Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:14:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 513
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 477
Total: 477

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Receptive(bottom) anal sex with definite HIV+ (top) individual  (Read 4563 times)

Offline helpmeimightbedying

• Standard
Receptive(bottom) anal sex with definite HIV+ (top) individual
« on: October 07, 2013, 04:18:41 pm »
hi everyone

Hope you are all doing well and taking care of yourselves. I would like to tell you my story anonymously. 4 weeks ago on the the .. of September i had unprotected receptive anal sex with a gentleman in Sex on premise venue. While i never never had unprotected sex with anyone, I had one lapse with a false sense of security with a person who worked behind the counter. He was at work at the time and we both knew each other with the normal high and byes as i rarely used to go there and he always worked on the weekend whenever i went there.
After he ejaculated in me I asked him if he was clean as we were to contiue the session later during his break and the fact that i suddenly felt alarm bells ringing. He responded condescendingly that i asked him late and advised he was HIV+. He did not bother to tell me about his condition despite it being a legal requirement in our state to advise before having unprotected sex.
Anyways 25 minutes later i was at the hospital emergency and 2 hours or so later was given PEP and a host of Antibiotics
The PEP was ok with me in the first day as the medication was slowly getting to me.
However i knew that the hospitals supply was for a week and the next time i came around they will charge for the rest of the PEP medication.
I went to a free sexual health centre(they give full medication for the whole month) on Monday morning, a day after exposure, and advised them the same thing. I was given the pretty much the same medication but an extra pill which starts with Lumovidine something. During both these attendeces to the doctors i had blood drawn and a full STD check and HIV baseline tests undertaken(Both tests from Hospital and the Sexual health place came out negative for all known diseases as it should be 8)).

I was confused why the hospital didnt give me the extra drug as they ahd just gave me Kaletra and Truvada while the Sexual health centre gave me Tenofvir, Kaltra and Lumovidine. On Monday I took the Lumovidine along with the Truvada and the Kaletra lets just say that i nearly died, it was so powerfull i'm pretty sure all HIV if any got a shock too :D. I did that for two more days before i stopped and did some research. After that i went back to normal hospital medicine and I continued that till Saturday but i couldnt keep take the medication anymore so i missed a day and half on the weekend. Monday i met up with the Sexual Health doctor and advised her about my full situation and the fact the medicine (Kaletra) was giving me diarrhea so bad that whatever i ate i put out but luckily i only threw up once during the whole month . The medication was making me woozy and I am constantly tired and my body aches. Lost over 6 Kilos which is alot for me because i am naturally thin and cant eat due to the taste of acidity and medicine in the mouth
I have not been to work the whole month and have since lost my job.
I have started taking relevant action against the individual with the authorities and we are in the process of getting justice.

The Kaletra was issued by both doctors and was asked for me to ingest two each  on morning and night.
I have had times when i skipped on a dose of Kaletra - The doctors were going to ask me to stop with the Kaletra but i told them it was okay and persisted as i believed the Tenofovir and the Lumovidine were frontline but I needed to keep taking Kaletra as an extra block despite it being taken haphazardly and at times overdosed to avoid the pain of diarrhea and extreme effects throughout the day.

I have learned an important lesson - never trust anyone and always be carefull. I'm bisexual and this event has also turned me off men.
I have been turned off alcohol as well after one day in the whole month i had one beer and i threw up violently. luckily this was when the medication had been ingested for hours and i had asked the doctor whether it was okay and they all said yes alcohol is fine.

I will keep you updated as to what is happening as i have just finished the medication and am waiting for monday next week to take the Test. essentially five weeks after exposure to verify whether I have HIV.  The police and lawyers are all waiting as well.  My mind has gone. I am self aware but i am preparing for death. I have started selling everything unnecessary and am one of those people who does what he says. I have read all posts on this website and have found that people with HIV cant do certain jobs and go certain places. i have decided that i will make sure my parents are taken care of and definitely off myself in five years if i have HIV as i hardly make the money needed for medication. Most women wont even look at you if you mention that you have HIV unless you are as rich as Magic Johnson. Its too bad that a dummy like me has
possibly robbed my parents of seeing grandchildren considering I'm the only child.
I blame myself for everything

I have to genuinely ask since i live in a first world country ;) lol and the tests they use are not the instantaneous ones but the full blood scan, what can i expect?  After the third month test comes out negative should i look foward in life or worry about HIV being in my bloodstream hidden for years because i heard it can hide latent, maybe its some stupid internet thing but better to ask ?? because i'm not returning back for anymore tests after the third month test cause i heard thats pretty conclusive. I have promised myself that i will get married next year to a girl i know if the three month test is good.

Thanks and will keep you guys updated and let my story be a cautionary tale that there are dangerous people out there who are in places of responsibility.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:50:31 pm by helpmeimightbedying »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Receptive(bottom) anal sex with definite HIV+ (top) individual
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 04:36:04 pm »
You can test again at 6 weeks post pep and again at 3 months to confirm the results .

There is a lot going on there in your post ... TMI really . One thing you may want to be aware of is using the word clean to describe a HIV negative person is to infer those of us that live with HIV are dirty , and that is offensive .

Its unfortunate you were exposed to HIV and its also unfortunate that a man may go to prison because of something you are 50 % responsible for . You only have 2 more free post , so save them to come back with an update when you get your test results confirmed at the appropriate time . There is no need for a discussion here about disclosure , its a risk assessment forum . Please only post in this one thread . Thanks .     
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:39:03 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Receptive(bottom) anal sex with definite HIV+ (top) individual
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:56:22 pm »
I fully agree with moderator Jeff in his assessment.

You had a risk and you need to test.

Let me rephrase that.

You put yourself at risk and you need to test over YOUR decision to have unprotected receptive anal sex with a person whose status you did not know. DId not care to even ask about, as though asking is any good either.

You know who tends to be the most infectious? Newly infected people in the first weeks of infection, who would appear HIV negative on most common HIV tests but in reality have a soaring viral load. Maybe had you asked your partner whether he was on medication and had an undetectable viral load you could get a better broad notion of your actual risk. Not that unprotected receptive anal sex with an HIV positive person with an undetectable viral load is completely safe, of course - especially if he has another STD that can cause a spike in seminal viral load.

But it would have been a conversation worth having.

This is why you assume that your partner if HIV positive until and unless you are in a mutually monogamous relationship.

Your health is ultimately your responsibility. Bringing lawyers and the police into the equation serves no purpose other than furthering the stigma against HIV positive people, s stigma you seem to hold very highly as you ignore what having HIV truly means.

You live in a first world country? US? Because here, you can get help with medications throuh ADAP or directly through drug companies. Because here, people with HIV, straight, gay or any combination of gender identities can and DO lead full healthy and happy lives.

I doubt you have read all pf the posts on this website. Your hyperbole is showing.

I am fully committed to overturning these horrific HIV criminaliation laws - a fact you would have discovered had you, in fact, read even the most recent few months of posting on this website. The do not lower infection rates, only TESTING rates. Because people feel that they cannot lie about something they do not know.  You are adding to that problem by going after this person.

He should have disclosed. I am a hundred percent behind that. But you chose to have unprotected sex with a person you barely knew. Unless you are mentally challenged and unable to give informed consent, then your responsibility was as great as his.

Your test results at the six week mark should be all but definitive. And a three month negative is conclusive. HIV does not "hide" from tests for years. That's ignorant internet mythology.

As for your decision to off yourself if you have HIV, it shows the same sort of character that prosecuting a person for non-disclosure does, the same sort of character that, despite getting on PEP and having an alarmingly hostile attitude towards HIV and the people with it, you choose to miss doses andthen double up on them, despite all the cautions about side effects and the importance of adherence.

You might be well served to take this time to reflect on these things, and make some changes in your own life that are not bound by impulsivity. You deserve to be a happier person than your post indicates.

Oh, and doubling up on Kaletra will absolutely give you the runs. Hell, Kaletra is KNOWN for doing it by itself.

You are being WAY overdosed on PEP by the way. Most PEP is between two and three meds. Truvada is two medications in one pill. So is Kaletra. Adding Epivir (Lamivudine) to that is ridiculous.

But you are about to finish your regimen. There are tests you can take as little as two weeks after finishing PEP that can go a long way towards ascertaining your status, but the most common testing protocol remains a six week test after your last dose of PEP, with a three month test as definitive.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.