Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:31:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 634
Total: 634

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Adherence and Compliance Issues with the Hillsborough County Health Department  (Read 3132 times)

Offline pezcbp

Adherence and Compliance Issues with the Hillsborough County Health Department In Tampa , FL. Health Department.

My problem come in with adherence and compliance Issues with the Hillsborough County Health Department In Tampa , FL. Seems if your meds are not filled on schedule you need doctor approval to get your meds . I live a hour away from the facility and they are delivered by courier service . The courier service requires signature which I am only available to give on Monday and Fridays sometimes. If I need a refill It takes several days more and the delivery guy comes on the wrong days trying to deliver . At this time he returns the meds to the pharmacy that I need to comply with the adherence program. I can not afford the $4.00 a gallon gas to drive down there to pic them up every month.  I would get my meds locally but CVS and Walgreens have inventory issues associated with these meds . Some compliance program It makes it difficult to get your meds from a Monopoly Health Department Pharmacy . And when you complain your being a pest .

Offline pacerintl

You didn't mention where in Florida you are at but the following link referes to Aids Healthcare Foundation, scrool down towards the bottom of the page to where you see Florida locations.  I will post the locations here...In California you don't have to be a client of AHF in order to use their pharmicies, infact there is a big marketing push to get anyone with HIV or AIDS to use AHF pharmacies because of their expertise in HIV and AIDS drugs, I'm not in Florida so I don't know if that's the case there.

Here is the URL to AHF... http://www.aidshealth.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=715&Itemid=267

Jacksonville
2160 Park St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204

P: 904.389.9744
F: 904.389.9406

Toll Free: 888.742.7988 Miami Pharmacy
375 NE 54th St., Ste. 3
Miami, FL 33137

P: 305.758.1984
F: 305.758.8714

Toll Free: 866.352.2525 Orlando Pharmacy
1021 N. Mills Ave.
Orlando, FL 32803

P: 407.770.0507
F: 407.770.0508

Toll Free: 800.955.5257

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tampa Pharmacy
4323 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33609

P: 813.514.6529
F: 813.514.6531

Toll Free: 800.352.5233  Wilton Manors (New)
2097 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, Florida 33305

P: 954.318.6997
F: 954.318.6998

Toll Free: 800.618.6997 

I am only familiar with California operations but was told there are some minor differences in operations procedures but they told me to just have people call to check. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:57:30 pm by pacerintl »

Offline pacerintl

Oh and with AHF you can pick up your meds, have them delivered by courier, they will often overnight meds.  If your not available, have them delivered to a family member or friend.  Just explain your problem to the AHF rep and they will tell you your options. 

Offline pezcbp

My problem come in with adherence and compliance Issues with the Hillsborough County Health Department In Tampa , FL. Seems if your med's are not filled on schedule you need doctor approval to get your med's . I live a hour away from the facility and they are delivered by courier service . The courier service requires signature which I am only available to give on Monday and Fridays sometimes. If I need a refill It takes several days more and the delivery guy comes on the wrong days trying to deliver . At this time he returns the med's to the pharmacy that I need to comply with the adherence program. I can not afford the $4.00 a gallon gas to drive down there to pic them up every month.  I would get my med's locally but CVS and Walgreens have inventory issues associated with these med's . Some compliance program It makes it difficult to get your med's from a Monopoly Health Department Pharmacy . And when you complain your being a pest .

At this point It is my opinion that this is Patient abuse . Are there any rightS as a Patient that we have ???  Should the health department be allowed to make such choices ?? Were is the compassion??  This is a new program they have implemented is it in fact legal?? Were is the compassion??

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.