Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:38:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 603
Total: 604

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Supreme Court Rules Against Kentucky Clerk in Gay Marriage Case  (Read 18768 times)

Offline RobbyR

Re: Supreme Court Rules Against Kentucky Clerk in Gay Marriage Case
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 11:47:14 am »
I always find it funny how all these anti-gay bigots like Kim Davis sitting up there with her stupid nappy ass hair look like they need some gay in their life, no wonder they hate gays so much she looks terrible!

It's not about her beliefs, it's about following the law. If you don't want to serve black people too bad, it's the law. If you don't want to issue marriage licenses to gay couples too bad it's the law of the land. If you can't do your job bye. Resign. Yea she's an elected official, but that's not my problem. The Supreme Court made gay marriage legal. So she has to abide by it or get out the way period.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 11:48:48 am »
Her deputy, Brian Mason, is issuing the licenses. Good for him. I find it highly ironic that Kim Davis is still at work but refuses to sign the licenses but Mr. Mason is actually doing his job. Interesting, don't you think? Maybe he should be County Clerk instead of her.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 03:44:12 pm »
I always find it funny how all these anti-gay bigots like Kim Davis sitting up there with her stupid nappy ass hair look like they need some gay in their life, no wonder they hate gays so much she looks terrible!

Hey Robby,

While I am opposed to Ms. Davis and her so-called religious convictions, you lose a lot of credibility when you attack her for her physical appearance.  Her physical appearance has nothing to do with her convictions.  When you attack her personally, you become no better than she is, why?, because you are demeaning someone, whom you do not know, simply based on their outward appearance.

While beauty may be only skin deep, ugly is to the bone.

Joe

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 04:17:40 pm »
Hey Robby,

While I am opposed to Ms. Davis and her so-called religious convictions, you lose a lot of credibility when you attack her for her physical appearance.  Her physical appearance has nothing to do with her convictions.  When you attack her personally, you become no better than she is, why?, because you are demeaning someone, whom you do not know, simply based on their outward appearance.

While beauty may be only skin deep, ugly is to the bone.

Joe

I'm not attacking her, geez, I'm stating the obvious, she's a bad person with an ugly heart. How do you think those couples feel who were turned down? And let's face it her hair is hideous. I'm just saying a fact. How am I demeaning her by stating the facts? No I don't know her personally nor do I want to, but she's clearly using the issue for her own bigoted agenda. Whatever. I'm tired of being attacked on here every time I state my opinion, peace out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:31:47 pm by Jeff G »

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 07:35:52 pm »
It seems the Tide commercial was not produced by Proctor and Gamble.  It's a spoof, but still funny.  I was very suspect they would do a commercial like that.

As for Kim's hair-- I've heard many funny comedians say the last thing she needs to do is piss off the gays, because she needs some help.  Of course, that uses stereotypes, which are true for maybe 50% of the gay population, I would say.  That doesn't mean she's ugly, but she just needs a makeover. 

Offline zach

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2015, 11:06:17 pm »
she wants whats coming to her, nailing herself to the cross

UPDATED: Kim Davis May Have Violated Court Order By Altering Marriage Form Charges Deputy Clerk

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/breaking_kim_davis_disobeyed_judge_s_orders_by_altering_marriage_form_charges_deputy_s_attorney

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2015, 01:35:40 am »
I just couldn't believe this, and still wonder whether it is true.  We know the Pope has not become pro-gay and especially not pro-marriage equality.  I just can't believe he would make a point to meet with this woman.  Out of everyone he could meet, why her and why get into this?!  Her time with him could have been used to meet with someone following what he speaks so much about-- helping the poor, refugees, and the sick.  I am really dumbfounded he would meet with her.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30146675/lawyers-for-kim-davis-say-she-met-privately-with-pope-francis

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 06:43:06 pm »
Hopefully he went there to perform an Exorcism, maybe at this
moment her head is spinning around spewing green shit ....
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2015, 10:42:01 pm »
Not sure why anyone is surprised that the Pope would meet with someone pressing for "religious freedom".  Their stances are pretty similar.  The only difference between this Pope and earlier Pope's is that he seems to be for treating people with more respect.  However -- he is NOT changing church doctrine or teachings here.  Francis is not "for" marriage equality and isn't ever going to be.

M

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 08:01:38 am »
Never trust a man in a dress unless his makeup is flawless.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 10:58:34 am »
The fact that he would make a point and take the time to meet with someone who is so well-known as a bigot speaks volumes about what kind of person he really is. Just another pedophile-supporting fake hypocrite priest who "loves" everyone unless they happen to be gay. Bye, trick.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2015, 11:30:49 am »
Not sure why anyone is surprised that the Pope would meet with someone pressing for "religious freedom".  Their stances are pretty similar.  The only difference between this Pope and earlier Pope's is that he seems to be for treating people with more respect.  However -- he is NOT changing church doctrine or teachings here.  Francis is not "for" marriage equality and isn't ever going to be.

M

I agree with this ... Big Whiff what the Pope thinks .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2015, 11:43:51 am »
Why doesn't he instead of wasting his time with Kim Davis make some time out his busy busy schedule of waving, & meet with people & hear about how were raped by pedophile priests? Just a thought.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2015, 12:25:20 pm »
Why doesn't he instead of wasting his time with Kim Davis make some time out his busy busy schedule of waving, & meet with people & hear about how were raped by pedophile priests? Just a thought.

He did meet with some of the victims of pedophile priest … so your prayers were answered.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2015, 03:13:19 pm »
He did meet with some of the victims of pedophile priest … so your prayers were answered.

He may have met with them but he won't do shit about the ones that are still running around molesting people it's all talk no action as usual I don't get all the fuss over the pope he's no different than any of the others. And then to make a point to meet with Kim Davis, the postergirl for bigotry? Fake. If he wants to do something he should renounce his meeting with Kim Davis, call her out for the bigot she is, allow gay priests male & female to be ordained, and call for immediate prosecution and renouncement of all priests who are rapists.

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2015, 05:13:07 pm »
Only my opinion.
I am glad he went home and took his hocus-pocus horse shit
with him. He has no business interfering in government affairs ,
especially not with something as important as this.
Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2015, 05:48:57 pm »
Before becoming an agnostic, I was a catholic.. My faith had changed after realizing the hypocrisy of many organized religions.. Although I do get and appreciate Pope Franks message of tolerance and "who am I to judge" philosophy, but I do realize it's politics..Pope Frank was made Pope for damage control reasons, to bring the sheep back to the church after the whole priest molestation scandal which hurt the church dearly.. Why else would they replace Pope Ben with Frank when Ben was still alive? Just my observation and opinion and not intended to offend the faithful.. The fact that Frank met with Kim secretly speaks volumes of how embarrassing and ridiculous a meeting this was, but they are in agreement on the marriage issue, no surprise there.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/us/county-clerk-kim-davis-who-denied-gay-couples-visited-pope.html?referer=&_r=0

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2015, 07:20:14 pm »
Maybe in a gizillion years the church will evolve to get warm and fuzzy with LGBT thing but you know what ? They are not fine with it and will not be for many more lifetimes to come so know your own value and know your own truth and stop trying to get it from institutions that will never be OK with you . Most churches are losing relevance with people over these social issues anyway so its for certain in time the LGBT will outlive the hate and misunderstanding about who we are. 

There are churches that accept LGBT so if that is important to you find one that loves you the way you are and not for who they condescendingly want you to be.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2015, 07:37:47 pm »
Maybe in a gizillion years the church will evolve to get warm and fuzzy with LGBT thing but you know what ? They are not fine with it and will not be for many more lifetimes to come so know your own value and know your own truth and stop trying to get it from institutions that will never be OK with you . Most churches are losing relevance with people over these social issues anyway so its for certain in time the LGBT will outlive the hate and misunderstanding about who we are. 

There are churches that accept LGBT so if that is important to you find one that loves you the way you are and not for who they condescendingly want you to be.

^^^This.

Joe

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2015, 12:08:50 am »
I was talking to friends, who are Catholic.  They wondered how much Francis knew about Kim and whether the ultra-conservative leaders in the church orchestrated this.  He may have known full well who she is and really wanted the meeting.  Who knows. 

Then, I saw this article speculating the same.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a38440/pope-francis-swindled-kim-davis-meeting/

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2015, 03:42:49 pm »
covering all the bases I suppose …

http://news.yahoo.com/vatican-popes-visit-davis-not-form-support-092505075.html

And in a new twist, the Vatican revealed that the "only real audience" Francis had in Washington was with a former student and his family, who later identified himself as Yayo Grassi, an openly gay Argentine who met the pope with his longtime partner and some friends.

The revelations turned the table on the narrative of Davis' encounter, making clear that Francis wanted another meeting to come to light: that of an old student and his "family," who happens to be gay.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2015, 06:09:10 pm »

Law firm labeled hate group leading Kim Davis' crusade

http://news.yahoo.com/law-firm-labeled-hate-group-leading-kim-davis-150459549.html

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Kim Davis' lawyer stood onstage in a Washington D.C. hotel and pointed to a photo on the screen. It showed 100,000 people packed into a Peruvian soccer stadium, Mat Staver told the crowd, all there to pray for the Kentucky clerk battling against gay marriage.

The crowd erupted.

It wasn't true.....
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2015, 11:31:40 pm »
I know this is late but I thought it too fun not to share.

https://youtu.be/14C3TZg6NQM

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.