risk event, then at 13 weeks past for confirmation of the six wek results.

From the facts of your narrative, I expect that your HIV-antibody test will conclusively indicate "negative."
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:45:02 pm by Ptrk3 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 09:58:47 pm »
Thanks PTRK, i will get tested for piece of mind.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2018, 10:51:14 pm »
You're welcome.

Please let us know how things work out.  Your conclusive results may help others who may be similarly situated to self-identify risk scenarios.

Again, I fully expect that you will conclusively test negative for HIV-antibodies as a result of the activities in your post of October 7, 2018.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 12:57:32 pm »
At urgent care. Blood in urine when peeing. Dark blood. Im just thinking this is too much coincidence. Waiting for doctor for urine results. think im done for. Will get tested at doctors Tuesday for std and hiv test.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 02:05:06 pm »
Your "encounter" was not a HIV risk and when a condom fail during intercourse it shreds leaving no doubt, so unless you were pealing it off you penis you have no reason to doubt it and that has been explained to you before.

This is similar to past postings from you.

You would have known if the condom broke … there really is nothing more we can advise you on at this point .

I wish you well regarding the blood in urine but regardless of your HIV status its not HIV related and the  encounters posted here were not  HIV concerns, so if you ever acquire HIV it was not from this.

Now for once and for all please don't post about unrelated none HIV related issues or no HIV risk scenarios. I think enough is enough now, you know how HIV is and is not transmitted.

Wishing you all the best when you next test.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline dontaye

• Standard
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 07:06:25 pm »
Jim and PTRK, you guys were right! Went and had full std labs on Friday to include HIV 4th generation AG/AB testing. Everything came back NEGATIVE, just as you guys expected. I was scratching my head with all of the "symptoms" that I thought may have been HIV related. I just want to thank you guys for putting up with my hiv fears which were not grounded in reality. Protected means protected and I would have known if the condom broke is so true. The blood in my urine was from my prostate. My urologist said that I was masturbating too much. He told me to cut it down and gave me some bactrim which has cleared it up. To all the worried wells reading this, the moderators on this forum KNOW what they are talking about despite us getting all of the "ARS" symptoms. Once again thanks and I will continue to stay protected until i decide to settle down.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 07:27:13 pm »
You're welcome!

I'm glad to read all is well.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.