Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:21:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 313
Total: 313

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What's the best way to make HIV+ friends online?  (Read 12212 times)

Offline 90024male

What's the best way to make HIV+ friends online?
« on: January 03, 2021, 08:01:10 pm »
I'm 54 and have been HIV+ for 15 years, but I don't have any poz friends; I would like for that to change. Due to the Covid pandemic, I'm interested in learning about online options for meeting people I can talk with and get to know; any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Offline fabio

Re: What's the best way to make HIV+ friends online?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 12:52:15 am »
I've seen it being very difficult,since there aren't many places where you can meet openly positive people.
I've wondered too if there was any place that you can find a community where there's hiv positive people. The only place so far are sub reddits that are for job positive people.

Offline c430

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 09:19:13 am »
I too have no poz friends. I always long for a connection with others but it is so hard to find people who would want to be friends  especially with all of us wanting to have privacy and for our status to stay  covered.

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 06:56:56 pm »
I'm in the same boat.  I've found a few CHAT sites that have a gay section but I'm really tired of being accosted by teenagers wanting sex.
I come here to what people are up to but since it's posts to comments, it's difficult.
I did find a POZ group on Facebook but it doesn't seem all that "friendly".

If anyone is up for chat.. we can send messages here and then maybe exchange info for something like Google.  I know they still have Hangout type chat.

Bubba hugs!
Patrick
Bubba hugs!

Offline TexasDragon

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 06:50:16 pm »
Same situation here.

I have been Poz since 2018. No one knows really except my doctor. I did meet and chat with a few folks on here immediately after I was diagnosed mostly because they were diagnosed about the same time. We all needed an outlet, but those contacts moved on.

Hugs...know you are not alone.
Exposure 10-04-2018
Dx 11-08-2018
1st Appt 11-15-2018
11-15-2018 Blood Draw - CD4 468 11% VL 316,000
2nd Appt 12-04-2018 - Hep A and B Vaccines
Start of Biktarvy 12-14-2018
3rd Appt 01-15-2019 - All Good - 2nd Hep B Vaccine
01-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 934 28% VL 98
4th Appt 04-16-2019 - All Good - Final Hep B Vaccine
04-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 873 30% VL <20
01-13-2020 Blood Draw - CD4 1064 34% VL <20
09-29-2020 Blood Draw - CD4 972 32% VL <20
03-25-2021 Blood Draw - CD4 1168 38% VL = 26

Offline Livviaa

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 08:04:02 pm »
😧😧
🤗💫

Offline joemutt

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 09:30:25 am »
I don't know which area you are in, etc. so I will just share my experience in general.

I met people in my city in 2008-2012 through the personals of poz.com; https://personals.poz.com some for dating, some for talking.
There was a time (2004-2005) when I made a few friends on these boards that I then met in Bangkok and Amsterdam.
I also found 2 support groups where most people became friends; one group I found through an announcement at a clinic.
Also on gay dating apps I sometimes reached out to poz people; met some interesting people socially.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 09:35:15 am by joemutt »

PozChilean

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 12:39:45 am »
If any of you need an online friend, I'm here for you.

Offline elf

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 12:58:02 pm »
Here in my country (I'm from Southern Europe) it is impossible to find another HIVpositive person, they're hiding. And all I got from HIVnegative people on apps like Grindr Tinder or Romeo was rejection and hate.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.