Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 273
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 216
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: hi everyone, Im new also  (Read 8326 times)

Offline zazi22

hi everyone, Im new also
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:19:44 am »
my name is zazi, Im glad I found you ladies :). i have been pos for a year now and just recovered from madness. i seem much more beter emotionally than I was about 2months back, I gues i relised that there is more into life than sitting arround and feeling sorry for something you cant help. i love you guys :-*, this is what I wanted for a very long time and just couldnt find a familly. lots of love :-*
with lots of love always
zazi22

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
Re: hi everyone, Im new also
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:33:14 am »
Welcome Zazi...tell us about yourself....if u wish...im Jamie, im 31, i have 3 children and im a sagittarius...lol..
I have been dg poz almost 5 years now (in sept)....I live in NJ...again welcome!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline zazi22

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:09:13 pm »
im 22years, no kids :( at this stage I so wish I had one but there is still a long life after all.  im still studying at the university, im doing my final year in mechanical eng. i just found out mid last year that im positive.... I had a very hard time surviving after finding out what the normal fogures of a cd4 count and compared it to mine which was 435 and droped to 315 in 3months time. i realised that im not going to play game with it this year february when it turned out to be an amaizing 687!. i like talking, my friends say i never stop talking and if it was done with money I would dafinately be in depts.
with lots of love always
zazi22

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:09:55 pm »
Hi Zazi,

Welcome to our family. :)

Your numbers most likely fluctuated like that because of your recent dianosis/infection.  During the first year or so, numbers bounce around all over the place while the body is getting used to the new 'invader.'

I was diagnosed HIV+ in 1989, so I've been living with this for a bit.  Underneath the Aidsmeds.com logo at the top of the page is a link entitled 'lessons.'  It would be well for you to read it and familiarize yourself a little with this. 

Please join us in the 'dating' thread.  It's not all about dating; it's about our daily lives, struggles and support of each other.  We truly are a good lot and I think you'd enjoy it.  Hope to hear more from you in the future!
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 06:35:32 pm »
Hi Zazi

A big welcome from me too
I really feel the same as you.

i.e That this is a family I have looked for and needed since I was diagnosed with HIV.

For me this has not been as long as you as I was only diagnosed in January but have probably had HIV from between 6 to 10 years.
I live in Cornwall, United Kingdom

I have one child but she is nearly grown up now and am married to Barry who has HIV as he got it first and gave it to me.

He is  is a mechanical engineer too and until he became ill with HIV connected infections worked as a marine engineer for over 28 years

Do not worry,  you will not become ill like him, if you keep an eye on your health and take the medication when you need to - he did because he did not know he had HIV until he became very ill. It is best you know and as soon as possible
I am not ill like him and I have had HIV for the same amount of time as him. I am not on meds yet but I start them next week.

Now you know you are HIV you will be able to look after yourself and take the medication if and when it is necessary - I am so glad your CD4 counts are so good right now

I understand what you mean about madness. I have only known about my HIV since Jan but I understand about madness and I am trying to stay sane and cope with HIV without getting to the stage of complete mental and emotional collapse that I realise it could bring.

This site is helping me to do this and I hope it will be of support to you too

hope to hear form you some more
Veritee
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 06:46:50 pm by Veritee »
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 07:12:02 pm »
Hi Zazi, My name is Tre'Vera i have + since 10/06 , I have one 10 year old daughter and I live in Ohio, I am happy you have found your way to this group.
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 09:21:57 am »
Hello Zazi. Im Latrice. I'm 27 years old. I live in mississippi. I have an 8 yr old and a 1 yrs old. Welcome to the forums.

Offline netta

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 01:39:49 pm »
Hi Zazi,
nice to meet you, I am a long term survivor of Aids. Welcome home! this is the support we all need.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline justakuntrygul

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 01:32:23 am »
Hi Zazi! welcome to the forum.  This site is great.  My name is Yoki, 25, AL, no children, and in relationship.  Hope to see more posts from you soon.

Offline pink_beauty

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 04:07:37 pm »
Hi! Welcome! I am new to the site and to the disease too. I have only known for 2 months that I am positive. I am 26, live in AZ, single with no kids.
6/2008: VL 400
4/7/08: CD4-537 VL-107,000
4/25/08: VL- 175,000
5/13/08: Started Atripla

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 07:23:31 pm »
Hi! Welcome! I am new to the site and to the disease too. I have only known for 2 months that I am positive. I am 26, live in AZ, single with no kids.

Pink, I have a sister who lives in Phoenix, who I have visited twice.  Arizona is a beautiful part of the country.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 08:11:05 pm »
Hello Zazi and welcome to AIDSmeds. My name is Wendy. I've been HIV positive for 15 years with an AIDS diagnosis since 1994. I have had two children one is 18 and healthy and the other passed away in 1997. I was married for 10 years but my husband passed away in 2001. I live in Texas with my boyfriend of 5 years. He is also HIV positive.

Nice to meet you.

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 02:53:16 am »
Hi Zazi,

I wanted to add my welcome too.  I'm Dee, 34 years old, New York native living in Southern California, mother of 5 (4 girls and brand new boy) and poz 14 years.

Offline blacky1980

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 11:42:08 pm »
GREETINGS ZAZI

I WANTED TO WELCOME YOU. MY NAME IS TERRY AND I AM 28 YEARS OLD, I LIVE IN HOUSTON, TEXAS AND I BEEN POZ GOING ON 1 YEAR. I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL GIRLS AND I AM ALSO SINGLE.
Blacky1980

tendai

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:53:11 am »
hi Zazi . welcome to the forum! i'm tendai. 29 years old single, no kids. i'm in zimbabwe (harare.) i've known im  poz for 3 years now. great u could join us

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 08:41:39 am »
Blacky, I would like to invite you to join us ladies in the dating thread.  It's not all about dating; it's about our daily lives, struggles and support of each other.  We'd love to have you. 

Oh, btw, when you type in all caps it means you're shouting here in computerland.  Don't know if you were aware of that or not. :-*
Luv,
Betty

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.