Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:04:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 344
Total: 345

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Thread  (Read 114579 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: COVID-19 Thread
« Reply #300 on: May 07, 2020, 09:39:15 pm »

But,  This thread is supposed to be about Coronavirus.
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2020, 09:45:21 pm »
I think alot of critical thinking is gone right now.  MSM has brainwashed us and its sad to see this here on the board. People that are held in high regard for their work in the past have become evil (money, greed and power) but yet no one wants to believe it where it has clearly been proven.  You just all turn a blind eye bowing down. I had thought more of this place when i first joined, yet more and more i see tyrannical shut downs instead of conversations to be had, warnings issued instead of asking questions.

em i think you are onto something even at the slightest. Usually the person that points the finger at conspiracy, isn't willing to look for themselves, nor think that there is 2 sides to every story out there.

MOD note:

@Pittgurl

Robust debate and expressing your opinion on subjects is welcome, however, the standard here is to provide references peer-reviewed published works for any health/medical/scientific information provided.

Understand that other members may also express their opinions, it seems from recent posts you are uncomfortable with that concept, however, that is how a forum and debate works.

Finally, if you have a problem with a member or a moderators decision then please report it, but trolling is not tolerated and, will be shut down as you put it. 

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=277.0
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:14:50 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #302 on: May 07, 2020, 09:48:46 pm »

to who ever said I need to find a therapist
and yes I am seeing a therapist and psychiatrist thanks for seeing that .and pointing out that some people may not see the world the way you might like them to .

sorry no I am not off my meds , thank you very much .

I never stated that you need to "find " a therapist. I said, I hope you are seeing a therapist. That's quite a difference.

And,  I NEVER stated anything about medications that you may or may not be on .

Take care---Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline em

« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2020, 02:47:26 am »
Or NO sexual partners . New born baby's born with HIV,  people receiving blood transfusions in the 80's  Remember Ryan White. Or the Ray brothers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_brothers

wow who would have thought religion studies at college would ever have a use ?

definitely not me

for some reason some christians believed way back when that original sin ?

sorry I am bit rusty here ?   must be cause I am old  ? adam and eve , what are the rest .   are there ten  twelve on into infinity the seven deadly sins <   I am not sure it is late I just taken a sleeping pill plus I so badly would have rather had a beer , but being how things are what they are

see some of the religions around the world would ask what is  original sin .

Eddy Izzard answer was ??

someone look it up for me ??

poke a badger with a spoon ? that must be an original sin . just has to be . 

sorry what was this about about drawing a line between the damages caused by one virus as opposed to another .  trying to ascertain which might have more value in the heart emotional disgust or shame >

hands down that one might be leprosy ?   

sorry it is late and that has to be one of the sickest Monty Pythonesque jokes I have ever heard . ( i have ever heard ? Groucho Marx > Marx brothers how many are they and no Karl was not one of them >

good luck and bonne chance a tous .

EM

most likely we are just conversing with some sort of new Artificial Intelligence an  A I

training it how to think so it can answer questions people in the future might have about illnesses and disease and what not 

what difference does it make at this point we freely just educated and AI and we did  not even know it . what suckers are we >

lets see what the computer system has in store for us tomorrow . but as they say tomorrow never comes . or is it the sun will come out tomorrow ?

em

analytical thought . higher doctorate prognosis  would be something like ? 
Ryan White and the other hemophiliacs with genetic blood disorders who for some reason are born sick ? they do not deserve to die but for some sick reason in gods plan . the ydo not live as long as other children ,,, I am sure god has a plan and I am not god .  I   just as I am sure god has a plan as i am sure I am not god so how can I understand ?  we are doing our best down here on earth to make life worth living . do you not agree ?

EM
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:16:18 am by em »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #304 on: May 08, 2020, 10:19:28 am »

But,  This thread is supposed to be about Coronavirus.

Definitely not about politics and conspiracy theories.

I'm still scratching my head about the comment about the blue states and their governors coordinating all this just in time for the election.  I wonder how Italy plays in all this, very strange stuff. 

HIV was unforgiving to the "denialists", however Covid-19 is definitely not as effective. 

The divisive nature of all this is sad, but not surprising.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #305 on: May 08, 2020, 12:51:42 pm »
Definitely not about politics and conspiracy theories.[end quote author=skeebo1969]

I posted about being depressed since I still had to work no matter the people come in without masks or glove AND are upset because we don't have enough cashiers running or enough people on the floor.
I'm anxious about having to go in not simply because I'm POZ but the darker side of humanity shows.
My post got moved here and it seems the topic has shifted.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:54:30 pm by BubbaPat »
Bubba hugs!

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #306 on: May 08, 2020, 12:57:52 pm »
Definitely not about politics and conspiracy theories.

I'm still scratching my head about the comment about the blue states and their governors coordinating all this just in time for the election.  I wonder how Italy plays in all this, very strange stuff. 

HIV was unforgiving to the "denialists", however Covid-19 is definitely not as effective. 

The divisive nature of all this is sad, but not surprising.

Hey Thomas,..

Hope you are all well. If I do any more head scratching, or slamming my head against the wall, I will end up with a bloody scalp , or a concussion.  I hear ya.

The whole stench of all this just sickens me.

Stay Well--Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: May 08, 2020, 01:07:52 pm »
@All

Okay, let's keep the thread on topic. COVID19 related updates, posts, questions and items. Thanks.

@EM

Stop posting stuff deliberately to get a rise out of people. Express yourself by all means but leave the antagonising of people out of it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:16:18 pm by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #308 on: May 08, 2020, 01:48:17 pm »
So who all is working in a service where they are interacting with people?
Are they social distancing? Wearing masks? Gloves?
How is their demeanor?

Bubba hugs!

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #309 on: May 08, 2020, 04:42:27 pm »
How is their demeanor?

I retired in 2013, but had I continued working, I would have been right in the thick of it.  I worked in a Independent living, assisted living, and nursing home complex. I have no problem imagining, what the staff and residents are currently going through.

Most of my friends, are bartenders, waiters in the hospitality business, and well.., they currently have no jobs. Their Hurting terribly. The restaurant business will have to be re thought out. the ones that are open are not busy, and I can't see them surviving on 25 % occupancy. It almost not worth it to turn the lights and AC back on.

I have a continual back and forth with a bartender friend of ours. He's always asking when I think they will reopen.  My response "Who Knows" ,... And also say to him, that you can't socially distance, in a small neighborhood dive bar, and feel safe. We have no desire to go back to the bars after their opened.  This is a bar we've been going to for the past 40 years !

The bar business will also have to be rethought. The bars with big outdoor patios may fair better, when they are permitted to open.

We did go to a restaurant the other day, All staff wore masks and gloves. The place was spotless, and Hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere.

Also found out today ( No surprise) That the Buffet style restaurants are dead. None of them are going to reopen. And Gawd,,....did we love our Chinese buffets, and Duffs Buffet !! Sweet tomatoes, a healthy alternative buffet style restaurant announced today the are shuttering all there restaurants, with no intention to reopen.  I will also miss Sweet Tomatoes.  Golden Coral buffet restaurant is also closed until they can reconfigure. It's rough,... Alot of these places will have a difficult time coming back, if they ever come back.

The will have to reconfigure, and they will serve you what you want instead of hundreds of people handling utensils and serving themselves.Kind of like the old Morrisons cafeteria style where you choose, and they serve it.

Ray

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:49:11 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline phoenix

« Reply #310 on: May 08, 2020, 06:25:56 pm »
I work in a job where I interacting with the public.   About half the people I see are wearing mask, about a third are wearing mask and gloves. The rest aren't doing anything. Strangely enough the ones without any mask or gloves practice little or no social distancing. Not uncommon to groups of five or six standing close and chatting. No one comments much on the mask or gloves except when they see one they like or to say they can't wait until they don't have to wear them anymore.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.                              The point of the journey is not to arrive.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #311 on: May 08, 2020, 11:28:21 pm »
Hey Thomas,..

Hope you are all well. If I do any more head scratching, or slamming my head against the wall, I will end up with a bloody scalp , or a concussion.  I hear ya.

The whole stench of all this just sickens me.

Stay Well--Ray

Hey Ray, we are well...  I hope it is the same on your side.  We sold our house in Clearwater this past January and now live in Arkansas.  Be safe down there and get some of that beautiful sun!  It's supposed to be 37 degrees here in the morning, so much different than Tampa.

How is their demeanor?

My wife is a systems analyst for a corporation that is considered essential, and it requires her to travel from state to state on a weekly basis.  She traveled by plane till the end of March and it was rather worrisome.  We lucked out though and made it through unscathed.  She now works from home doing system updates as well as an Ops support role. 

I work for a company that is considered essential as well and we all have our temps taken before we enter the facility.  We must wear masks, and all of us must maintain a 6 foot distance from each other.  It was rather rough in the beginning with many of us breaking the 6 foot rule, but now it's kind of second nature.  Our plant has not had any infections but our plant in Chicago has been hit hard with 23 cases and 3 deaths.

I am a guy that suffers from anxiety, so all this has had me frazzled at times.  About 3 weeks ago I started losing my breath while having a conversation with my wife, and the next day I could not get out of bed-- sleeping more than 18 hours, and still feeling exhausted.  I went to a drive up testing facility and had the swab stuck so far up my nose I think they tickled my brain (joking).  It came back negative though.... I just knew I had it, but was thankful my track record of being wrong remains high.

My 18 year old daughter was graduating high school this year and she was rather sad to find out her last day in March may be the last time she ever saw certain classmates.

We want some normalcy back, however, we are grateful to have our health. 

Be safe everybody....

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #312 on: May 08, 2020, 11:49:41 pm »

EM

Could you not derail this thread constantly, please?

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2020, 07:43:00 pm »

With these latest cases of covid-19 in the West Wing, trump is "Lava-level Red " Mad, that he is not being protected more.

Now he knows what millions of Americans feel, on a daily bases.  I think they should take his two sons and daughter, and spread them apart, and have them work for two weeks in the meat processing plants, along the line.

Perhaps they can volunteer themselves in a trial of vaccines. 

The whole hypocrisy of this is that trump wants all Americans to act and go to work like nothing is happening at all.

Ray
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 07:45:51 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PittGurl

« Reply #314 on: May 09, 2020, 07:55:19 pm »
With these latest cases of covid-19 in the West Wing, trump is "Lava-level Red " Mad, that he is not being protected more.

Now he knows what millions of Americans feel, on a daily bases.  I think they should take his two sons and daughter, and spread them apart, and have them work for two weeks in the meat processing plants, along the line.

Perhaps they can volunteer themselves in a trial of vaccines. 

The whole hypocrisy of this is that trump wants all Americans to act and go to work like nothing is happening at all.

Ray

I thought political posts were being derailed! And in that case if this is being allowed I will start posting about Gates, Birx, Fauci and everything they're linked to which are proven facts..let me know Jim Allen
Infected ~5/16/15-7/19/15
8-2-15    CD4=286; VL=43800; 15% WB Pos Test Confirmed (waiting for genotype to start Triumeq)
9-4-15    Started Triumeq thanks to the people on board encouraging me :)
9-21-15    CD4=570; VL 26; 30% 16 days on Triumeq….
10-27-15   CD4=522; VL=UNDETECTABLE!!!; 29%    7 wks, 4 days on Triumeq
1-28-16    CD4=479; VL=UD; 31% almost 5 mo on Triumeq
4-27-16    CD4=580; VL=UD; 32%
7-28-16    CD4=991; VL=UD; 38% almost 1 year on Triumeq
8-3-16    ONE YEAR DX
10-27-16    CD4=765; VL=UD; 39%
3-8-17   CD4=709; VL=27; 39%
7-13-17   CD4=942; VL=UD; 41%
10/12/17   CD4=626; VL=UD; 39%
1/21/18    CD4=650; VL=UD; 40%
4/26/18   CD4=893; VL=UD; 39%
8/9/18   CD4=858; VL=UD; 41%
12/27/18   CD4=841; VL=UD; 41%
4/24/19   CD4=751; VL=UD; 39%
8/27/19   CD4=719; VL=UD; 36%
10/31/19   CD4=746; VL=UD; 37%

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2020, 07:59:17 pm »
I thought political posts were being derailed! And in that case if this is being allowed I will start posting about Gates, Birx, Fauci and everything they're linked to which are proven facts..let me know Jim Allen

I believe there's  a difference.  I am STATING FACTS.  But if Jim would like to delete my post, I am OK with that ! :)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PittGurl

« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2020, 08:05:05 pm »
How dare you state "all Americans feel". You have no right to speak for me.... Another MSM cover up with proven lack of facts being reported.

If you would look outside your bubble of these crooked news reporters you would find more truth. It's a clear fact that they have covered up many things over the last years of presidencies. I feel bad because many people don't even see this because they're so mad that the very reality they stood on is crumbling so they act out in anger instead of actually looking to the facts
8-2-15    CD4=286; VL=43800; 15% WB Pos Test Confirmed (waiting for genotype to start Triumeq)
8-3-16    ONE YEAR DX

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2020, 08:08:32 pm »
How dare you state "all Americans feel". You have no right to speak for me.... Another MSM cover up with proven lack of facts being reported.

You NEED to learn how to read !! I said millions of American, never said "You" by Name" Your a troll!!

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PittGurl

« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2020, 08:10:49 pm »
And there you go name calling which isn't even necessary. I'm calling you on what you said. If you can't have a civil conversation don't resort to name-calling I did not do the same to you. I am an American and you put me in the lump of all Americans feel. There are plenty of Americans that don't feel that way and you're stereotyping
8-3-16    ONE YEAR DX

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2020, 08:13:07 pm »

And you are out of touch and a denialist !!

Over and out !

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: May 10, 2020, 03:09:53 am »
MOD NOTE

@Pittgurl.

You still don't seem to be catching onto the concept that other members are entitled to express their different opinions, this includes political thoughts. This is not an echo-chamber that you might experience within social media platforms. 

Anything being posted as fact, however, must be backed up with evidence as has been explained.

Consider this your final warning.

If you continue to troll and flaunt the standards of this forum it's going to lead to a time-out. I would hate for this to happen so instead use some common sense and stop.

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

I'm not sure how it's one-sided. You are welcome to your opinions, so is everyone else including myself and Zach. 

Any statements of fact need to be backed-up, in particular, when it's regarding anything medical or treatment-related. Solid peer-reviewed evidence is the standard expected from all members. This has always been the case.

Anyhow, hope you are doing okay during all of this. Best, Jim

MOD note:

@Pittgurl

Robust debate and expressing your opinion on subjects is welcome, however, the standard here is to provide references peer-reviewed published works for any health/medical/scientific information provided.

Understand that other members may also express their opinions, it seems from recent posts you are uncomfortable with that concept, however, that is how a forum and debate works.

Finally, if you have a problem with a member or a moderators decision then please report it, but trolling is not tolerated and, will be shut down as you put it. 

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=277.0

Ray never said "all Americans feel" this is just another classic 101 trolling tactic. You make something up so you can then distract, disrupt and attack before calling it a coverup.

You seem to have a trend forming of calling everything you don't like or disagree with an MSM cover-up or claiming conversation is one-sided just because you can't back up your "facts".

Donald Trump wants to reopen the economy and in these last few days, a number of Whitehouse related staff have tested positive for COVID19. I don't see any cover-up or MSM issues with that. Youtube is normally not acceptable as evidence here, however since you dislike media so much, I've posted the below that includes recordings of Trump stating these things in his own words.

Trump on Opening Up America Again, Just listen to the recording.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coronavirus-trump-issuing-guidelines-on-reopening-parts-of-us-amid-outbreak.html

Trump comments on Miller testing positive for COVID19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCEadMnQiWw

@Ray

Please include links when discussing news.

It helps prevent misunderstandings and allows other members to understand what you are commenting on. 

Thanks.

@All

I appreciate that this can be a very stressing time for people, it's also one of the reasons why we have this dedicated thread.

Please stay on topic!

Thank you.

Note:

The coronavirus outbreak continues to be a hot topic, as such, I have merged all related threads into this single sticky post.

I will continue to merge any new threads regarding the virus, this effort is not only to avoid duplication but also to ensure people who want to discuss it can and, with the latest information.

Additionally, this means that members who are finding the topic particularly distressing or those wishing to take a break from COVID-19 news can and aren't confronted with dozens of separate threads across the forum.

Finally, a small ask to please be additionally mindful and patient with each other during these times and to stay away and refrain from sharing unofficial/unreliable news sources or sensationalized media. Thank you.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:17:01 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #321 on: May 10, 2020, 01:25:45 pm »
Thank you Jim,

Per your request to supply links, I have provided a couple in regards to my post # 313.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/personal-valet-to-trump-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-reportedly-got-lava-level-212000774.html

In related news top CDC officials to self quarantine or isolate: CDC Director Redfield, Dr. Fauci and FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn. :

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/09/robert-redfield-cdc-self-quarantine-246098

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #322 on: May 10, 2020, 01:30:25 pm »
@Jim; you forgot to mention that the "ignore" button is also a very helpful tool  ;D

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #323 on: May 10, 2020, 02:44:32 pm »
With my work at a college I daily come with a lof students. Some of my classes have small number of students appox 12 on average, and we then use small rooms in a casual seating...and that was dangerous. So first I and others followed to object and soon they decided to close down till end of academic year.
So since march 10th on full payed furlough, and I find no more sense in being home doing nothing and to stay inside as much as possible. I've become very restless, short tempered and unable to focus on anything anymore.
Sigh, but it is what it is, and I've got to endure...we all.
But to put things in perspective ; this is nothing compared to what Anne Frank et all, had to endure WW2 in Holland. Locked up in hiding from the Nazi's.

Ta ta...tomorrow is a new day with new chances, that can only be better than today.
 ;)

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2020, 04:37:39 am »
Oops I wrote that after 2 glasses of Merlot...rereading my post I noticed a few errors. My bad  :(

1) I daily come in contact with a lot of students
2) So first I complained and then other teachers followed

The Dean of the college immediately understood my dilemma. He was my roommate on the cardiac ward in 2016. We got to talk a lot in hospital. He knew about me being hiv positive, being on disability and frustrated of doing nothing, and invited me to apply for the teaching position.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:40:04 am by Grasshopper »

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #325 on: May 13, 2020, 03:38:19 am »

How is it going with your toe issue ?

Reading this article today on CNN, reminded me of you

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/12/health/coronavirus-symptoms-blood-clots-inflammation/index.html

"It can cause 'Covid toes'
One last symptom that is puzzling -- but less troubling -- is known as "Covid toes." Patients are reporting red or purple swelling of their toes."

Hope everyone is well !,...

My partner brought to my attention two days ago, an article he was reading about "Covid toes"

It peaked my interests, because for approximately 3 1/2 months, I have something on my left foot ( Second toe in that looks very much in what is described in this article, and picture. I have read several different articles since.

See link:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/health/familyhealth/what-are-covid-toes-dermatologists-podiatrists-share-strange-findings/ar-BB12OAfm

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB12MJJ1.img?h=1084&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Now, another condition possibly linked to the coronavirus has captured researchers' attention. Dubbed "COVID toes" by the dermatology community, it can look like "purple lesions" on feet or hands, Dr. Esther Freeman, a dermatologist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, told TODAY.

Note the above pics are not my feet or toes !!  :P

This red spot on my second toe in on my left foot, looks almost identical to the picture in the link. It almost looks similar to what shingles looks like with a very slight blistering, in the early stages.

In my case it's not painful, and for the longest time, I was thinking that something was rubbing in my shoes, or perhaps my socks were irritating that particular toe. But nothing has changed in my footwear.

So I have kept it bandaged, with a daily smear of triple antibiotic ointment.

Once again, its not painful, I don't have the swolleness, that appears in the photo, and it's only on one toe.  it appears to be going slowly away, but ever so slowly.

In all of my life, (68 years) I have never had any issues with my feet, and my feet were always healthy in appearance.  Except for some mild Nephropathy as a result from HIV, I never had foot issues.

The other reason why I bring this up, In December for close to 3 weeks, I was really sick with a terrible non-stop cough, and quite a bit of respiratory shit going on. I think I reported it on a thread here, back when i had it. For 3 weeks I basically stayed home, was in bed most of the time, only getting up to go eat or use the restroom. It was a long and miserable 3 weeks. The coughing went on day and night. Sometimes I thought I was going to break a rib from all the coughing.

By the time I got to see my primary care doctor, I was about at the end of it and feeling much better, but, he ended up prescribing me a Z- pack for 5 days, as he still heard a lot of congestion in my lungs. The doctor thought I may have had the flu, but did not do a swab, to confirm. When I mentioned to to my infectious disease Dr, she thought a swab should have been done. It is what it is...

The Z pack ultimately cleared up everything, and I've been well ever since, Except for this thing in my one toe.

I will not diagnose myself, BUT, I am wondering if what I had in December was a milder form of covid-19. And perhaps, I built up antibodies.

So this will be part of the discussion when I see my doctor next.  By the way, What ever I had, I also passed it on to my partner, and he was prescribed a z-pack as well.

He had it no where near as bad as I did but still made him miserable for 2 weeks. He also recovered quickly by the completion of his Z-pac.

Just seems kind of coincidental, an honestly, a little frightening. But as I stated, I am doing quite well with no issues. I will probably see if i can get an appointment set up with a podiatrist.

Take care ----Ray

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #326 on: May 13, 2020, 11:20:02 am »
How is it going with your toe issue ?

Reading this article today on CNN, reminded me of you

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/12/health/coronavirus-symptoms-blood-clots-inflammation/index.html

"It can cause 'Covid toes'
One last symptom that is puzzling -- but less troubling -- is known as "Covid toes." Patients are reporting red or purple swelling of their toes."

Hi,.. Thanks for asking.

No real change in appearance. Not itchy, not sore, not painful, no bleeding. If it is going away it is ever so slowly, but it is still very noticeable.

I still apply triple anti-biotic ointment, and keep it bandaged, whenever I am out walking. Once again, its is only 1 toe. Since I am prone to skin cancers, I am also wondering if this may be some sort of basil cell, although it doesn't look like any of the other basil cells that I've ever had.

I have an appointment coming up soon with my primary, I will let him look at it, and make the appropriate referral to a dermatologist or podiatrist.

I am also going to contact my ID doctor, through secure messaging, and ask her if she can consult briefly with dermatology and podiatry, (since there all close together in the same building) and see if others are reporting this type of toe thing.

I will keep this subject updated as I learn more. Meanwhile, everything here is fine, and I am feeling great. Appetite is fine no loss of taste. temp is always around 97.7

No problem with leg numbness, other than the neuropthy I have. No problem walking.

Thanks and stay safe---Ray
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:23:03 am by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Mojito

« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2020, 03:20:03 am »
My test for CD4 and VL was due in May. However my doctor has advised not to visit test centre or hospital as a safety precaution from covid-19. She said as I'm doing good on my numbers (last CD4 was done in December 2019 came 638 and VL in July 2019 was less than 50), we can wait for couple of months for the test once things get better instead of visiting a test centre or hospital and risking catching corona virus. I think she's right.  Has anyone testing also delayed because of corona?

Offline Matths

« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2020, 07:09:46 am »
Hi, same situation here and exactly same advice I got from my doctor. I was on a quarterly VL test cycle and my last blood work was done in December. I was told to continue taking the medicine and wait for getting blood work done until I hear from him. I agree with this advice since I’m 100% compliant, and my prescription was extended and I get the medication mailed every month. But I can’t lie, I would like confirmation in writing that my VL continues to be < 20 but must be patient for now. Best matths

Offline kentfrat1783

• Instagram: kentfrat1783
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2020, 09:12:42 am »
Hi,

The same advice I got from my specialist back in March when the start of the Pandemic was hitting the US hard.  As my numbers were still low I was able to get my specialist and local primary care doctors to work together and I was able to get me CD4 and VL tested locally.

Now I'm getting to the point that I want to get back to my normal routine as the last results weren't as I hoped.  Yes, probably shouldn't go to a major clinic but I want to get back to a somewhat normal schedule.   I just need to see when I'll be allowed to make an appointment.

Just remember that the appointments are used to spot any abnormalities and a few months won't be an issue as your numbers are still good.  Also, better to wait a few months so you can make sure not to get anything worse. 

Take care,
Kenneth
Date - CD4 - Percent - VL
08/23/23 - 366 - 26%
06/20/23 - 349 - 21% - UD
04/15/23 - 229 - 19% - <20
11/14/22 - 486 - 24% - 73
10/12/22 - 316 - 19% - <20
06/20/22 - 292 - 21% - <20
01/25/22 - 321 - 22% - <20
09/22/21 - 278 - 19% - <20
02/02/21 - 225 - 19% - <20
06/08/20 - 257 - 20% - <20
03/17/20 - 285 - 19% - 101 (2.00)
12/17/19 - 290 - 20% - <20
09/17/19 - 218 - 16%
06/18/19 - 173 - 16% - <20
03/13/19 - 170 - 16% - <20
January 2019 - Started Triumeq
12/05/08 - 174 - 18% - <20
08/28/18 - 166 - 15% - <20
05/08/18 - 106 - 11% - <20
03/05/18 -   90 - 10% - <20
12/11/17 -   60 -   8%
09/07/17 -   42 -   6% - 54 (1.70)
May 2017 - Started Atripla
05/11/17 -    2 -    1% - 169,969 (5.23)
OI's: PCP
Dx`d May 11, 2017

Offline virgo313

« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2020, 10:01:38 am »
Went to hv my blood drawn last week. This appointment date was set before covid “was born”. After blood drawn, I was ask to asked to delay coming for the results. When Dr saw that I hv eye plus skin appointment dates as the same on ID dates in May, she say it is too troublesome to change 3 appointments. Other people hv to change Dr after drawing blood.

My parents half yearly appointment was change to Sep.

I think most hospitals are trying to avoid “crowds” to minimise any covid infection risk. They are also trying to protect both the public & frontliners.
RVD Nov 2015. VL --> Log 5.32 HAART on 23/11/15
TDF+FTC+EFV / Chemo KS - 25/11/15 - 20/01/16.
CD4 - 4 (3/11/15) / VL - 225,000

Offline harleymc

« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2020, 06:08:48 am »
In Australia the numbers affected have been relatively limited, which is not to diminish the suffering for the families and individuals concerned.

The economic Impacts here are dramatic and widespread, but the organisation that I work for is growing during this time.

Doctors are easy to access and my commuter train is almost empty.

It's really bizarre but I'm in the privileged position where life is better for me on material measures.

I hope everyone is travelling through this ok.

Besos y abrazos a todos.

Offline CR2016

« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2020, 10:35:19 am »
Hi there.
Here, in méxico, public health institutions use to date for CD4/VL test only one day a week. This day people for another clinical analysis isnt dated, just HIV or Cancer patients; and for our security we must stay away and entering in small blocks of patients. For results they recomend another person assist instead us.
i have tested last monday morning, dates for specialist are not available yet, maybe on june or july are going to start scheduling again.
hugs everyone here, we really hope this episode pase over smoothly.

Offline joemutt

« Reply #333 on: May 20, 2020, 10:53:44 am »
Had my blood test on 8 May and saw the doctor today,
regional hospital Thailand. It is important that people who need to see their doctor see them.
Very well-organised, temperature taken, hand gel available, everybody wore masks,
distancing respected by all, an atmosphere upbeat solidarity. Volunteers offered free haircuts, got one.

I feel much safer here than in my country of origin where handling this crisis has been a disaster.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2020, 07:46:37 pm »
Some evidence-based on data from 96,000 coronavirus patients from 671 hospitals around the world and the use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine.

In full Published:May 22, 2020
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

In short:
Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, often in combination with a second-generation macrolide, are being widely used for treatment of COVID-19, despite no conclusive evidence of their benefit. Although generally safe when used for approved indications such as autoimmune disease or malaria, the safety and benefit of these treatment regimens are poorly evaluated in COVID-19.

In this large multinational real-world analysis, we did not observe any benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine (when used alone or in combination with a macrolide) on in-hospital outcomes, when initiated early after diagnosis of COVID-19. Each of the drug regimens of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone or in combination with a macrolide was associated with an increased hazard for clinically significant occurrence of ventricular arrhythmias and increased risk of in-hospital death with COVID-19.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2020, 10:27:19 am »
Hi everyone, I'm  gonna vent here a little if you don't mind.

A certain segment of the American population keep down playing this pandemic saying "look at the numbers, it's less than 1% deaths", jesus christ, are they really serious?.
Before this month is through, this thing will surpass a hundred thousand deaths here in the US and we've been in it for only 4 months? That's more than any full year of deaths from AIDS in the US.. and these people are whining about how wearing a goddamn mask infringes on their rights.. unbelievable!

Recently I stood on an outside line at a donut shop, and the dude in front of me wasn't wearing a mask >:(  but I paid it no mind, just kept my 6ft. I winded up in the shop with this idiot bc they allow only 3 ppl in at a time. Then this idiot starts his blah, blah, blah, about "how stupid it is to stand on line, how stupid it is to wear a mask".. the clerk kept his cool and just kept asking him about what donuts he wanted,  and kept interrupting his rant with "is that all sir?".
These kind of idiots are all over the place, not only not wearing a face cover but yapping away the same rightwing diarrhea president moron has encouraged. They're beyond selfish with no commonsense. I honestly am considering moving to Canada.

A discussion also came up in an HIV chat group about the similarities of HIV/AIDS and Covid-19. Imo I think it's apples and oranges. HIV is for life and carries stigma, Covid is a gamble with the odds in favor of young healthy ppl.
Personally I wouldn't want to die from neither of these just bc I wouldn't want to die period. But if I had to catch one (too late), I'd rather take my chances with the Covid. Thoughts?

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2020, 07:49:37 pm »
Recently ran into this tweet from the Mayor of Chicago..
Today, to my great astonishment and disappointment, nine members of the Cook County Board of Commissioners voted to capitulate to ignorance and bigotry by voting to force the disclosure of the addresses of every patient who has tested positive for COVID-19.
https://twitter.com/chicagosmayor/status/1263639082824896512?s=20 .. this has got to be a HIPAA violation, no?
What's next, will they also disclose the names and addresses of HIV positive ppl?

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2020, 08:13:48 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm  gonna vent here a little if you don't mind.

A certain segment of the American population keep down playing this pandemic saying "look at the numbers, it's less than 1% deaths", jesus christ, are they really serious?.
Before this month is through, this thing will surpass a hundred thousand deaths here in the US and we've been in it for only 4 months? That's more than any full year of deaths from AIDS in the US.. and these people are whining about how wearing a goddamn mask infringes on their rights.. unbelievable!

Recently I stood on an outside line at a donut shop, and the dude in front of me wasn't wearing a mask >:(  but I paid it no mind, just kept my 6ft. I winded up in the shop with this idiot bc they allow only 3 ppl in at a time. Then this idiot starts his blah, blah, blah, about "how stupid it is to stand on line, how stupid it is to wear a mask".. the clerk kept his cool and just kept asking him about what donuts he wanted,  and kept interrupting his rant with "is that all sir?".
These kind of idiots are all over the place, not only not wearing a face cover but yapping away the same rightwing diarrhea president moron has encouraged. They're beyond selfish with no commonsense. I honestly am considering moving to Canada.

A discussion also came up in an HIV chat group about the similarities of HIV/AIDS and Covid-19. Imo I think it's apples and oranges. HIV is for life and carries stigma, Covid is a gamble with the odds in favor of young healthy ppl.
Personally I wouldn't want to die from neither of these just bc I wouldn't want to die period. But if I had to catch one (too late), I'd rather take my chances with the Covid. Thoughts?

Let it out !!! I know exactly what you are saying here. And it frustrates me to no end, that there's a whole lot of people STILL not taking this seriously. !

I could go on and on, but I get so pissed off.  I have a few friends that want the bars back open again. And I keep saying to them  " ARE YOU SERIOUS ? "  " ARE YOU NOT AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING AROUND YOU?"  Perhaps in a few months those people may not be around, or they may have survived, a few weeks of being in the hospital.

Did you see the video out of Daytona Beach yesterday,

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/05/24/video-large-crowds-take-over-daytona-beach-shut-down-roads-bridges/

https://abc11.com/lake-of-the-ozarks-daytona-beach-social-distancing-ozark-party/6208566/

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2020, 08:34:22 pm »

" Highly populated areas like Tampa and St. Petersburg, Fla., are now reporting dozens of new cases. Collin County, Texas, in the Dallas metroplex, and Wake County, N.C., are also showing signs of broader spread.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/covid-19-spreading-through-southern-midwestern-states/ar-BB14qy61?li=BBnb7Kz

Here in Pinellas County, Florida, There are 34 long-term care facilities in Pinellas County with positive cases.  Approx two weeks ago it was 23.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2020, 08:43:23 pm »
I could go on and on, but I get so pissed off.  I have a few friends that want the bars back open again. And I keep saying to them  " ARE YOU SERIOUS ? "  " ARE YOU NOT AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING AROUND YOU?"  Perhaps in a few months those people may not be around, or they may have survived, a few weeks of being in the hospital.

Did you see the video out of Daytona Beach yesterday,

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/05/24/video-large-crowds-take-over-daytona-beach-shut-down-roads-bridges/

https://abc11.com/lake-of-the-ozarks-daytona-beach-social-distancing-ozark-party/6208566/

I seen the Ozark one, but not Daytona 😖 wtf?🤬.

I miss Florida but definitely not "this Florida". Stay clear of these obnoxious fools. Think we need two vaccines, one for the Covid, and another for the stupidity. It's sad how people will go out of their way to be assholes.

Thanks Ray

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2020, 11:07:46 am »
 8)

POZ will be hosting a live discussion via Zoom on Monday, June 1st.

Webinar Speakers:

Mark S. King
Award-winning blogger, author, speaker and HIV/AIDS advocate

Venita Ray
Deputy Director @PWN-USA

Charles Sanchez
HIV+ Writer, Performer, Director and Activist

Click https://www.pozathome.com/registration to register for #POZatHome
“Coping With #COVID19 and #HIV,” a live discussion via Zoom with Mark S.
King, Venita Ray and Charles Sanchez hosted by POZ editor-in-chief Oriol
Gutierrez at 7 p.m. EST, Monday, June 1.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: May 27, 2020, 11:12:52 am »
I am sure some of you have seen this already.

POZ Write-up in full: https://www.poz.com/blog/new-york-times-commemorates-100000-covid19-deaths

In Short:

New York Times Commemorates 100,000 COVID-19 Deaths. The New York Times dedicated the front page of the May 24, 2020, edition to commemorating nearly 100,000 COVID-19 deaths in the United States

Front page of New York Times on May 24, 2020 commemorating 100,000 COVID-19 deaths.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline v9

« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2020, 06:21:53 am »
Hi everyone
                     I'm so worried  :'( :'(about Covid19 test at work . at my work they gonna reopen soon but before go back to work they will test for covid19 but if you are covid19 your blood gonna show positive status right! But same thing who living with Hiv has positive status also .  I have question if at my work do test my blood to check i have covid19 or not but i didn't has covid19 but result it  show positive status because i have Hiv this thing will let them know ? I has hiv   Please everyone tell me this positive status the result is same thing for hiv test ?

Thanks you very much everyone

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #344 on: May 30, 2020, 07:20:12 am »
The test is designed to only detect Covid19.
No worries about Hiv or other infections

Offline v9

« Reply #345 on: May 30, 2020, 05:22:27 pm »
thanks you sir

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2020, 08:40:15 am »
Hope everyone interested has registered for today's webinar with POZ.com, I'll certainly be attending and looking forward to it.

8)

POZ will be hosting a live discussion via Zoom on Monday, June 1st.

Webinar Speakers:

Mark S. King
Award-winning blogger, author, speaker and HIV/AIDS advocate

Venita Ray
Deputy Director @PWN-USA

Charles Sanchez
HIV+ Writer, Performer, Director and Activist

Click https://www.pozathome.com/registration to register for #POZatHome
“Coping With #COVID19 and #HIV,” a live discussion via Zoom with Mark S.
King, Venita Ray and Charles Sanchez hosted by POZ editor-in-chief Oriol
Gutierrez at 7 p.m. EST, Monday, June 1.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2020, 02:09:38 am »

https://www.poz.com/article/poz-home-coping-covid19-hiv

Recording of the POZ at Home episode, Oriol R. Gutierrez Jr. has a conversation with Mark S. King, Venita Ray and Charles Sanchez about how they are coping during the coronavirus pandemic while living with HIV.

Also, the “I Know I’m Enough” parody music video starring Mark S. King and Charles Sanchez was premiered
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2020, 08:41:56 pm »
Florida reports highest single-day total of coronavirus cases Miami Herald

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/florida-reports-highest-single-day-total-of-coronavirus-cases/ar-BB15magA?li=BBnb7Kz

MIAMI — Florida’s Department of Health on Thursday morning confirmed 1,698 additional cases of COVID-19, the highest reported in a single day since the pandemic began. The state now has a total of 69,069 confirmed cases....

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #349 on: June 11, 2020, 08:49:03 pm »

We went into a bar that we have been going to for the last 40 years.  They reopened this past Friday.

There was NO social distancing, no one except us was wearing mask, bartenders had no mask and no gloves.

It was as if they just reopened the doors and turned the lights on, all bar stools were in place with no distancing.

I said to the bartender, That I will be curious as to how many Covid cases, appear in people in the next few weeks that were in the bar.  We then Left.

No desire to go back.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.